When a trade goes wrong?

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was hoping that this wouldn't happen, but I think I'm being taken. The first transaction I did on here couldn't have went better. But the second is going since July 11th, with little response. Just wondering how many other people have got screwed out of stuff or if there's anything to do?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You need to give better specifics on what happened, I have to remind you that admin/Staff cannot get involved in the outcome of any hardware/E-juice trades/sales in this section as per our guidelines for this area.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Like Miss Whiskey said, there is not one damn thing the Admins and Mods can do about this stuff.

Which is why it is part of the rules of the Trading Post section.

Speaking as a private member of the forum and not a moderator, I would love to be able to think that every member of the forum is a class act and will honor their personal commitments.

Sadly, this is not always the case.

We seem to have new members showing up out of nowhere and their first post is wanting to sell stuff. Or trade stuff, or buy stuff.

I would suggest that before you decide to sell or buy or trade, take a look at their profile and then make the hard desision. Can they be trusted?

If they screw you over, and you have contacted them via PM or any other method at your disposal and they refuse to reply or make it right by you, then the last option that is open to you is to publicly post all of the gory details in the Hall of Shame and ding their trading score.

Which at least keep you fellow VU members from being taken as you were.

Wish I could do more but sad to say, you are on your own.

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks guys! I knew that there wasn't going to be much that anyone could do. I mean, I'm pretty much a new member myself and I could tell instantly that this was a great community. Everyone I've met in the vaping world has been so cool and nice. There have only been a select few here or there. My only complaints have been this guy, and one or two shops I've been to early on where when I walked in they didn't seem to want to get out of their chair or help me at all. Especially as a newbie they kinda treated me as dumb for not knowing everything. But I've found my local stores that are cool and so far my first transaction went perfectly, the second was this guy, and I have one pending now. Luckily it was a trade for Mt. Baker juice that I would've thrown away anyhow, but I sure would've liked to receive the juice offered. I'm going to message once more and see if I get a response.

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I assume this means when someones first few posts are trying to tug at heart strings to get something for free.
I'm confused, sorry but am I the one who is trying to get something for free? BTW the guy hit me back and said he had been "out in the field", but still haven't answered if he had received what I sent almost a month ago, but he did say that when he got back "out of the field" he would look up the tracking info to see what's happening.

I'll just stick with most people are legit, because I have some other stuff im wanting to trade or sell. The other two I've done stuff with have been awesome. And to add, like I said in another post, I'm really happy I've found this forum and it's been great!!!!! VU Rocks!

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm confused, sorry but am I the one who is trying to get something for free? BTW the guy hit me back and said he had been "out in the field", but still haven't answered if he had received what I sent almost a month ago, but he did say that when he got back "out of the field" he would look up the tracking info to see what's happening.

I'll just stick with most people are legit, because I have some other stuff im wanting to trade or sell. The other two I've done stuff with have been awesome. And to add, like I said in another post, I'm really happy I've found this forum and it's been great!!!!! VU Rocks!
I sent you a PM back from our response the other day, actually twice now lol. I have a bunch of people that can vouch for me as far as trading or buying goes :D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

Totally not intended towards you, there are some here and they know who they are. nuff said.........

rich424

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to this community . I once (not my first post) told a true story about a roommate friend who stole my setup. Almost immediately I was sent a PIF. I used that until I budgeted my new setup. I immediately PIF to a good friend of mine who had his setup stolen from his car a few days before. He is happy and I am happy. I thanked the gentleman many times and probably will send some juice his way. Just saying that some of newbies are very legit and very thankful for this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I am still waiting for someone to PIF me a pony:(

wrong-unicorn-10.png

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Last received on Aug 4th

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 77

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I prefer dogs...they have a better outlook on life..If you cant eat it, chew on it or ,hump it...then piss on it and walk away.

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So, at this point should I leave a negative feedback? Especially since I saw that the guy was on last week and still hasn't responded?

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, at this point should I leave a negative feedback? Especially since I saw that the guy was on last week and still hasn't responded?
You bet. This guy is just stringing you along. I guarantee you he was never in the field. Probably just trying to screw someone else in the meantime until the ban hammer comes down.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like what is up with this situation?
Has this been resolved as of YET??

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Im sorry man, I havent been paying very good attention lately.
My post was not about you, and was more of a generality of what people do when they join a forum and immediately start trying to get sympathy and free things sent to them.
I just got screwed myself and it sucks, but there is a big difference between getting guidance on your next step as someone who has been scammed, and someone posting sob stories about life then talking about how much they want to get into mech mods.

Is bejammin the one in question here or who was the theif?
No, the person in question is named Vandurith40
It seems Ben thought the OP was talking about him, but it was not.

sprad05

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nope, never heard anything back, I guess he is bad as the guy that emailed me and said he wanted to give me $1800 for something I had for sale that was $200. He would send a check for $1800, and I would take out the $200 plus $500 for my troubles and western union him the rest back.

That sounds like a good deal right?

That's how this guy made me feel.

Vandurith40 was the guy, I guess it's negative feedback time.

VU Sponsors