Become a Patron!

what is your favorite flavor

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i am just not huge fan of it and i dont really want to drill out the air holes i have to hold the button down pretty much till it flashes to get it jut might be an air thing for me
Do you have an Aerotank base for your protank? If not, I'd invest in one. They're like $4.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those bases are nice.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's totally understandable. You must be a really fast learner since your signature says that you've been vaping for less than 2 months. My point was that everybody seems to want to just "plug and play" and there is a lot of value in taking all of the steps and learning from them as you go. Don't forget that the main goal was to get off of cigarettes. You've done that. The rest as they say is "gravy". Especially if funds are low..take your time. You can get a clone rda and an inexpensive mech set up for probably about $30. Save up until you can get it and and give the protank some hell for a little while longer. It might not be as satisfying as you want it to be, but it's good enough to keep you off the stinkies...that's the truly important thing :)

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's totally understandable. You must be a really fast learner since your signature says that you've been vaping for less than 2 months. My point was that everybody seems to want to just "plug and play" and there is a lot of value in taking all of the steps and learning from them as you go. Don't forget that the main goal was to get off of cigarettes. You've done that. The rest as they say is "gravy". Especially if funds are low..take your time. You can get a clone rda and an inexpensive mech set up for probably about $30. Save up until you can get it and and give the protank some hell for a little while longer. It might not be as satisfying as you want it to be, but it's good enough to keep you off the stinkies...that's the truly important thing :)
i started a year ago then stopped and then started back again but yes im a fast learner for sure got protank watch a few vids and went for it i actually quit smoking around that time i was doing both but just on a normal disposable tank. oh i give it hell im a heavy vaper my girl says i never put it down lol.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well keep on rockin' it man! Just wanted to give you some encouragement :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup, airflow controller takes this tank to a whole new level IMO.
Probably the best 5 bucks I've spent so far...
Well, actually I got 3 now, 2 in use, and 1 spare.
As a bonus, they work on my Anyvape Davide's too.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
guess ill have to get one soon

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
damn if the one juice i made tasted awfull gotta figure out what i did wrong

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if i had a mod i might be able to taste it better

just made a small 10 ml 70vg 30 pg mi with 3% white peach 2% passion fruit 1% cream fresh all from flavor art

so now what to fix i couldnt taste any of it it was just a bad indescribable taste

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so now what to fix i couldnt taste any of it it was just a bad indescribable taste
How did you measure your %? Did you use drops or mls? Is the flavour weak or strong. How did you mix your base? The ingredients that you used are good. The passion fruit, probably is pretty strong and the white peach is subtle. The cream can take a bit to blend.
I would go higher on the pg, I find that the vg mutes flavour for me.
I also make 30 ml bottles as the % amounts are really tiny in 10 MLS unless you make a flavour bottle like @HeadInClouds does for small amounts.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
damn if the one juice i made tasted awfull gotta figure out what i did wrong

99.9% of the time you added to much flavor…. The other .1% of the time who knows…

This is just an FYI from my experience… I ALWAYS flavor on the weak side and since I am still new to making my own juices I use drops to measure.

So for example.. I am making a 30ml bottle of juice.. I decide I want to make a Coconut flavor. I start with 15 drops of flavor. (1 drop per 2ml) I shake it up real good… Like 30 seconds… Then I try it immediately. If it is to weak I add 5 drops and test it again. I do this until I find a happy spot.

So lets say 15 drops made it taste good… But I want to add a little pineapple flavor to make a pina colada type flavor. So I add 10 drops of my second flavor and test it… To weak I add 5 drops and test again… Etc….

This is what I would recommend that you do @ironprime until you get your feet wet to try something else.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
99.9% of the time you added to much flavor…. The other .1% of the time who knows…

This is just an FYI from my experience… I ALWAYS flavor on the weak side and since I am still new to making my own juices I use drops to measure.

So for example.. I am making a 30ml bottle of juice.. I decide I want to make a Coconut flavor. I start with 15 drops of flavor. (1 drop per 2ml) I shake it up real good… Like 30 seconds… Then I try it immediately. If it is to weak I add 5 drops and test it again. I do this until I find a happy spot.

So lets say 15 drops made it taste good… But I want to add a little pineapple flavor to make a pina colada type flavor. So I add 10 drops of my second flavor and test it… To weak I add 5 drops and test again… Etc….

This is what I would recommend that you do @ironprime until you get your feet wet to try something else.

but the only problem with that is: not all drops are the same.

If you ever want to accurately reproduce a recipe you like.. percentages rule!

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
but the only problem with that is: not all drops are the same.

If you ever want to accurately reproduce a recipe you like.. percentages rule!
Lots if problems with lots if things aren't there? This is what I do and it has worked great.

Sent from that squirrel, in that tree, watching you.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Lots if problems with lots if things aren't there? This is what I do and it has worked great.

As long as it works for you... :D

I just mix in large batches, so drops will not do me a lick of good. :p

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agreed. Percentages are good. But for a newbie drops is a quick way to learn and fairly safe. Keeps newbies like me from over mixing.

On larger batches I prefer to use weight. Percentages and me don't get along.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
actually, even when I first started out.. I was told percentages..
with graduated cylinders, it's even simpler..

drops come in too many sizes, so it will never be accurate.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i used a syringe for vg pg mix using ejuice me up and yes i did drops for flavoring im hoping it was just my coil or cotton but for 10 ml i did 7 ml of vg 2.4 pg about 7 drops peach or 3% 4 dops or 2% passion and 2 drops or 1% cream all flavor art

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im assuming 70vg30pg doesnt work well in the protank 2 i kept getting bad burnt taste or something in it with the juice i made

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run 85%vg and 15%water in mine. I add flavor as well so it's probably closer to 80% vg in my pt2. Seems your percentages are ok to me. Hmmmmm.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im so confused cause its just a single flavor but im getting like a cotton taste maybe i didnt let steep long enough idk im lost

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes it takes a bit to get it going. Have you tried priming the wick?

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes it takes a bit to get it going. Have you tried priming the wick?

yes im getting vapor just a bad taste

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can say its too thick for the Protank 2. try adding a couple drops of distilled water at a time until it clears up. Even my 50/50 in a Protank gets 2% DW and with fruit a few drops of lemon juice.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can say its too thick for the Protank 2. try adding a couple drops of distilled water at a time until it clears up. Even my 50/50 in a Protank gets 2% DW and with fruit a few drops of lemon juice.
Lemon juice?

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it makes the fruit flavor pop.. Ascorbic acid like Apple cider vinegar makes tobacco mix pop. That's also acid.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and i had a small small amount of juice left in tank and added mine and boom nasty taste after a few hits

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can not pick a fav flavor.. but I made some liquid sunshine in a bottle this weekend..
based on a citrus punch type.. with spices..
I think I am in trouble, as I have already sold out 8 ounces, vaped another 20ml and looking at empty bottles!! :)
Are you willing to share receipt???Sounds yummy!!!

VU Sponsors