Become a Patron!

What's the deal with high wattage vaping?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not to leave the ladies out of this.

But this seems to be in the category of a "Guy Thing" as we are better known for this kind of behaviour.

Basically it seems to boil down to this simple age old pissing contest.

MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS........ASSHOLE!

Sadly I am in the same boat as the rest of the male species.

I have never gone beyond 15 watts on my DNA 20 mods and yet I have a 30 watt mod on the way.

And I am looking at the 50 watt mods kinda funny:rolleyes:

I've never vaped at anything over 12w, but that was extreme; my usual vaping is at 9.5w-10.5w... but I have a couple of 30w mods, a whole slew of 40w mods, and even a couple of 75w mods that do every sort of temp-control, though I don't use that feature.

The main issue for me is that the batteries which will support those mods, give me 2 days of battery life at my 10w setting (HE2s and 25Rs). Oh and also, I really really love seeing 100-200 watt mods... because then the prices on the 30-75w mods drops like a rock. :giggle: And also again... the higher watt mods, and especially the versatile TC mods, will hold more value over the long term, so if I should ever decide to sell them, I could get something more than pennies on the dollar what I paid for them.

I do still have 2 sigelei zmax's in the drawer, 15w mods, which would serve my needs very well... but I don't really care for tube mods anymore, they're too easy to knock over.

Andria

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Some people like a hot vape, some people like lots of flavour, some people like big clouds.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some people like a hot vape, some people like lots of flavour, some people like big clouds.

And anyone involved with making/selling ejuice LOVES the high-wattage mods and sub-ohm atties, because they make you run thru juice at lightspeed. Which is just one reason, other than my asthmatic lungs, why I will never ever vape that way. I'm just too big a tightwad. :D

Andria

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I noticed today on VJ blog that Sigelei is taking pre-orders from vendors for 100w box mods. I've also seen 20, 30, and 50 watt mods coming out recently. I don't use anything that's regulated anymore but when I did, I vaped it at most @ 10 watts. Just wondering what type of build/setup you'd use 100 watts for? Or for that matter, 20 or 30?

Is this being used for sub-ohm builds, some kind of 16 coil .01 ohm stuff? Also, what does the higher wattage do for the flavor of your juice? Do you have to alter what type you make/buy? For example, does it work better for tobacco types but not fruit? Does it have any effect on the nic level that you use - i.e, do you have to raise or lower your nic level to compensate for the higher wattage?

Also, if you have a higher wattage setup I'd love to see it

Thanks!

Ask and thou shalt receive.. This build uses about 180-220w. I am using a non hybrid mech mod, using Samsung 25Rs, so this is not a beginner build and there is a lot of research to be done. However, it is pretty easy to use the same or very similar build on a 200w regulated box. You will probably need to build to 0.1 to 0.15 ohms (Usually the low range most mechs can do)

The reason to use high watts is to power heavier coils. For example, 8 wraps of 20 ga kanthal takes more watts than 8 wraps of 26ga kanthal. The results are pretty obvious....

dual coil, 8 wraps, 20ga NiChrome would be good for regulated mods (2.5 mm core) = 0.115 ohm. (istick 100w needs >0.15, Ijoy Asolo needs > 0.10 ohm)

Im chuckling here now because someone on reddit said "Wire type doesn't make any difference" LOL. Kanthal would have only done 6 wraps and made less clouds than the 8 wrap of NiChrome.. maybe it does make a difference?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I vape in the 60 to 90 watt range no matter what the build.
I like to be able to pull until I can't pull any longer and it still be impossible to get a burnt hit.

I know some people like to vape at 200 watts, 5 volts and only take 1 second pulls.
There is also the polar opposite vaper that vapes at 75 watts, 3.5 volts and takes a pull until he/she is blue in the face.

I am just in the latter.

On the Boreas RTA & Smok R200 I have in my hand right now?
75 watts
0.24 ohms dual fused claptons
4.28 volts

Bazooka Sour Straws Apple 200ml <-- I am addicted to this shit (150ml's in 2 weeks with vaping other juice & mods 50% or more of the time:facepalm:)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I vape in the 60 to 90 watt range no matter what the build.
I like to be able to pull until I can't pull any longer and it still be impossible to get a burnt hit.

I know some people like to vape at 200 watts, 5 volts and only take 1 second pulls.
There is also the polar opposite vaper that vapes at 75 watts, 3.5 volts and takes a pull until he/she is blue in the face.

