i am looking to diy finally and am trying to decide flavors

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So far my favorite is a Cherry Vanilla mix… I added a bit of Menthol for a friend of mine and I liked that too. I used Inawera flavors for the mix.

It was about 25ml or so
15 drops cherry
15 drops vanilla
and if wanted
10 drops menthol.

Tasty….

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Favorite single flavor, standalone...ever? Some days, I'd say FlavourArt Vienna Cream. Some days I'd say FA Catalan Cream. Most of the time I'd say it's impossible to pick a single favorite flavor.

Favorite recipe - no way I could ever choose just one!

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So far my favorite is a Cherry Vanilla mix… I added a bit of Menthol for a friend of mine and I liked that too. I used Inawera flavors for the mix.

It was about 25ml or so
15 drops cherry
15 drops vanilla
and if wanted
10 drops menthol.

Tasty….
see now if you added cola you could have cherry cola or vanilla coke

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my favorite flavor of all time is capellas vanilla custard. it works with everything . try it lol. then 2 nd favorite would be pretty much all flavor art flavors

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah im just going to start with 3 or 4 single flavor that can possible mi and be good or stand alone and be good i got 240ml of vg and 120 ml of pg coming

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get bored of flavors pretty quickly, but as a single flavor mix, right now my favorite is 'chewy chocolate bar' from oneonone flavors, for mutlipe flavor mix, right now I am hooked on Banana Caramel Custard -

Vanilla Custard V1 (Cap) 12%
Caramel (Cap) 6%
Ripe Banana (TFA) 2%

But in a few weeks it will probably be different.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
see now my question is tfa or flavorart whats better

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
see now my question is tfa or flavorart whats better
I've been mixing for about a year, and was a die hard TFA user, since wizard labs had the best prices for flavors and TFA is basically all they sold (they sell Capella now). I read some stuff about FA, and then the great diketones scare of 2014 happened, which prompted more research. Then, HIC posted the infamous Purevapes thread over on ECF, where I found out Purevapes sold 3ml FA samples for $1.50. After my first order, I was sold. FA is just amazing. Cleanest, truest flavors I've had. If I want artificial hit-or-miss candy, or cakey/instant pudding type flavors, I go with TFA and Caps respectively. If I want REAL, honest, almost healthy tasting flavors, I use flavor art.

With TFA, it almost NEVER tastes like the name in the bottle. With FA, it ALWAYS tastes like the name on the bottle.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been mixing for about a year, and was a die hard TFA user, since wizard labs had the best prices for flavors and TFA is basically all they sold (they sell Capella now). I read some stuff about FA, and then the great diketones scare of 2014 happened, which prompted more research. Then, HIC posted the infamous Purevapes thread over on ECF, where I found out Purevapes sold 3ml FA samples for $1.50. After my first order, I was sold. FA is just amazing. Cleanest, truest flavors I've had. If I want artificial hit-or-miss candy, or cakey/instant pudding type flavors, I go with TFA and Caps respectively. If I want REAL, honest, almost healthy tasting flavors, I use flavor art.

With TFA, it almost NEVER tastes like the name in the bottle. With FA, it ALWAYS tastes like the name on the bottle.
see now that was probably the best and perfect answer i could get

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is not to say that TFA is BAD, but for every 10 I bought, I only really liked 1 or 2. And MOST of the TFA flavors I still use are not for a particular flavor (like, it's not "this needs chocolate", its usually this needs "TFA Double Chocolate Clear"). They have their own flavors, and usually add something to a mix. That said, there are the few that DO taste like the name on the bottle - honey dew melon is one. Raspberry Sweet tastes like Raspberry Jello.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im just trying to figure out like thre flavors i can mix single or mix together i hear good things about billberry

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im thinking peach and a billyberry but need one more

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im just trying to figure out like thre flavors i can mix single or mix together i hear good things about billberry
Bilberry is good by itself. Forest Fruit is too. I hear white peach is a winner. Vanilla Classic is an excellent vanilla.

For TFA - banana nut bread. Horchata. Pomegranate. Honey dew...

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
decisions decisions

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
since you're looking for only 3-4...if you go with FlavourArt..
I'd say Forest Fruit over Bilberry, just because it's already a blend and will give some interest over a single berry flavor.
If only one vanilla, make it Vanilla Classic. You could skip all vanillas and get Vienna Cream instead (sweet vanilla cream).
If you don't get at least 1 of Fresh Cream, Catalan Cream, Vienna Classic, you'll kick yourself wishing you had something to put on the berries.
White Peach over Peach.

