Become a Patron!

What do you guys think about the various Provari models?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Amen dude!!!
I started vaping a little over a year ago and got recruited into the little club, omg, after some of the things that transpired,even if I still vaped that way I doubt I could use one. I just don't see them the same. Sad really, that I associate an Inatimate object with things said by people I've never met in real life (I need a session with Dr Phil) but l do.Really I only still have them because of the zero resale value. I've since moved on to mods that make vapor and can fire an Atlantis.

To the op, they make a great device for durability sake unfortunately you have to vape a 1.3 ohm coil at 20w or less to use it. If you vape that way, great you'll enjoy it. If you don't, I would say there are some great mods available in that price bracket with more functionality

Right to the point. Like it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would imagine some are but many new vapers here also just purchase what is currently popular and that is higher watt devices with trendy fill and vape tanks. The overseas vaping market is different for sure but more and more of them are wanting to "chuck clouds" as well. No doubt the vaping community is caught up in trends but it is what it is.

Like I said above if someone is a content low watt vaper than a Provari is a solid device. My wife is a low watt vaper and could care less about expelling large amounts of cloudy exhaust. But if someone is just looking to upgrade a ego or mvp2.0 then the Provari is not what I recommend because they have not found their comfort zone yet.

I wish Provape made a 40w TC device like you mentioned I would own one and recommend those all day long to new vapers looking for an upgrade rather than a isticks that can prove to be unreliable after little time. I know it's blasphemy to a Provari lover but I consider the SX M to be the new Provari when it comes to build quality and fulfilling the needs of current vapers.

Indeed the SXMini m class is a solid mod. Time will tell if it stands up to regular use, I use mine daily with an Aspire w/temp control heads. It just performs.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay I'll throw in my 2 cents worth...

I have been a mech user for years..been vaping since 2008...

My first VV was a Provari 2.5 and when I bought it, it was the best VV device out there, nothing more, nothing less, built like a brick you know what!

Well it didn't take long and the advent of sub ohm vaping kind of killed the Provape trend, not to mention that the P3 is way over priced, and only as of yesterday with a firmware update will it be able to go to .5Ω!

I have never been one to buy anything because someone else has one, or such, I bought mine because at the time, it was the most dependable product out there....not so much anymore!

I have more mechs than any VV VW devices, and I only have Provari VV, and now a P3 I got a deal on from someone who bought a few at a vape meet and got a deal on them, and was only looking to get his money back...

They are VERY well built, no doubt, as I have dropped both the P2 (P2.5) and the P3 be it unintentionally, and nothing , nada, zlitch as far as denting or malfunctioning!

While the devices are now capable of .5Ω vaping there is still the price issue, while it's a great American made device, it doesn't have to be as damn expensive as it is!

I mean when you can buy a Chinese made box mod with the genuine DNA chip set...common...I mean a Hcigar HB 40 or the Big Screen VT 40 versions are both under $150.00!

I feel I can safely say yeah their great devices, well made, but for the money, the P3 is a looser! Unless you are happy vaping at .5Ω sub tanks with no temp control and no more than 30 watts, sheesh or is it 20....fact is I use my Reo, and other mechs more than I ever use a VV device.

Now then I do use it during the day sometimes as the battery life is much better from a regulated mod than a mech. but the price is what turns everybody away and justly so!

It's a sad fact that we as Americans cannot produce a superior product that is price competitive with what is offered from foreign companies, even in atomizers!

Lets face it folks, we are losing the race because of so many factors...but hey to each their own..I love my mechs, my Reo, my Provape products, but I never bought any of my Provari, except 1 new!

Just my 2 cents worth.....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay I'll throw in my 2 cents worth...

I have been a mech user for years..been vaping since 2008...

My first VV was a Provari 2.5 and when I bought it, it was the best VV device out there, nothing more, nothing less, built like a brick you know what!

Well it didn't take long and the advent of sub ohm vaping kind of killed the Provape trend, not to mention that the P3 is way over priced, and only as of yesterday with a firmware update will it be able to go to .5Ω!

I have never been one to buy anything because someone else has one, or such, I bought mine because at the time, it was the most dependable product out there....not so much anymore!

I have more mechs than any VV VW devices, and I only have Provari VV, and now a P3 I got a deal on from someone who bought a few at a vape meet and got a deal on them, and was only looking to get his money back...

They are VERY well built, no doubt, as I have dropped both the P2 (P2.5) and the P3 be it unintentionally, and nothing , nada, zlitch as far as denting or malfunctioning!