I am just in the latter.

On the Boreas RTA & Smok R200 I have in my hand right now?
75 watts
0.24 ohms dual fused claptons
4.28 volts

Bazooka Sour Straws Apple 200ml <-- I am addicted to this shit (150ml's in 2 weeks with vaping other juice & mods 50% or more of the time:facepalm:)

There really is a reason for those 1-1.5 second pulls. It is simply this, when cloud chasing, to get the biggest cloud possible, you want to inhale as fast as possible and exhale right away. The longer you hold the vapor, the less volume it has when exhaled. You know how fast it settles in the air? Same thing in the lung. In.. and Out.. asap. Now that doesn't matter to the avg vaper. lol. Only if you wanted to compete in cloud comps. I'm working towards that.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
And anyone involved with making/selling ejuice LOVES the high-wattage mods and sub-ohm atties, because they make you run thru juice at lightspeed. Which is just one reason, other than my asthmatic lungs, why I will never ever vape that way. I'm just too big a tightwad. :D

Andria
that's a big reason i started making my own. it's too expensive to blow through 20 dollars of juice a day

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I build, then run what wattage the build requires. I make my own juice and get alot of free juice...

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
I vape anywhere from 35 watts to 90, usually on the lower end because I'm a fruity vape fan and seem to get the most flavor. I can't stand cream vapes anymore for some reason :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
that's a big reason i started making my own. it's too expensive to blow through 20 dollars of juice a day

I'm too big of a tightwad to go thru that much juice a day, even making my own, even if my lungs would let me. I pinch pennies till they squeal for mercy. I also haven't bought anything vape-related since before 8/8... and still got LOTS. And LOTS AND LOTS more. :D

Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm too big of a tightwad to go thru that much juice a day, even making my own, even if my lungs would let me. I pinch pennies till they squeal for mercy. I also haven't bought anything vape-related since before 8/8... and still got LOTS. And LOTS AND LOTS more. :D

Andria
I can't stop buying. I jump on good deals when I see them lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't stop buying. I jump on good deals when I see them lol

The joy for me now is that I no longer have to spend a fortune on coffin nails, and I have ample vape supplies for the foreseeable future... so now I can buy all sorts of other stuff. :D :D :D

Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The joy for me now is that I no longer have to spend a fortune on coffin nails, and I have ample vape supplies for the foreseeable future... so now I can buy all sorts of other stuff. :D :D :D

Andria
True that. I'm glad I don't have to spend on vape stuff, but I do enjoy spending on vape stuff so many options. This industry has come a long way in a short time

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm now down to just 200ml of shisha strawberry, so I'll need to order another 100ml soon. :giggle: I also noted recently when someone mentioned it in a post, CAP VBIC appears to be diketone-free, so I was thinking I might get some of that, it would be a good addition to my other creams and vanillas.

That's really all I'll need for some time, flavors for DIY. Still got nearly 3L of nic in the freezer, and a gallon and a half of PG, quart and a half of VG. Got about 55ft of kanthal 29ga so I may need more of that within the next year, and still got almost the whole pkg of shisheido cotton, so I'm doing very well. :)

Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well, I'm now down to just 200ml of shisha strawberry, so I'll need to order another 100ml soon. :giggle: I also noted recently when someone mentioned it in a post, CAP VBIC appears to be diketone-free, so I was thinking I might get some of that, it would be a good addition to my other creams and vanillas.

That's really all I'll need for some time, flavors for DIY. Still got nearly 3L of nic in the freezer, and a gallon and a half of PG, quart and a half of VG. Got about 55ft of kanthal 29ga so I may need more of that within the next year, and still got almost the whole pkg of shisheido cotton, so I'm doing very well. :)

Andria
Sounds like your stocked for a while. Only thing I might run short on is nicotine. I got about 80ml left but only use .9ml per 30ml bottle. Might grab some more black Friday

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Andria
lmao.. holy christ.. I'm only 1/4 way through the 50ml bottle of 50/50 nic i got 3 months ago. but.. i only mix at 2 to 3mg.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ask and thou shalt receive.. This build uses about 180-220w. I am using a non hybrid mech mod, using Samsung 25Rs, so this is not a beginner build and there is a lot of research to be done. However, it is pretty easy to use the same or very similar build on a 200w regulated box. You will probably need to build to 0.1 to 0.15 ohms (Usually the low range most mechs can do)

The reason to use high watts is to power heavier coils. For example, 8 wraps of 20 ga kanthal takes more watts than 8 wraps of 26ga kanthal. The results are pretty obvious....

dual coil, 8 wraps, 20ga NiChrome would be good for regulated mods (2.5 mm core) = 0.115 ohm. (istick 100w needs >0.15, Ijoy Asolo needs > 0.10 ohm)

Im chuckling here now because someone on reddit said "Wire type doesn't make any difference" LOL. Kanthal would have only done 6 wraps and made less clouds than the 8 wrap of NiChrome.. maybe it does make a difference?
Have you ever had a vent, or anything untoward happen building this low on a mech, using 25R's?

