Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally got around to putting a bottle of juice in my Basium I aired out. So far so good, no plastic taste.

I rebuilt a Nord Coil for the first time. That was pretty easy so I re-eicked a Novo pod. Both were getting pretty toasty inside.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally got around to putting a bottle of juice in my Basium I aired out. So far so good, no plastic taste.

I rebuilt a Nord Coil for the first time. That was pretty easy so I re-eicked a Novo pod. Both were getting pretty toasty inside.

Did both of your Basium bottles need a more thorough cleaning out of the box than what you’d expect too?

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did both of your Basium bottles need a more thorough cleaning out of the box than what you’d expect too?

Yeah, I cleaned them several times in different ways. But it stemmed from a stong plasticity stench coming from inside the actual unit. I was going nuts cleaning bottles and noticed the bad flavor taste in the form of an odor when changing batteries. I sniffed inside and smelled the shit I'd been tasting coming from in there. It makes no sense I know. But for whatever reason, it was making its way into my flavor. I tore it down and aired it out for about a month. I could still smell it a little bit but not nearly as strong as when I took it apart.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I cleaned them several times in different ways. But it stemmed from a stong plasticity stench coming from inside the actual unit. I was going nuts cleaning bottles and noticed the bad flavor taste in the form of an odor when changing batteries. I sniffed inside and smelled the shit I'd been tasting coming from in there. It makes no sense I know. But for whatever reason, it was making its way into my flavor. I tore it down and aired it out for about a month. I could still smell it a little bit but not nearly as strong as when I took it apart.

My original Basium bottles smelled like shoe leather and took several scrubs to remove.The new Basium bottles tasted like old bottled water lol

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My original Basium bottles smelled like shoe leather and took several scrubs to remove.The new Basium bottles tasted like old bottled water lol

Lol! That's crazy. Do you have a preferred method to clean them out? Ive tried booze, isopropyl, and vinegar solution. I read that baking soda with water is good and another method using a cleaner designed for baby bottles.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered 8 batteries for my mods, since Amazon pulled them from their site. Since I ordered them through a trusted 3rd party, my order was shipped right away instead of being cancelled. Jesus knows I don't want to buy el cheapo batteries at a B&M! I like the Samsung 30Q, and don't know when I'll see any again.

liionwholesale.com or illumn.com -- they have all the good, LEGIT batteries, and damned good prices too.

Andria

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol! That's crazy. Do you have a preferred method to clean them out? Ive tried booze, isopropyl, and vinegar solution. I read that baking soda with water is good and another method using a cleaner designed for baby bottles.

I use Dawn and a little bottle brush, I’ve tried other stuff too but soap and a scrub(s) has worked best for me.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna finish this framed staple when the boys goto bed. Hard to do anything with 9yr old twins around
02e190f2d6c8ada62f86dd3c20799fb8.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Giving my new Aladdin RDA a tear-down and a bath. Really impressed with the quality of this for the price.

Reminds me of GV atties in attention to detail. Little things like the grub screws are perfect. The only flaw I saw was the two tiny AF holes in the top cap could use a bit of reaming out, but I doubt I'll use them anyways.

joffR1J.jpg

Nearly threw this nifty decal out, it was stuck in the envelope. Not bad...on the 'ol vape-tacklebox it goes. :)
(the QR code just goes to the website)

ZTIwbhU.jpg

BTW, the included coil is a nice 0.25ohm Ni80 dual-core fused clapton. One of my favorite coils, so I'll probably use it. :D

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All clean now. There was a fair amount of oil, but that also means good CNC machining, just with poor cleaning after. I still had to turn the camera down a stop as it's blinding-shiny 304SS. I likey. :cool:

IMG_0341.jpg

Note: That gold positive post doesn't come off. It is meant to stay there as it has the holes aligned for squonking. The 510 "pins" that look like popgun caps simply thread onto that post.

