Become a Patron!

WHAT HAPPENED WITH VAPORJOES AND GOOGLE (Rant!)

1ne2woBe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
((Apologies if this may not be the correct section (please move topic to correct forum if need be)... So many forums, sub-forums, etc., to make sure this is the correct one...))

This makes me so upset! This is a perfect example of either allowing ONLY data to perceive as to what is "allowed", or allowing data to "agree" with OUR agenda!

Google Inc., has made many lives much easier for sure! I too enjoy their services, and use their services many times each and every day. However, something as little (to me a huge deal), like this gets under my skin!

Exactly HOW does a site like (http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/), get to the point of being "reviewed and confirmed as in violation of our Terms of Service", and then, "Upon further review we have determined that your blog was mistakenly marked as a TOS violator by our automated system"?

So, Google Inc., has site reviewers, as well as sub-reviewers? WTF? Are you telling me that there are asses out there making over 40K/year to review sites that may perhaps not uphold their precious TOS, and yet there are still other's over THEM whom know BETTER that may say, "Naw, it's cool. They are OK."? Or is it that they rely upon a program/code to determine these decisions first, and that decision stays UNLESS someone takes the audacity to challenge it? I am almost positive it is the latter. And I also believe, for some reason, they have key words such as "vape", "vapor", "vaper", "mod", etc... that triggers such for the code to alarm a red flag since these types of people/companies frown upon our lifestyle (utilizing alternatives other than smoking cigarettes).

These are the same people who complain when they see vape clouds. These are the same people who complain that there are vape flavors out there that taste like cotton candy, and bubble gum. These are the same people that complain that their own children may be interested in vaping due to the look, feel, flavors... and yet they still will not take into consideration that perhaps they are not being proper parents, and teaching their own children what is right, and what is wrong!

OK, end of my rant. I have provided Google's Headquarters information if you wish to express how you too may feel about what they have just done to our community. I plan on sending them an email, as well as a phone call,... even though I doubt it would ever get past the first two secretaries (if they too are not code/programs).

Headquarters

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
USA
telephone: +1 650 253 0000
fax: +1 650 253 0001

((EDIT) Wanted to make sure I supplied a link to Google. What would Google be if they did not google themselves, right? LOL))

https://www.google.com/

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I've been developing websites for many years, and can tell you that this is par for the course with Google. While it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what set off the alarms, I'm positive that it was at least 2 factors: affiliate links and e-cig products.

This stuff happens all the time, so it's really nothing to be up in arms about. Blogger has an anti-tobacco content policy, so if they were looking to make some kind of statement by taking down the biggest e-cig site on the internet, then they wouldn't have reinstated it.

1ne2woBe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been developing websites for many years, and can tell you that this is par for the course with Google. While it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what set off the alarms, I'm positive that it was at least 2 factors: affiliate links and e-cig products.

This stuff happens all the time, so it's really nothing to be up in arms about. Blogger has an anti-tobacco content policy, so if they were looking to make some kind of statement by taking down the biggest e-cig site on the internet, then they wouldn't have reinstated it.
So, within your "understanding" Google partakes within the whole agenda of banning E-Cigs? Or is it Blogger? Via googling, it seems that the two are different companies, however they are a team. Who exactly is to blame for this mishap? No need for me to be upset over something I personally feel passionate about if all I'm going to be told is "You are complaining to the wrong company". LOL

I suppose I'd be lucky enough to receive any type of reply at all from either company really.

I understand what you are saying regarding "nothing to be up in arms about". However, from what I've noticed and learned within the past 6.5 years... The loudest mouth's of America are the one's whom are most noticed...

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
((Apologies if this may not be the correct section (please move topic to correct forum if need be)... So many forums, sub-forums, etc., to make sure this is the correct one...))

This makes me so upset! This is a perfect example of either allowing ONLY data to perceive as to what is "allowed", or allowing data to "agree" with OUR agenda!

Google Inc., has made many lives much easier for sure! I too enjoy their services, and use their services many times each and every day. However, something as little (to me a huge deal), like this gets under my skin!

Exactly HOW does a site like (http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/), get to the point of being "reviewed and confirmed as in violation of our Terms of Service", and then, "Upon further review we have determined that your blog was mistakenly marked as a TOS violator by our automated system"?

So, Google Inc., has site reviewers, as well as sub-reviewers? WTF? Are you telling me that there are asses out there making over 40K/year to review sites that may perhaps not uphold their precious TOS, and yet there are still other's over THEM whom know BETTER that may say, "Naw, it's cool. They are OK."? Or is it that they rely upon a program/code to determine these decisions first, and that decision stays UNLESS someone takes the audacity to challenge it? I am almost positive it is the latter. And I also believe, for some reason, they have key words such as "vape", "vapor", "vaper", "mod", etc... that triggers such for the code to alarm a red flag since these types of people/companies frown upon our lifestyle (utilizing alternatives other than smoking cigarettes).

These are the same people who complain when they see vape clouds. These are the same people who complain that there are vape flavors out there that taste like cotton candy, and bubble gum. These are the same people that complain that their own children may be interested in vaping due to the look, feel, flavors... and yet they still will not take into consideration that perhaps they are not being proper parents, and teaching their own children what is right, and what is wrong!