Also, how long do you find a battery lasts before needing charging? If I use a mech, I generally build to around 0.21 as a minimum, usually higher resistance, as this is where I feel comfortable, and mainly use 25R's or HE4's myself.

I find when I build lower, which is down to 0.21, I do not get long at all before needing to swap batteries. I enjoy mechs, and am ordering another this weekend, but I always see them as something to use alongside a regulated mod. I think I have just got used to regulated mods, and in the wattage range I vape I never am near CDR, let alone pulse ratings regulated.

I realise though people every day use builds that are very low with no issues at all, which is why I wondered if you have ever had any problems?

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
120w all day
23e96774751d179922af07f7b747b95b.jpg

Aptly named "the Cloud Chaser" from a friend who only has my old MVP20W and Aerotank Mega.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Have you ever had a vent, or anything untoward happen building this low on a mech, using 25R's?

Also, how long do you find a battery lasts before needing charging? If I use a mech, I generally build to around 0.21 as a minimum, usually higher resistance, as this is where I feel comfortable, and mainly use 25R's or HE4's myself.

I find when I build lower, which is down to 0.21, I do not get long at all before needing to swap batteries. I enjoy mechs, and am ordering another this weekend, but I always see them as something to use alongside a regulated mod. I think I have just got used to regulated mods, and in the wattage range I vape I never am near CDR, let alone pulse ratings regulated.

I realise though people every day use builds that are very low with no issues at all, which is why I wondered if you have ever had any problems?
Nope. Never had a vent. I use good batteries and build well under the max stress test limit. I also check the battery every 3rd or 4th pull. I can usually vape down to about 3.5 watts, but it really drops off around 3.8w So for clouds, you only get 4 or 6 decent pulls. Yeah, I use the 25Rs as well. For vape time, a regulated mod is better, or a higher resistance build with a kick. I don't use hybrid mods, they just aren't safe IMO. Build only what you are comfortable building at. I have heard of people winning cloud comps on a TFV8. Personally, I think a quad coil on a temple with a 2 series or parallel mech would be it hands down. I need to do a lot more study on multicell mechs though. Figure out which is better.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. Never had a vent. I use good batteries and build well under the max stress test limit. I also check the battery every 3rd or 4th pull. I can usually vape down to about 3.5 watts, but it really drops off around 3.8w So for clouds, you only get 4 or 6 decent pulls. Yeah, I use the 25Rs as well. For vape time, a regulated mod is better, or a higher resistance build with a kick. I don't use hybrid mods, they just aren't safe IMO. Build only what you are comfortable building at. I have heard of people winning cloud comps on a TFV8. Personally, I think a quad coil on a temple with a 2 series or parallel mech would be it hands down. I need to do a lot more study on multicell mechs though. Figure out which is better.

Fair play, as long as you feel OK with your build then all is good, within reason.

I never vape that low wattage myself, as I find I need at least 20-30W but everyone has a different style and what they enjoy.
I do use hybrid style mechs but with caution, I do prefer standard 510 connections myself too though.

I own a few dual parallel mechs, only one series mech, they are fun from time to time but I always end up going back to regulated as my ADV, but I do find mechs fun to use alongside them too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like your stocked for a while. Only thing I might run short on is nicotine. I got about 80ml left but only use .9ml per 30ml bottle. Might grab some more black Friday

lmao.. holy christ.. I'm only 1/4 way through the 50ml bottle of 50/50 nic i got 3 months ago. but.. i only mix at 2 to 3mg.

I'm currently at 3.4mg, and mixing today in fact, so I see that for the 50ml I intend to mix, I'll be using only 1.6ml of 100mg nicotine. The 3L is intended to be a lifetime supply -- in brown bottles with very little space at the top, in cardboard boxes, in my freezer. If it doesn't last 30 yrs, it's not for lack of effort. :D Therefore the 3L is also a middle finger to the FDA, and hopefully a sharp stick in their eye as well. They can fuck off, trying to tell me that vaping isn't effective for quitting smoking -- my 2 yrs, 3 months as a non-smoker, after 39 yrs of smoking and 4 failed attempts at quitting using that BP snake-oil, says they're full of shit.

