Become a Patron!

Whatsup all! My coil is lasting forever !!!

Hello all! I recently bought my first vape,the Kanger Subox Mini,the 75w version.Anyway,I literally starting using it like a month ago,and I'm still on the first coil?! I can't exactly remember which of the 3 coils it was,NI,TI,SS or so on.But I do believe it was a .5 ohm,with the two holes near the bottom.I keep the holes saturated,if I'm getting low on juice I tip the vape so the cotton is in juice basically always while I'm vaping.Anway,what I want to know is,should I vape until it completely burns out? Or should I put a new coil in? I'm still satisfied with the way it tastes,not burnt,normal hits,and flavorful.

Unless a new coil is going it be like 100% better I see no point in replacing.
Thanks !

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape with my coils until they are completely dead, And I never am disappointed when they last longer than what I think they should:):)
Welcome to VU, enjoy the forum!!:wave:

Sweet..I actually did end up cleaning out my tank and replacing the coil,just to see how it is.It does hit better/more flavorful,but not worth replacing coils prematurely.

The one I replaced was a Clapton coil,I'm keeping it as its not dead yet.Why did it last so long?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on how much you vape on it, the juice mix, the wattage , lots of things factor in on a coils life span, if it's working for you and lasting a long time , that is a good thing!!!:)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can clean head assemblies a number of ways too. This will let you rotate out coils without needing to buy many. I used to do similar, still do, with Smok ARO coil assemblies. I'll vape on one for about two weeks, set it out to clean, swap it with another in two weeks.

Not everyone soaks in vodka though. :) A rinse in hot water, then dry burn the coil before you fill a tank. A few gentle pulses ought to let you burn off any excess water, gunk. There is no alcohol left afterwards, or minimal, not enough to warrant concern.

If you desire saving more money by not buying coils assemblies, RDA, RDTAs are a good way to go. You can buy a spool or two of wire, make up coils that can last months. You change out the wicks every so often and you vape sweet and cheap. :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils, carefully used, could last years... In most cases coils are changed because the wick is worn out, NOT the coil. Or they have just built-up in burned ejuice gunk. Your juice and the way you vape it has a lot to do with coil longevity.

Most of my juice is NET based, I can get as little as 8 hours from a wick.. before it completly gunks up. Same set-up could run for a month or so with Non-Flavored juice. But I have never really tested total coil longevity.. I get bored with a coil or build after about 3 days... have to do something else.

I'm using a Sibra F mod with a vapress nrg tank and I started using a .18 ohm titanium coil 2 months ago and it's still going good. Ive washed out the coil twice already. Not complaining just wondering why it hasn't burned out yet

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A coil lasting a month is not uncommon because it depends on how many puffs you took. My Rafale coils last over 5,000 puffs. I only change a coil when it tastes funky.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've usually gone through a 5 ml tank in about 2 day's or so

I go thru 15-20 ML's a day and sometimes 30-40. Like I said it isn't the time it is the puffs and also length of time for each puff. Also another thing is the liquid because dark, NET's or Sweet e-Liquids are coil killers. Many variables to consider like if using TC or maxing out the wattage. If you are firing at the highest wattage recommended for a coil it usually doesn't last. I personally fire mine at 20-25% lower because for me that is my sweet spot. YMMV though. Happy Vaping~!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
necropost_o_4629485.jpg

Goes to @Shadowman

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've usually gone through a 5 ml tank in about 2 day's or so

I go thru 15-20 ML's a day and sometimes 30-40.

Using 18mg nicotine per ml 90-95% VG juice, go through an average of 4 ml of juice per day. When reading about others going through 15-40 ml of juice daily, I think they may be using 0-6mg per ml of nicotine juice. This holds true for many vapers. I'm only stating this as an observation and not attaching any judgement.

What anyone vapes is what is right for them. I'm not one to sat otherwise, at least until what's right isn't. A recent visit to my barber is an example. He had got $300 of vaping gear & juice, all of the juice 6mg per ml. He said that the guy at the local B&M told him that was all anyone needed. It didn't help my barber though. He kept returning to cigarettes to get enough nicotine.

Not sure why I started with 18mg per ml. Think I may have read or heard somewhere that was what is in a cigarette. Not sure and not sure that's even accurate if I did pick it up somewhere. I've kept using 18 mg per ml, even though I've switched from evod style tanks to RDAs. It seems the "industry" in general pointed to people using lower mg per ml when using RDAs. That might suit for some, can say though from my experience it doesn't suit "all".

How does nicotine relate to coil use? Well, nicotine oxidizes. That has an effect on metals used to make coils. I'm not sure it is such a great effect as to be terribly noticeable, yet there's still some effect.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure why I started with 18mg per ml. Think I may have read or heard somewhere that was what is in a cigarette.

When I started vaping and I first quit I was using 24-36 MG because it was what was in the Cig-A-Likes. At that time 24-36 MG was common to find in a Vape Shop. I slowly weaned down to my current 3 MG but find I am raising it on occasion when I do a mix. I have my Sweetie down to 9 MG now and she was at the same level as me but she uses restricted draw and low wattage. I Sub Ohm and although I have vaped 24MG I am not into the Head Rush. That isn't why I vape. But whatever MG or Wattage you vape as long as your not smoking I give you Congratulations~!

VU Sponsors