I still cannot fathom limiting myself to so few flavors, when so many are so tasty... but a berry, a sweet vanilla cream, and white peach would be an excellent start for someone getting only 3 (and they're all among FA's finest)

you'll be back for more.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
funds are limited so

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ive picke peach and passion fruit and forrest berry and good combos you think i could make out of those

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and why white peach over peach

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok final order ws passion fruit cream fresh forest fruit and whit peach 500ml vg 150 ml pg

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forest and White Peach are both great choices as single flavors.

The 3ml sample sized from PV are a pretty good deal, and they'll help you decide which ones you need to buy in larger sizes. I've bought a bunch of them so far, about half of which I've repurchased in bigger bottles.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are going with a peach, I like honey peach by Jungle flavors better than any of them, and I own just about every peach flavor from every vendor. It is one of the very few flavors that I like better than something made by flavourart. It has a nice, sweet and sour thing going on. Very realistic.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you are going with a peach, I like honey peach by Jungle flavors better than any of them, and I own just about every peach flavor from every vendor. It is one of the very few flavors that I like better than something made by flavourart. It has a nice, sweet and sour thing going on. Very realistic.
What % are you mixing it? I find white peach to be more realistic

Erck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tough question. I make a Framboise Beer that I absolutely love, but I also make Eucalyptus Holiday I love. Surfice to say, my favorite flavor at the moment is which ever one of these I have in my hot little hand, when asked.

Eric

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I can not pick a fav flavor.. but I made some liquid sunshine in a bottle this weekend..
based on a citrus punch type.. with spices..
I think I am in trouble, as I have already sold out 8 ounces, vaped another 20ml and looking at empty bottles!! :)

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow! You sold 8 oz? That stuff must be good! I have a neighbor, and myself, both hooked on a simple 10% tfa juicy fruit with a few drops of em per 10 mils, to taste. I do switch between 7-8 flavors throughout the day, but this one is always in my rotation.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im hoping my one mix turns out good im still unsure what percentages to use so i went kinda low since everyone says do low percent with fa

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh dang i thought you ment me haha

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if i had a mod i might be able to taste it better

just made a small 10 ml 70vg 30 pg mi with 3% white peach 2% passion fruit 1% cream fresh all from flavor art
Sounds good. I can't use that high vg. Would have to use 50/50

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i honestly cant say what i can and cant do yet since i dont have the apparel to really try it out like a rda or a high power mod havnt really tried high pg the one i did try had a high amount of nic and killed me lol either 18 or 24 mg nic im used to 6mg

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and i hope it taste like i think it might kind peaches and cream with the passion fruit and hopefully not a dissaster

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no i was letting it steep while i wait until my tank is empty

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thats why i wish i had a dripper and like a 30 watt mod or a mech mod
What are you using? I test mine in a cheap igo l. It was about 7 bucks. I generally, use a tank for every day use.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im using itastevv v3 and a protank 2

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ironprime, why do you keep insisting that you need something "high power" or "fancy"? Those may certainly be things you want...but your setup is just fine for tasting anything that you need to taste. I used protanks for over a year when I began diy'ing and it's all good. My best advice to you is quit worrying about what you don't have and learn to get the best out of what you do have. If you're interested in learning how to build coils...start learning how to rebuild the Protank coils. Cotton will give you a much improved taste in the Protank. And if you can successfully learn how to build one...RDA coils will be nothing to learn once your funds free up and you can get some new gear. Just my 2 cents... :)

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ironprime, why do you keep insisting that you need something "high power" or "fancy"? Those may certainly be things you want...but your setup is just fine for tasting anything that you need to taste. I used protanks for over a year when I began diy'ing and it's all good. My best advice to you is quit worrying about what you don't have and learn to get the best out of what you do have. If you're interested in learning how to build coils...start learning how to rebuild the Protank coils. Cotton will give you a much improved taste in the Protank. And if you can successfully learn how to build one...RDA coils will be nothing to learn once your funds free up and you can get some new gear. Just my 2 cents... :)
This.

Learning how to make what you have sing will benefit you greatly, if and when you get a different set up. I learned how to make my protanks do backflips before I got an RDA/RTA.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i already rebuild my coils in the protank and use cotton for wicking im just ready for more vapor production

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i am just not huge fan of it and i dont really want to drill out the air holes i have to hold the button down pretty much till it flashes to get it jut might be an air thing for me

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i build my coils anywhere from 1.3 ohms -1.8

VU Sponsors