Andria

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Fair play, as long as you feel OK with your build then all is good, within reason.

I never vape that low wattage myself, as I find I need at least 20-30W but everyone has a different style and what they enjoy.
I do use hybrid style mechs but with caution, I do prefer standard 510 connections myself too though.

I own a few dual parallel mechs, only one series mech, they are fun from time to time but I always end up going back to regulated as my ADV, but I do find mechs fun to use alongside them too.
yeah, and I know my coils are good. I use a combination of the coil wrapping page on steam engine, ohms law calc, and my ohm meter. I know the ohm meter is off by 0.04amp so i build at 0.08 on steam engine and as long as the ohm meter says 0.12 or 0.11 Im good. Im considering checking into a web site i found more.. build your own, accurate to 0.001 ohm which is MUCH more accurate. I see no reason to get a hybrid, that tiny amount of battery sag from the floating pin isnt that big a deal, not worth the risk. IMO.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, and I know my coils are good. I use a combination of the coil wrapping page on steam engine, ohms law calc, and my ohm meter. I know the ohm meter is off by 0.04amp so i build at 0.08 on steam engine and as long as the ohm meter says 0.12 or 0.11 Im good. Im considering checking into a web site i found more.. build your own, accurate to 0.001 ohm which is MUCH more accurate. I see no reason to get a hybrid, that tiny amount of battery sag from the floating pin isnt that big a deal, not worth the risk. IMO.
That is of course important too in regards to your coils- I also use steam engine, a calculator and an ohm reader, which is also off a bit too lol.

I had a cheap Ohm meter for a long time, and it was actually accurate, I spent a bit more on a Sigelei Ohm meter and it is off around the same amount as yours. I often use a regulated mod as well which I know is accurate to check after building just in case.

I haven't come across build your own myself, do you have a link? I had a quick google but can't seem to find it but it sounds interesting to use.

Most of my mechs are clones in all honesty, my first hybrid style was actually a gift from a friend, after using it for a while I got a couple of SMPL clones, and an AV able style mod, but I do prefer a standard 510.

I am going to order the Wotofo phantom on the weekend as it seems good for the price, and it includes a standard 510 connection too, I am hoping I like it as much as my tree of life as I would really like a 18650 mech that just works as well as that does.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That is of course important too in regards to your coils- I also use steam engine, a calculator and an ohm reader, which is also off a bit too lol.

I had a cheap Ohm meter for a long time, and it was actually accurate, I spent a bit more on a Sigelei Ohm meter and it is off around the same amount as yours. I often use a regulated mod as well which I know is accurate to check after building just in case.

I haven't come across build your own myself, do you have a link? I had a quick google but can't seem to find it but it sounds interesting to use.

Most of my mechs are clones in all honesty, my first hybrid style was actually a gift from a friend, after using it for a while I got a couple of SMPL clones, and an AV able style mod, but I do prefer a standard 510.

I am going to order the Wotofo phantom on the weekend as it seems good for the price, and it includes a standard 510 connection too, I am hoping I like it as much as my tree of life as I would really like a 18650 mech that just works as well as that does.

http://electronics-diy.com/electronic_schematic.php?id=951

LMAO! While searching.. i found this.. I HAD to share it...

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doh! I completely misread what you meant, and thought you meant an alternative to steam engine that is somehow more accurate lol! I can solder, but I wont lie I do not fully understand electronic schematics, if you do build one of these though you will have to let us know, and I hope it works well :).

I just wondered, due to the time you reply is similar to me, are you in the UK too?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Doh! I completely misread what you meant, and thought you meant an alternative to steam engine that is somehow more accurate lol! I can solder, but I wont lie I do not fully understand electronic schematics, if you do build one of these though you will have to let us know, and I hope it works well :).