While the devices are now capable of .5Ω vaping there is still the price issue, while it's a great American made device, it doesn't have to be as damn expensive as it is!

I mean when you can buy a Chinese made box mod with the genuine DNA chip set...common...I mean a Hcigar HB 40 or the Big Screen VT 40 versions are both under $150.00!

I feel I can safely say yeah their great devices, well made, but for the money, the P3 is a looser! Unless you are happy vaping at .5Ω sub tanks with no temp control and no more than 30 watts, sheesh or is it 20....fact is I use my Reo, and other mechs more than I ever use a VV device.

Now then I do use it during the day sometimes as the battery life is much better from a regulated mod than a mech. but the price is what turns everybody away and justly so!

It's a sad fact that we as Americans cannot produce a superior product that is price competitive with what is offered from foreign companies, even in atomizers!

Lets face it folks, we are losing the race because of so many factors...but hey to each their own..I love my mechs, my Reo, my Provape products, but I never bought any of my Provari, except 1 new!

Just my 2 cents worth.....
so the update I was told about when it was released is FINALLY out.
wow-smh at fanbois

did the update change the ouput power?
it was released as a 20w mod.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not believe so, but I will look as I have the link here somewhere to Provape' firmware revisions on their site.

Hang tight...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
People who don't like ProVape products, who think they are overpriced, should stick to $150 disposable PRC mods. Problem solved...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WoW dude....
I would much rather a mod that can let me vape the way I want.
My two provaris have not been taken out of their coffin..oops box.. In 10 months.
Wait, that's why they last so long they never get used.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"We are pushing out a new update to the P3. We are doing free updates to those that want to arrange to send their devices in to the ProVape spa or if you have a local dealer that has a programmer they can also update devices.

Here is a list of what has been updated:

* Support for .5 ohm tanks - The P3 now supports tanks down to .5 ohms.

* Low Battery Alert - When the device gets down to 18% left in the battery, the light will slowly flash yellow to alert you that it's getting low. (Many users requested we bring this back from the 2.5)

* CheckAll (1 second) - The CheckAll feature now has the option to set it to 1 second. This allows for a quick look at your settings without leaving the display on for 5 or more seconds. (Another user suggested feature)

* Battery Filtering - We have added some additional battery filtering to help with some problems reported by users saying the battery was empty when there was still energy left. Having the new spring and making sure all your connections are clean and tight is the main fix for this, but extra filtering will also help.

* Money Saved Counter - This new feature allows you to set the price of a pack of cigarettes and the P3 will keep track of: How many cigarettes avoided, puff count, and how much money you have saved on cigarettes, based on the amount you set per pack.

* Various bug fixes"

Reprinted from another place in the Matrix...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WoW dude....
I would much rather a mod that can let me vape the way I want.
My two provaris have not been taken out of their coffin..oops box.. In 10 months.
Wait, that's why they last so long they never get used.

You should sell them and be happy, rather than cry about how a company doesn't make something for you...

This is like those kids on Apple forums who complain endlessly about how the iPhone doesn't do this or that or is too overpriced...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"We are pushing out a new update to the P3. We are doing free updates to those that want to arrange to send their devices in to the ProVape spa or if you have a local dealer that has a programmer they can also update devices.

Here is a list of what has been updated:

* Support for .5 ohm tanks - The P3 now supports tanks down to .5 ohms.

* Low Battery Alert - When the device gets down to 18% left in the battery, the light will slowly flash yellow to alert you that it's getting low. (Many users requested we bring this back from the 2.5)

* CheckAll (1 second) - The CheckAll feature now has the option to set it to 1 second. This allows for a quick look at your settings without leaving the display on for 5 or more seconds. (Another user suggested feature)

* Battery Filtering - We have added some additional battery filtering to help with some problems reported by users saying the battery was empty when there was still energy left. Having the new spring and making sure all your connections are clean and tight is the main fix for this, but extra filtering will also help.

* Money Saved Counter - This new feature allows you to set the price of a pack of cigarettes and the P3 will keep track of: How many cigarettes avoided, puff count, and how much money you have saved on cigarettes, based on the amount you set per pack.

