Become a Patron!

what gauge ni200 wire should I get? new to tc

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just ordered my first tc device, sigelei 75w. I have a subtank mini (using rba section) and aeolus rda and was wondering what gauge ni200 wire to get.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the same question. I played around with different data on steam engine and I'm still not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had MUCH MUCH MUCH better resluts with TI wire...this stuff to be exact...never buy Kanthal or anything else again

DSC08421_zpsnz9pmsdw.jpg

Evic VT box. Kanger subtank clear tank with RBA+ .41 Ti coil making more flavor and clouds then I ever thought possible

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My mod doesn't do ti unfortunately, only ni. How do you like the evic vt?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 26 gauge nickel in my subtank rdas - about 6 wraps around a 3mm mandrel (spaced). Don't pulse!

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only pulse att super low wattage to make sure im not touching anywhere..and that its an even burn...just dont pulse for longer then .5 seconds at a time....

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found 26 can be tricky to get to work if you are building dual coils as the ohms get pretty low, even single can be tricky, for me anyway. 28 has been a wonderful medium for me but again like anything in vaping all personal preference. I would recommend trying 28 then go to 26, to start it will be a tid easier that way IMO.

your gonna love it:)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
28g tempered for dual coils your mod can go down to .065 26g for single coils

Ti wire is good for people who like a cool to almost warm vape since the wire isn't good passed 500. Ni200 is better for that warm vape most people like anyone who doubts me. I'm almost a professional at this temp thing. Ask around
Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

pakman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
thanks for all the suggestions. I ordered some 26 yesterday and just ordered some 28. I'll try both and see how things turn out. Pretty excited to try. How difficult is it to do dual coils? Has anyone tried twisted coils with ni and if so what are the benefits?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28g tempered for dual coils your mod can go down to .065 26g for single coils

Thx, but I think I'll stick to 24g Kanthel..
Dual coils at .3 ohms produces thick clouds at 65w on my IPV4/Dark Horse that is easy to build and vapes great.. I'll leave the nickel builds to you experts for now..just sayin

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thanks for all the suggestions. I ordered some 26 yesterday and just ordered some 28. I'll try both and see how things turn out. Pretty excited to try. How difficult is it to do dual coils? Has anyone tried twisted coils with ni and if so what are the benefits?
Not much of a differences between twisted and non

VU Sponsors