I just wondered, due to the time you reply is similar to me, are you in the UK too?
ohhhhhhh lol now, im looking for a more precise ohm reader. That one I linked is a diy but supposed to be accurate to 0.001 ohm.. FAR FAR below anything I will build at. But if i build 0.08 it will read 0.08 or 0.079 but Im not worried about the 1/1000th just when my reading is off by 50% that i get nervous.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ohhhhhhh lol now, im looking for a more precise ohm reader. That one I linked is a diy but supposed to be accurate to 0.001 ohm.. FAR FAR below anything I will build at. But if i build 0.08 it will read 0.08 or 0.079 but Im not worried about the 1/1000th just when my reading is off by 50% that i get nervous.
I can understand if your reading is off by 50% some concern, at least you know exactly how far off your meter is though to stay safe, building at 0.08 and really being at 0.04 would not be good.

Even though it is below anything you will build at, it would still be cool to have a very accurate meter that you have built yourself.

Do you own any regulated mods with an accurate meter? As you could always triple check with that for now if you wanted another reading just to be sure? I know you understand what you are doing though, just what I usually do when building for my mechs.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I can understand if your reading is off by 50% some concern, at least you know exactly how far off your meter is though to stay safe, building at 0.08 and really being at 0.04 would not be good.

Even though it is below anything you will build at, it would still be cool to have a very accurate meter that you have built yourself.

Do you own any regulated mods with an accurate meter? As you could always triple check with that for now if you wanted another reading just to be sure? I know you understand what you are doing though, just what I usually do when building for my mechs.
even that wouldnt be so bad, but it is not always off by the same amount. So.. I use steamengine to calculate the build, and check on the ohm meter. As long as it comes in higher on the ohm meter, I figure its fine. For example, if i build a 0.1 ohm coil on steamengine, and it comes in at 0.14 on the ohm meter, its fine. BUT if i build a coil at 0.07 for example using only the ohm reader, knock 0.04 off that and you have a 0.03 ohm pipe bomb.

My new ijoy came in yesterday, so I do now. But it only goes as low as 0.10 and sometimes 0.09

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
even that wouldnt be so bad, but it is not always off by the same amount. So.. I use steamengine to calculate the build, and check on the ohm meter. As long as it comes in higher on the ohm meter, I figure its fine. For example, if i build a 0.1 ohm coil on steamengine, and it comes in at 0.14 on the ohm meter, its fine. BUT if i build a coil at 0.07 for example using only the ohm reader, knock 0.04 off that and you have a 0.03 ohm pipe bomb.

My new ijoy came in yesterday, so I do now. But it only goes as low as 0.10 and sometimes 0.09
Ahh I see, that is a concern then if it isn't consistent with its readings- as you say it would not be good to have a 0.03 pipebomb!

Although, the shops round here seem to enjoy building ridiculously low and saying how safe their builds are. I think they do it to seem more knowledgeable to customers, but it has stopped me using them. I understand if people want to go low, but stating how safe it is to people in the shop, when new vapers can hear I think is bad practice.

Which Ijoy was it you got? I don't yet have one of those in the collection, but hear of people liking them.

I have the Sigelei 213W mod with the SMOK Big Baby Beast tank. I vape comfortably at 66.6 Watts, and sometimes 90.0 Watts depending on which coil I'm using. I vape mostly sweet and fruity juices. Smurf Blue Rasberry by VapeGate and Gummie bear by Blew-Out are my two favorites so far.

I have the Sigelei 213W with the Big Baby Beast tank TFV8 by SMOK. I vape comfortably at 66.6 Watts and sometimes 90.0 Watts depending on which coil i have. I prefer fruity and sweet juices, my two favorite so far are Smurf Blue Rasberry by VaperGate and gummie bear by Blew-Out. Both have great taste and big clouds at high Watts

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Sigelei 213W mod with the SMOK Big Baby Beast tank. I vape comfortably at 66.6 Watts, and sometimes 90.0 Watts depending on which coil I'm using. I vape mostly sweet and fruity juices. Smurf Blue Rasberry by VapeGate and Gummie bear by Blew-Out are my two favorites so far.
Someone else who vapes at odd wattage levels- I often am set at a uneven level myself, it seems some people really hate that though for some reason lol.

I received the SMOK baby beast tank last weekend, along with the Alien in the kit. Using it at around 62.5W with the octuple coil at the moment, works well up to around 80W with the DIY juice I use but that seems to be the sweet spot. Higher wattage than I usually vape most of the time, but actually a surprisingly nice, flavoursome tank. I will be buying the RBA for this one definitely.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the Sigelei 213W with the Big Baby Beast tank TFV8 by SMOK. I vape comfortably at 66.6 Watts and sometimes 90.0 Watts depending on which coil i have. I prefer fruity and sweet juices, my two favorite so far are Smurf Blue Rasberry by VaperGate and gummie bear by Blew-Out. Both have great taste and big clouds at high Watts
do you vape at 66.6 watts because you want to be closest to the number of the beast? 666?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Someone else who vapes at odd wattage levels- I often am set at a uneven level myself, it seems some people really hate that though for some reason lol.

My preferred vape is 9.6w to 9.8w -- and yeah, that low, .2w does make a difference. However, I have a half dozen Coolfire IV's of various types, and they don't do "odd" levels -- so I have to stay at least tolerant of 9.5w and 10w. 9.5w doesn't really bother me, I can start there in the morning just fine, but it starts to seem kinda weak after a few hours, so I have to boost it to 10w... at which point, I'll put on a longer driptip to avoid too much heat on my lips. And yeah, this probably is the reason why I prefer my MiniBooks and iPV Minis, though I know the Coolfire IVs are superior mods.

Andria

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My preferred vape is 9.6w to 9.8w -- and yeah, that low, .2w does make a difference. However, I have a half dozen Coolfire IV's of various types, and they don't do "odd" levels -- so I have to stay at least tolerant of 9.5w and 10w. 9.5w doesn't really bother me, I can start there in the morning just fine, but it starts to seem kinda weak after a few hours, so I have to boost it to 10w... at which point, I'll put on a longer driptip to avoid too much heat on my lips. And yeah, this probably is the reason why I prefer my MiniBooks and iPV Minis, though I know the Coolfire IVs are superior mods.

Andria
you vape that low? wow I remember well but that was years ago sometimes I miss my cartomizers at that wattage

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you vape that low? wow I remember well but that was years ago sometimes I miss my cartomizers at that wattage

If my DIY strawberry & cream wasn't such a gunk monster, I'd still be enjoying my IBTank'ed setup... well, IF I could find cartos to put in it. :giggle: But I can't even vape this stuff in a tank, it's so gunky; the backwash into the tank causes massive juice wastage, so I have to stick with my Achilles.

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different strokes for different folks, the highest I've been today is 20 watts on the 0.7 coil in the Nautilus 2.
And & @AndriaD the coolfire iv is a great mod, I'm after a couple more. It's survived many drops!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Different strokes for different folks, the highest I've been today is 20 watts on the 0.7 coil in the Nautilus 2.
And & @AndriaD the coolfire iv is a great mod, I'm after a couple more. It's survived many drops!

Yeah they're awesome little beasts -- the ones with the full-metal body, like the originals and the 75w-TC-18650 version. I think Innokin mods are probably some of my most favorite, just because of their durability -- all 3 of my old vv3's still work, and they're all at least 3 yrs old, one of them almost three and a half, as it was my first "mod" after I figured out how limited the eRoll is. :D

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah they're awesome little beasts -- the ones with the full-metal body, like the originals and the 75w-TC-18650 version. I think Innokin mods are probably some of my most favorite, just because of their durability -- all 3 of my old vv3's still work, and they're all at least 3 yrs old, one of them almost three and a half, as it was my first "mod" after I figured out how limited the eRoll is. :D

Andria
Yeah they are great mods alright, I have an original and a 100tc version. Just got an mvp4 too and they are just as solid with a brilliant 4500 mah battery. Innokin are my favourite supplier but I gotta say I'm loving my aspire zelos too & you say you vape at 9.5 watts right? Definitely recommend if your into stock coils. I'm too shaky for building so stick to my Nautilus mini & nautilus 2.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah they are great mods alright, I have an original and a 100tc version. Just got an mvp4 too and they are just as solid with a brilliant 4500 mah battery. Innokin are my favourite supplier but I gotta say I'm loving my aspire zelos too & you say you vape at 9.5 watts right? Definitely recommend if your into stock coils. I'm too shaky for building so stick to my Nautilus mini & nautilus 2.

Nah I haven't used "stock coils" since about 3 months after I started vaping, if you don't count the cartos I used for a while in an IBtanked setup. :D But starting in Dec 2014 when I started making my awesome strawberry & cream, I've had to use strictly rebuildables, and even had to switch from my Kayfuns over to my Achilles RDAs, because of the monstrous gunking problem with that strawberry & cream. I do usually stay somewhere around 9.5w; today I'm using one of my Minibooks at 9.4w... and with the Achilles, that's really all it takes for a stupendous vape.

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah fair enough, I'm after an rta but can't say I really care for dripping. If it keeps you off the stinkies though that's all that matters :)

VU Sponsors