* Various bug fixes"

Reprinted from another place in the Matrix...
Thanks dude!
Still only 20w ... Guess its great if you vape that way.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You should sell them and be happy, rather than cry about how a company doesn't make something for you...
What in the hell are you talking about?!?!?!
The question was what is our OPINION!!!
I'm not gonna lie to that question, my opinion is its an expensive piece of outdated gear. Bottom line!
When an ego has more power than a 270$ mod there are serious issues.
This update FINALLY lets it fire an Atlantis........ If you want to fire the most popular clearo on the market right now GROSSLY underpowered.

If all you use is a subtank with a 1.2 ohm coil and/or a kayfun than great get it you'll love it maxed out..., but if you want to use anything else ....look elsewhere..this won't work for you.

I would rather tell someone the truth than what they wanna hear. Especially BEFORE they waste there money.

If you like them that much I have two 2.5s collecting dust, wanna buy them?

Why so butthurt?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What in the hell are you talking about?!?!?!
The question was what is our OPINION!!!
I'm not gonna lie to that question, my opinion is its an expensive piece of outdated gear. Bottom line!
When an ego has more power than a 270$ mod there are serious issues.
This update FINALLY lets it fire an Atlantis........ If you want to fire the most popular clearo on the market right now GROSSLY underpowered.

If all you use is a subtank with a 1.2 ohm coil and/or a kayfun than great get it you'll love it maxed out..., but if you want to use anything else ....look elsewhere..this won't work for you.

I would rather tell someone the truth than what they wanna hear. Especially BEFORE they waste there money.

If you like them that much I have two 2.5s collecting dust, wanna buy them?

Why so butthurt?

The OP decided against a P3 on page one....
The obsession many have complaining about products is amusing, however...

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey dOOds....

FACT: Provape is playing catch up!
FACT: Provari 3 is overpriced in comparison to the features available from other American chips and Mods!

Lookie here, I own a P3 and if I couldn't have gotten it on a deal, I wouldn't own it!

I also own two HOH ZNA' and they piss all over a P3!

Be it that the DNA 30 chip set has limited functionality below .9Ω it still fires it!

I mean why do you think Provape has their stuff on sale all the time now; because it wasn't , isn't selling!

How in the hell are you going to compete against a Hcigar HB 40 or VT 40 with a American DNA40 chip set for under $150.00 and it craps all over a P3?

Just my humble opinion and my 2 cents worth....

jus' say'in!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ProVape isn't competing in the disposable mod market...

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay I'll toss this in:

If I'm gonna spend $259.95 (original price) for a mod, an American mod, I am gonna buy a Vapor Flask!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The OP decided against a P3 on page one....
The obsession many have complaining about products is amusing, however...

Oh you finally read the page1. Congratulations
The most amusing thing to me is how whenever someone states anything negative about that mod a fan boy is always ready to pounce and declare their undying love.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

They're not competing in the American durable, built with pride, like a brick sh_t house market either!

While they are VERY well made, they lack the features of its American competitor, Evolv!

yeah..yeah I know they only make the chip set, but hey the box or tube is the easy part...

Jus' sayin...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll take any of the dnamods or sx350s over a prorape any day and twice on Sunday...
They let me fire any clearo I want. Without approval from the gods

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh you finally read the page1. Congratulations
The most amusing thing to me is how whenever someone states anything negative about that mod a fan boy is always ready to pounce and declare their undying love.

What does that make the kids who cry and cry about things they don't like?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Provape isn't competing...
They need a totally new product that offers people the ability to vape they way they want to vape... Not the way prorape says they have to...
I did notice they introduced the most advanced puff counter available! Woohoo!!! That's awesome.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They're not competing in the American durable, built with pride, like a brick sh_t house market either!

While they are VERY well made, they lack the features of its American competitor, Evolv!

yeah..yeah I know they only make the chip set, but hey the box or tube is the easy part...

Jus' sayin...

Not everyone wants a jumbled screen in a box...
The only competition would be if DNA fixed their QC issues and made their own tube mod...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What does that make the kids who cry and cry about things they don't like?
Really??? That's why people come into any thread with the name provape like Frodo Baggins just to defend the honor of their preciouses.
can't handle the fact that the mod just can't do certain things by design. So yall bash everything else that can.
just don't see the point in that.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not everyone wants a jumbled screen in a box...
The only competition would be if DNA fixed their QC issues and made their own tube mod...
Ohhhh yeah like yihi did with the SX mini...

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm gonna start a big poop storm here but hey I'm good at that!

Provape only came out with the P3 VV VW to try, TRY and be competitive with the Chinese disposables, and Evolv, since the advent of the DNA30 and 40 chip sets Provape has been playing catch up, and they're loosing the fight!

I mean there really is no such thing as variable wattage!
(In the current fixed coil mods we use).

The Chinese started that crap, and that's all it is...

The reason they don't jack the wattage to 30, or the resistance threshold to .3Ω is that the P3 can be used with batteries not suited for sub ohm, high amp drain vaping, and if some schmuck were to sub ohm vape with a 18390 configured P3, can we say LAW SUIT!...of course this after it goes nuclear....but none the less unless they have signed liability releases from owners there is no way they will make the current P3 able to go any lower than .5Ω or over 20 watts....

A mech company Puresmoker was sued out of business due to some schmucks using the wrong batteries and having exploding mods.

Even with all the disclaimers in the world all over everything Provape does, as long as it has the multi battery configuration I highly doubt we will see much more than what the last revision V38 firmware has...

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really??? That's why people come into any thread with the name provape like Frodo Baggins just to defend the honor of their preciouses.
can't handle the fact that the mod just can't do certain things by design. So yall bash everything else that can.
just don't see the point in that.

A mod to me is a tool. I don't complain about the crap Harbour Freight passes off as tools; I don't buy them. Funny the obsession some have with hating products... The difference is I don't go on threads about your disposable mods complaining how if they only made one which was reliable, well made and repairable.,,

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A mod to me is a tool. I don't complain about the crap Harbour Freight passes off as tools; I don't buy them. Funny the obsession some have with hating products...
No one is hating its stating facts dude. Let it go.
Facts are what they are and you don't like them so you come in bashing everything else rather than just accepting them.

Its really sad.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm gonna start a big poop storm here but hey I'm good at that!

Provape only came out with the P3 VV VW to try, TRY and be competitive with the Chinese disposables, and Evolv, since the advent of the DNA30 and 40 chip sets Provape has been playing catch up, and they're loosing the fight!

The reason they don't jack the wattage to 30, or the resistance threshold to .3Ω is that the P3 can be used with batteries not suited for sub ohm vaping, and if some schmuck were to sub ohm vape with a 18390 configured P3, can we say LAW SUIT!...of course this after it goes nuclear....but none the less unless they have signed liability releases from owners there is no way they will make the current P3 able to go any lower than .5Ω or over 20 watts....

A mech company Puresmoker was sued out of business due to some schmucks using the wrong batteries and having exploding mods.

Even with all the disclaimers in the world all over everything Provape does, as long as it has the multi battery configuration I highly doubt we will see much more than what the last revision V38 firmware has...
I remember asking about why they couldn't use the battery monitoring as way to configure what power output to make available and dude what shit storm that stirred up.
But if they would release a version that only accepted 18650s they would only need to change a few lines of code.
Then of course you're stuck with a light saber. Alot of people are loving the small box and cframes in lieu of the feminine massager but that's a personal preference thing.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No one is hating its stating facts dude. Let it go.
Facts are what they are and you don't like them so you come in bashing everything else rather than just accepting them.

Its really sad.

Just because something is too expensive or doesn't have enough power for you doesn't mean it is a bad product. The obsession and hatred for certain companies is a bit childish, but so is vaping to blow clouds...

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just because something is too expensive or doesn't have enough power for you doesn't mean it is a bad product. The obsession and hatred for certain companies is a bit childish, but so is vaping to blow clouds...

I don't consider myself a cloud chaser by any means, but as a cigar smoker I got a hell of a lot of smoke that vaping only in the recent years took the place of!

If it weren't for sub ohm tanks and RTA', I would probably still be bouncing back and forth!

It takes certain amounts of vapor to satisfy what sensations smoking provided, and it's different for everyone!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself.
I've said several times that they are built great... So has everyone else.
The build quality is second to none ...except the windows break and customer service sucks.
The facts are what they are. They are 2 years old technology. It just is what it is.
No one is hating. We are stating the facts here. And you don't like them so you wanna come in here and bash everything else. Calling a zna or an sxmini disposable and any number of other well made mods that don't have prorapes name on it.
You wanna turn a discussion of facts into dick slinging contest and prorape is losing wholeheartedly.
I'm not a cloud chucker, but what I do like is the freedom to vape the way I want. I'm sorry you disapprove.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The build quality is second to none ...except the windows break and customer service sucks.
The facts are what they are. They are 2 years old technology. It just is what it is.
No one is hating. We are stating the facts here. And you don't like them so you wanna come in here and bash everything else. Calling a zna or an sxmini disposable and any number of other well made mods that don't have prorapes name on it.
You wanna turn a discussion of facts into dick slinging contest and prorape is losing wholeheartedly.
I'm not a cloud chucker, but what I do like is the freedom to vape the way I want. I'm sorry you disapprove.

Agreed, ditto, well said!

Should I say more! Nah...no need!

Like I said, you said well built quality product, just a tad bit overpriced, and old technology...don't like it, you shouldn't have bought it!

Like I told everyone in an other forum, it's like when the auto companies come out with a NEW MODEL, for krists sake, wait, let them refine it, get the bugs out...yada..yada...yada..

AND I OWN ONE!
(but I got a deal)! LOL!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay so when does the NEW MEMBER shisnet go away....LOL

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed, ditto, well said!

Should I say more! Nah...no need!

Like I said, you said well built quality product, just a tad bit overpriced, and old technology...don't like it, you shouldn't have bought it!

Like I told everyone in an other forum, it's like when the auto companies come out with a NEW MODEL, for krists sake, wait, let them refine it, get the bugs out...yada..yada...yada..

AND I OWN ONE!
(but I got a deal)! LOL!
Lol... I don't know how good a deal you got; but, I had someone offer to trade me his for one of my vaporsharks. I considered it; but after going over my stock of attys their is only one that could get a decent vape out of it, so I opted to pass. If I had more inventory that could use it, maybe I would have made a different decision.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol... I don't know how good a deal you got; but, I had someone offer to trade me his for one of my vaporsharks. I considered it; but after going over my stock of attys their is only one that could get a decent vape out of it, so I opted to pass. If I had more inventory that could use it, maybe I would have made a different decision.

Well lets just say I got a a deal I couldn't pass up!

dOOd was hurting, bought like three of them at a vape meet from Provape, Celtic Knot with the tear drop extensions, Provarnati end caps (two) and the factory cap, and the factory extensions....lets just say "such a deal"...whoo haa!...LOL

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
See I was a Premium cigar smoker, $250.00 a week + habit, no shit, so when I started vaping, of course we didn't have all the choices we do now, but as things progressed and all these wonderful gadgets came about, well needless to say I have quite the collection....

I have been patient though because I like so many have suffered buyers remorse with other purchases in my life, and unfortunately the vape market is not the one that has the 30 or 60 or 90 day exchange policies as most things do these days!

I mean I just went through it with a home electric meat slicer...the first one, a very well known name brand, was a piece of crap in comparison to a different brand only $40.00 more! Both well known, but hey I had the ability to do the exchange dance, be it a PITA...

Ya' can't do that with vape gear, and only the better stuff even has a warranty of any sort....I mean I bought a Chalice III, had an issue, do you think the retailer would exchange it, hell no, they sent me to Mark Bugs to do it, so I had to send it to Romania!

I guess it's human nature to defend one' ignorance once a bad decision has been made.....jus' say'in.....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well lets just say I got a a deal I couldn't pass up!

dOOd was hurting, bought like three of them at a vape meet from Provape, Celtic Knot with the tear drop extensions, Provarnati end caps (two) and the factory cap, and the factory extensions....lets just say "such a deal"...whoo haa!...LOL

Lol, can't pass up a deal. Lol don't blame you there.
One thing that kind of shocks me is with all the 'battery sensing' bla bla bla is why or how they never set up yo automatically adjust output capability.
I have the sxmini, and if I stack 2 18650s I can go from 60w-120w. Not a fan of its look in that mode; but, I rarely go above 60w so having one mod that can have the single battery form factor but convert is really handy for me.
Still never understood why prorape couldn't pull something similar.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
See I was a Premium cigar smoker, $250.00 a week + habit, no shit, so when I started vaping, of course we didn't have all the choices we do now, but as things progressed and all these wonderful gadgets came about, well needless to say I have quite the collection....

I have been patient though because I like so many have suffered buyers remorse with other purchases in my life, and unfortunately the vape market is not the one that has the 30 or 60 or 90 day exchange policies as most things do these days!

I mean I just went through it with a home electric meat slicer...the first one, a very well known name brand, was a piece of crap in comparison to a different brand only $40.00 more! Both well known, but hey I had the ability to do the exchange dance, be it a PITA...

Ya' can't do that with vape gear, and only the better stuff even has a warranty of any sort....I mean I bought a Chalice III, had an issue, do you think the retailer would exchange it, hell no, they sent me to Mark Bugs to do it, so I had to send it to Romania!

I guess it's human nature to defend one' ignorance once a bad decision has been made.....jus' say'in.....
I was 2packs a day and a few cigars a week.... (la perla habana or hoyo de Monterey)
I got into vaping to quit the 15$ a day cig habit. But a kayfun on a prorape still had me sneaking some tobacco product once in a while. My first outdated vaporshark dna30 had me pit them all away, then got a Mech from a good friend and since then been on outdated mechanicles or 30w and up. Now im running either a Mech or all ni200. And i don't see provape getting into the temp limiting game for another ten years. Especially not with their refusal to embrace new technology.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Just because you think your opinion is fact doesn't make it so... ProVape doesn't need to appeal to everyone. There is a world outside the forums...

When a mod can not be easily sent in for repairs after the warranty runs out, it is a disposable device...

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was 2packs a day and a few cigars a week.... (la perla habana or hoyo de Monterey)
I got into vaping to quit the 15$ a day cig habit. But a kayfun on a prorape still had me sneaking some tobacco product once in a while. My first outdated vaporshark dna30 had me pit them all away, then got a Mech from a good friend and since then been on outdated mechanicles or 30w and up. Now im running either a Mech or all ni200. And i don't see provape getting into the temp limiting game for another ten years. Especially not with their refusal to embrace new technology.

My son owns a online vaping supply company and he leans a lot on me for wisdom in regards to marketing...

It's funny that you mention the temp sensing technology...

I have a Hcigar HB40 and I pretty much only use the ni200 temp mode with BVC' from Kanger (the new ni200 ones)...

This is where it is all heading as with the pending FDA shit coming one of the major issues has been overheating juice and those health risks associated with it.

See of all the wires currently used Nickle has the least impurities, and if used as a resistance wire in a temp limiting device, tada, no overheating...it's HEALTHIER...(gawd I hate that marketing crap) but hey it's a fact of life!

While we all know that in the end the hardware will for the most part be left alone, as the "open tank" systems, but don't be surprised if some ass hat political bozos get on the temp sensing band wagon!

I mean it's not rocket science we all know what's behind regulating any vaping....the big boys aren't selling tobacco as much and the drug companies revenue is down because people aren't getting as sick as they did, and of course Uncle Schmuck wants a penny for the nic, and they will get that!

My beef with the whole political regulatory BS is that instead of worrying about vaping, legalize the weed nationally, tax it, and be done with that!

It would solve more problems with our screwed up system than what some say it would cause, and the longer the feds drag their feet the harder it's going to be for them to do anything tax wise once the states legalize and tax it! The feds can't just up and say "oh we want part of that:, not without a fight from the states! Same thing is happening over obummer care...it's going to get so overhauled in the coming years it's not funny! The public has NO idea what it is costing the states and citizens, and what it will cost over the next 30 years, just like the tobacco bonds....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My son owns a online vaping supply company and he leans a lot on me for wisdom in regards to marketing...

It's funny that you mention the temp sensing technology...

I have a Hcigar HB40 and I pretty much only use the ni200 temp mode with BVC' from Kanger (the new ni200 ones)...

This is where it is all heading as with the pending FDA shit coming one of the major issues has been overheating juice and those health risks associated with it.

See of all the wires currently used Nickle has the least impurities, and if used as a resistance wire in a temp limiting device, tada, no overheating...it's HEALTHIER...(gawd I hate that marketing crap) but hey it's a fact of life!

While we all know that in the end the hardware will for the most part be left alone, as the "open tank" systems, but don't be surprised if some ass hat political bozos get on the temp sensing band wagon!

I mean it's not rocket science we all know what's behind regulating any vaping....the big boys aren't selling tobacco as much and the drug companies revenue is down because people aren't getting as sick as they did, and of course Uncle Schmuck wants a penny for the nic, and they will get that!

My beef with the whole political regulatory BS is that instead of worrying about vaping, legalize the weed nationally, tax it, and be done with that!

It would solve more problems with our screwed up system than what some say it would cause, and the longer the feds drag their feet the harder it's going to be for them to do anything tax wise once the states legalize and tax it! The feds can't just up and say "oh we want part of that:, not without a fight from the states! Same thing is happening over obummer care...it's going to get so overhauled in the coming years it's not funny! The public has NO idea what it is costing the states and citizens, and what it will cost over the next 30 years, just like the tobacco bonds....
Yeah well, the HC bullshit is a nightmare, should have left well enough alone. Alot of us with issues got fucked anally without a beer .
I think the ban and regulation on vaping is coming, no way around that, but its not going to be half as bad as people think. Not at first anyway, they'll have to introduce it slowly.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just because you think your opinion is fact doesn't make it so... ProVape doesn't need to appeal to everyone. There is a world outside the forums...

When a mod can not be easily sent in for repairs after the warranty runs out, it is a disposable device...

I agree and disagree here's why:

The issues with many devices is that the reseller does not buy from the facing distributor or manufacturer with any warranty or servicing agreements!

I personally know the owner of a very successful B&M (actually 2) and everything he sells, be it American, or Chinese, or European, he warranties within whatever the manufacturer warranty is, and he does all the leg work; in other words if its a repair issue he sends it in, if it's dead, he replaces it, he also provides a loaner mod if you need it!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

You're still on this?
Fact: It only goes to 20w that is not my opinion, where did I say opinion anywhere. In clearer language it does not fit my gaping needs or the needs of most who use subohm clearos.
And im well aware there is a world outside of the forums. Im a human last I checked. Sending the mod in for a cracked screen took 3 weeks after a week of answering questions over email because they any afford a phone. My sxm can be fixed or replaced by varitube should it ever need to be. And that could be done in a matter of 4 days

How is that disposable?
Why does it bother you so much that i don't like provape anymore?
Why are you taking this so personal?

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree and disagree here's why:

The issues with many devices is that the reseller does not buy from the facing distributor or manufacturer with any warranty or servicing agreements!

I personally know the owner of a very successful B&M (actually 2) and everything he sells, be it American, or Chinese, or European, he warranties within whatever the manufacturer warranty is, and he does all the leg work; in other words if its a repair issue he sends it in, if it's dead, he replaces it, he also provides a loaner mod if you need it!
^^^^ and what he said!
And stop taking this like its a personal attack, dude. Geeze

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah well, the HC bullshit is a nightmare, should have left well enough alone. Alot of us with issues got fucked anally without a beer .
I think the ban and regulation on vaping is coming, no way around that, but its not going to be half as bad as people think. Not at first anyway, they'll have to introduce it slowly.

No, I agree their first ones were and I totally stayed away, and many did indeed waste money on them...the bad part was who most got them from, as I just mentioned above.

The average retailer / seller of the Chinese stuff will not offer any warranty, and it's a crap shoot, buyer beware!

I was lucky the guy I got mine from buys from Hcigar directly and he would not buy any of the first ones because they were junk, they only part that was worth a damn was the actual chip set. He replaced like all of the first I think like 50 he sold, and sent them all back to China!

The v2 is made a lot better, the wiring is the proper gauges and the soldering is what it is supposed to be...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, I agree their first ones were and I totally stayed away, and many did indeed waste money on them...the bad part was who most got them from, as I just mentioned above.

The average retailer / seller of the Chinese stuff will not offer any warranty, and it's a crap shoot, buyer beware!

I was lucky the guy I got mine from buys from Hcigar directly and he would not buy any of the first ones because they were junk, they only part that was worth a damn was the actual chip set. He replaced like all of the first I think like 50 he sold, and sent them all back to China!

The v2 is made a lot better, the wiring is the proper gauges and the soldering is what it is supposed to be...
Hahahah!! I meant healthcare bullshit. Lmao! That whole thing hurt me badly.

I got nothing again hcigar. I like seeing companies like them and infinite making authentic gear
they do really high quality clones. But im happy to see the affordable authentic come out. The clt series are really great rdas.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wait till everyone finds out their beloved american mod companies we having parts made in china and assembling them here. Mark my words, its coming. Its funny how some people are so gungho about buying american mods, yet 90% of the things they use and wear are made in china or india.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

On that note though, I saw they had a new dna40 mod in the works. Looks to be a little more solid.
I have several dna40 devices and two sxminis, the sx350j chip makes evolv take a nose dive. It hurts to say that a little too. But im ok with facing facts. Lol
I just got 2 vsdna40s back from OCD yesterday and while I absolutely love the form factor. I can't see using them for much more than a great grab and go device or something to use if im going to be in a place where it's going to get knocked around (because of the coating) but they sx350j with tl. Os a dream chip. 7 wraps of 26g and you're set its temp limiting done right!

VU Sponsors