Become a Patron!

What "settings" for Kanger OCC coils?

Belts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys! I got a Kangertech Topbox Mini couple weeks ago and love it. I haven't touched a cig since! I'm still a noob to the whole thing, though. I just got some OCC coils today and I'm not sure what "setting" to vape on, as in, should I vape in full power or temp control, and how do I know if it's nickel, stainless steal, or what?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The box should say what material they are. If it's a nickel coil, the coil itself should say Ni. What resistance did you get?

Belts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.5 and I searched the box but I don't see anything about metal material. They are authentic though, already checked that. And they're really heavy compared to all my other coils.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like they're kanthal (the nickel coils that are used in TC only have a blue o ring around the bottom). If so they're used in power mode. Are they the round coils, or the square ones? Generally with either you start around 20 watts and work up till you get the flavor you want - back down if you get a slight burned taste. A quick google search indicates you have both a 0.5 ohm (kanthal) coil and a 0.15 ohm (ni200 coil). Be sure if you use the nickel coil that you use TC setting for Ni200! For those, again you could start around 400F and 20 watts. You will likely end up around 450F or so (or higher). The settings are generally written on the side of the coils.

Belts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, thanks. These are square and have a red o-ring, btw.

Belts

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just at 60 watts and it wasn't burnt, but too much vape for me. XD

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mainly use my Subtanks with the RBA's at around 25-30 watts. When I use the .5 coil I generally run it between 40-50 watts. Kanger also makes a .2 nichrome coil that I would avoid if I were you. I beleive they are rated up to 80 watts but anything above 60 gives me a burnt hit. The flavor has a very odd metallic taste and they tend to leak.

PS - congrats on quiting!

VU Sponsors