OK, end of my rant. I have provided Google's Headquarters information if you wish to express how you too may feel about what they have just done to our community. I plan on sending them an email, as well as a phone call,... even though I doubt it would ever get past the first two secretaries (if they too are not code/programs).

Headquarters

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
USA
telephone: +1 650 253 0000
fax: +1 650 253 0001

((EDIT) Wanted to make sure I supplied a link to Google. What would Google be if they did not google themselves, right? LOL))

https://www.google.com/
Someone reported it, it got taken down automatically, THEN they reviewed it when someone @ vaporjoes bitched... Then said 'oops' :)

Its all automatic.. Someone sends a complaint, it comes down.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
So, within your "understanding" Google partakes within the whole agenda of banning E-Cigs? Or is it Blogger? Via googling, it seems that the two are different companies, however they are a team.
Google owns Blogger.
Someone reported it, it got taken down automatically, THEN they reviewed it when someone @ vaporjoes bitched... Then said 'oops' :)

No. They don't take down a site just because someone complained.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its all the illuminati i tell you, the illuminati.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Google owns Blogger.

No. They don't take down a site just because someone complained.
Ya.. Pretty much. Its an automated system, as they said. Its not just 'anybody', of course, but, if you can show even a hint that you are correct, it comes down.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

+1 Yes, that's how it works.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
If it lets you sleep at night, great. But that's not how it works.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
moved tell us how you really feel :D

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Really depends. It could be several people complained about the content. Maybe those complainers are paying adwords for advertising. Could be one of the reviewing team has an axe to grind with vaping.

You'll never know unless you have an insider at Google.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, its NOT automatic then? :rolleyes:

"Upon further review we have determined that your blog was mistakenly marked as a TOS violator by our automated system"

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I've been AdSense Certified for 8 years, among other things. Yes, the process is automated, but one person or even 100 people reporting a website for content are not going to take it down. It's a Google Bot with an algorithm string doing the content searches. Based on the parameters of the program, it found X violations and took down the site.

And while you're at it, move this thread back. I don't think that people disagreeing is a reason to move it to U MAD BRO where yet another thread will become an insult and pissing match just so that the moderators can wag fingers at people. You guys are only encouraging fighting, which seems to be a growing trend.

There has been no name-calling or fighting here.

Last edited:

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
in terms of why it is in u mad bro is the OP a Rant is something someone is mad about. Rant or tirade a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation. which is what landed the thread here.

to address your concern of it encouraging fights let me state this U mad bro is not a free for all section and can and will be moderated at the discretion of staff. this thread was not a free for all when it got moved so it will be checked from time to time.

U MAD BRO??
Disputes?! Grievances?! Need to call someone out?! Someone hurt your feelings?!

Last edited:

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
drama popcorn.gif

A company conducted business they way they chose to....oooops, I mean the evil evil big brothers infringed on the rights of vapors to vape and they have kids that smoke horrid cigarettes....oh, the horror of it all........damn, this one is gonna be good

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
in terms of why it is in u mad bro is the OP a Rant is something someone is mad about. Rant or tirade a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation. which is what landed the thread here.

to address your concern of it encouraging fights let me state this U mad bro is not a free for all section and can and will be moderated at the discretion of staff. this thread was not a free for all when it got moved so it will be checked from time to time.

U MAD BRO??
Disputes?! Grievances?! Need to call someone out?! Someone hurt your feelings?!
That is what I understood U Mad Bro to be, where the OP rants about something he/she is mad about. I never thought of it as a free for all where people get to insult each other with impunity. This has gotten foggy recently when some threads that didn't start with an angry rant were moved to U Mad Bro because people began arguing with each other. Where should threads go where people argue and insult each other? Nowhere. Belittling and using homophobic / sexist and otherwise insulting language is against the rules here and shouldn't be allowed, not even in U Mad Bro.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
images

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Takes more than 1 complaint...

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't even aware there was a Google problem with Vapor Joes. What happened? Were Vapor Joe search results getting blocked?

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't even aware there was a Google problem with Vapor Joes. What happened? Were Vapor Joe search results getting blocked?
for a short period of time vaporjoes blogspot site was taken offline

That is what I understood U Mad Bro to be, where the OP rants about something he/she is mad about. I never thought of it as a free for all where people get to insult each other with impunity. This has gotten foggy recently when some threads that didn't start with an angry rant were moved to U Mad Bro because people began arguing with each other. Where should threads go where people argue and insult each other? Nowhere. Belittling and using homophobic / sexist and otherwise insulting language is against the rules here and shouldn't be allowed, not even in U Mad Bro.
hopefully admin is working on an area for the back and forth arguing that you referenced until then u mad bro is will they go.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
for a short period of time vaporjoes blogspot site was taken offline
Really? Wow.

I'm sure at this point the network can afford something better than blogspot anyway. Why even let Google have any say in the matter?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Google thinks it owns the internet. They own blogspot and youtube which means they control a giant portion of all the written and video content on the net.

They own the internet already. YT and Blogspot are just the tip of the iceberg. A vast majority of sites use one of more of their services through their APIs, and of course you can't visit a page without loading one of their trackers. That's all behind the scene for most people.

If you want to see how pervasive Google is, install Firefox with the following plugins: Noscript, Ghostery, RequestPolicy, Referrer Control, Adblock Edge and CsFire. These plugins have been created specifically to counter malware and online tracking, and any well-designed site should be perfectly browsable with them configured and enabled. Well, the reality is that half of the internet becomes difficult to access when you try to take control of your privacy online, and if you look at what's being blocked, a vast majority is related to Google in one way or another.

They don't like it when they can't track you, and they go out of their way to make it extra hard for you to browse anonymously. It's all transparent and smooth when you let them, but as soon as you resist, they break the internet and it's very, very visible.

And I'm not even talking about other evil companies that you never hear about, but that silently control access to huge swathes of the internet, such as CloudFlare: try to browse anonymously through TOR, and you'll suddenly notice how ubiquitous this company is, and how painful they can make your life online.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe that would be the case if it were "your" forum, but not the case here.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I completely agree, I was a c# engineer at a small anti spyware company and Google shut us down, along with hundreds of other sites like ours for the same reason. It totally killed us.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They own the internet already. YT and Blogspot are just the tip of the iceberg. A vast majority of sites use one of more of their services through their APIs, and of course you can't visit a page without loading one of their trackers. That's all behind the scene for most people.

If you want to see how pervasive Google is, install Firefox with the following plugins: Noscript, Ghostery, RequestPolicy, Referrer Control, Adblock Edge and CsFire. These plugins have been created specifically to counter malware and online tracking, and any well-designed site should be perfectly browsable with them configured and enabled. Well, the reality is that half of the internet becomes difficult to access when you try to take control of your privacy online, and if you look at what's being blocked, a vast majority is related to Google in one way or another.

They don't like it when they can't track you, and they go out of their way to make it extra hard for you to browse anonymously. It's all transparent and smooth when you let them, but as soon as you resist, they break the internet and it's very, very visible.

And I'm not even talking about other evil companies that you never hear about, but that silently control access to huge swathes of the internet, such as CloudFlare: try to browse anonymously through TOR, and you'll suddenly notice how ubiquitous this company is, and how painful they can make your life online.
I ran a diag tool that logged requests from domains, servers, and ip's. It was just insane how many domains and sites hammered the browser for personally identifiable information. I had a 2Gb log file after being online for 2 hours. These mega technological companies really make it difficult to use the internet if you don't play their control freak games.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe that would be the case if it were "your" forum, but not the case here.
My forum? I was just agreeing with lordmage who is also a moderator here. So maybe if the moderators stopped contradicting each other and came to a consensus the members here wouldn't be wandering around with our thumbs up our asses wondering what the heck is going on.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My forum? I was just agreeing with lordmage who is also a moderator here. So maybe if the moderators stopped contradicting each other and came to a consensus the members here wouldn't be wandering around with our thumbs up our asses wondering what the heck is going on.
I re-read LM's post and yours again, and concluded you were just being argumentative , relax and stop telling us how to do our jobs, Life is too short, pull out your weggie and smile :)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I re-read LM's post and yours again, and concluded you were just being argumentative , relax and stop telling us how to do our jobs, Life is too short, pull out your weggie and smile :)

Hey now, it's always someone else's fault, dang it! :p

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest you do the same, Whiskey. Nobody is telling you how to do your jobs. If there's some ECF type rule here in which we can't question the mods then maybe you should let us know about it. Lordmage said "U mad bro is not a free for all section and can and will be moderated" yet other mods here seem to think it is a free for all. That's two completely opposite things coming from two different mods. Which is it? It's a fair enough question.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest you do the same, Whiskey. Nobody is telling you how to do your jobs. If there's some ECF type rule here in which we can't question the mods then maybe you should let us know about it. Lordmage said "U mad bro is not a free for all section and can and will be moderated" yet other mods here seem to think it is a free for all. That's two completely opposite things coming from two different mods. Which is it? It's a fair enough question.
I have a question for you instead, why is it that you are always in said threads that get moved here??, Its a fair enough question no?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a question for you instead, why is it that you are always in said threads that get moved here??, Its a fair enough question no?
Wow are you grumpy today. You're the one starting this argument, not me. I was replying to lordmage, not you. For once I have to agree with v$p3r. You're starting up an argument with me and now you're wagging your finger at me because I'm arguing back. I'll just drop it then if it's going to be like that. Have a great dayl

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[...]These mega technological companies really make it difficult to use the internet if you don't play their control freak games.

Yep. I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to encrypt everything I can whenever possible, disable scripts, block IPs, disable cookies, spoof my browser information or my IP, and generally poison the information I feed them if I can't avoid giving it to them, while not breaking functionalities in the sites I visit to the point of being unusable. Most of the sites I visit are either half-broken or painfully annoying to visit. VU is especially nasty in that respect, chiefly due to CloudFlare.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
At least you were able to spell everything correctly, so there's an improvement.

VU Sponsors