Last edited:

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Finished off the last of my Pachamama Fuji apple strawberry nectarine juice. Rewicked a Dead Rabbit rta for a fresh blast of Dinner Lady LT. Cleaned a bunch of empty bottles for future diy use and vaped like a champ...and on a regulated mod with a tank lol.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuilt a couple of rdas to vape some new juice I got today

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
finally paid Chef for the broke down(I HOPE NOT) DotMod.

made a lil DIY. I finally found one I really like. raspberry vanilla custard.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my Reverie from China today and set it up. It vapes and squonks really nice. I like it for sure. I wish everyone would stop putting those dinky little drip tips on RDAs though. It feels like kissing a smooth plastic lifesaver. I understand it's a looks thing a lot of the time but who the hell likes to vape like that!? I took one from a Wismec Column tank and it's much better.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
finally paid Chef for the broke down(I HOPE NOT) DotMod.

made a lil DIY. I finally found one I really like. raspberry vanilla custard.
If you can fix it I'll pay 20....
Double your money....

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
That's a sweet set up man! I love the vape off the kali, but for a 25mm rda, I wish the post holes were a little further apart.
I agree, I love the RDA but that is a con. Other than that it's a great RDA.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, I love the RDA but that is a con. Other than that it's a great RDA.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Mine has 2 grub screw holes that look like they were bored with a dull bit. Doesn't effect anything but for $60, cmon lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ever french-inhale a vape? ;)

I still exhale sometimes through the nose as I did when smoking, IDK why, just do. Do not do that with Koolada mixes.:D

I do it a LOT more with vaping than I ever did with smoking -- the nose-exhale, I mean. I had to do that when I first eliminated smoking, to get past the "morning smoke" -- it was HOW I managed to finally eliminate that morning smoke, when that was the only one I was still smoking, all day. Now it's just a habit, and it gives me best flavor, so I keep it up. But it's why I had to finally stop using Flash, for great TH; it started making me feel like I was about to sneeze, with every puff.

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When I was still MTL vaping, I'd always inhale once, then start exhaling vapor through my nose as I drew on the atty a second time. Otherwise, even back then, MTL just felt too wimpy. :)

Seems like I smoked that way, too, although now it's been so long, I really don't recall for sure.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cleaned and re-wicked the RBA in my Elabo Mini tank, filled it and put on the CoV Tempest. Great, eh?

Nope.

I thought it was a 0.48 SS build in there, it'd been on the Heatvape Invader Mini using TC so eh?

First firing from the Tempest in SS TC at 30W annnnd...burnt. :sad:
IDK what metal it is, but it ain't going back on the Tempest. Fuck it, I'll rebuild it later.

Instead, I cleaned and re-wicked my 'ol beastie: the Avocado 24 on the Dos Equis mech.
That thing is about stupid proof, even for me. :)

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Found a 10% off coupon for VapeDeal and ordered a bottle of Country Clouds Blueberry CP, some more Falcon M1 coils, and a couple tubes of Wotofo fused Clapton coils...and it’s already in the hands of the USPS.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was still MTL vaping, I'd always inhale once, then start exhaling vapor through my nose as I drew on the atty a second time. Otherwise, even back then, MTL just felt too wimpy. :)

Seems like I smoked that way, too, although now it's been so long, I really don't recall for sure.

The main thing I recall about smoking was taking REALLY LOOOOOOONG drags; I smoked the 120s for a long time, and sometimes it seemed I'd smoke about a quarter of the thing in one puff. :giggle: Given that, and how tight those Slims were, is undoubtedly why I'm so attached to gnat's-ass tightness in vaping -- I smoked the Slims for the last 30 yrs of smoking, and the 120s for the last 20 or so.

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same, I just look away and give em the side eye. Have not fell in the mech rabbit hole yet, but I feel the pull everyday.
See you need a revvo feedlink. Not full mech but a decent mod to get your feet wet:devil:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Same, I just look away and give em the side eye. Have not fell in the mech rabbit hole yet, but I feel the pull everyday.

I don't have any dual battery mechs any more, never have had a dual battery mech squonker. Bet it's damn nice tho.

VU Sponsors