Become a Patron!

What wattage range is safe for my coils?

sci4me

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Basically what I want to know is how do I know what a safe maximum wattage for a coil is? Right now I have a dual 24-gauge core, 36-gauge clapton setup and it's 0.256 ohms. I'm currently at 100 watts. Is there a way to know what a safe maximum wattage is or can I just go up until I am satisfied?

Also, how do I know if my resistance is too low? I had a 0.09 ohm setup earlier but I wasn't sure about it so I took one of the coils out.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your using a regulated mod, it doesn't make any difference, the mod should stop anything bizarre from happening.

Personally, .09 is too low for me on any mod. Although the mod will fire the coil, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The question is not is it safe for the coil, but is it safe for the my battery, will my mod be able to run that low resistance and will my build inside my atty be able to keep up with the wicking at this wattage.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have a regulated mod it won't fire at a power level unsafe for the mod... it might fire at a level that could burn your mouth and possibly draw more camps from your battery than it has available. Fwiw the ohm of you coil will not determine the amp draw. The wattage/volts output does that.. so use a battery with a rating to COVER your mods DRAW..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Basically what I want to know is how do I know what a safe maximum wattage for a coil is? Right now I have a dual 24-gauge core, 36-gauge clapton setup and it's 0.256 ohms. I'm currently at 100 watts. Is there a way to know what a safe maximum wattage is or can I just go up until I am satisfied?

Also, how do I know if my resistance is too low? I had a 0.09 ohm setup earlier but I wasn't sure about it so I took one of the coils out.
I run dual coil setups between .07-.15 all the time. Most regulated mods will not fire below .10 ohms. As long as you have a regulated mod, crank it up until you are satisfied. I vape between 130-150 on average for a .10 - .17 build. That's just how I roll. :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m running mine at 140 w and my ohms .13 is that safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What battery and mod are you using..... that is tbe determining factor..

COIL are safe from Zero to infinity watts.... the limiting factor being your tolerance for heat.

Safe is determined by battery and mod choices.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors