Become a Patron!

What color is your DIY juice?

unregulatedvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whats up VU, just wondering what color your guys' juice is and if you do anything to it to get that color. I made a clone of a skittles blend that i like, theirs is darker, mine is clear. I made caramel apple, thats clear...only thing ive made thats dark is my coffee blend "cuppajoe". Thanks for any input

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Depends. I have some that are still clear/very light yellow months later (mainly fruits) and some that are almost black months later (with vanilla flavoring). I don't do anything, it just sits and changes after time.

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most, but not all darken over time. When you buy pre-made, you have no idea how long it's been sitting on a shelf.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sitting next to me, I have clear, pale yellow, pink, amber color and dark amber. Only things in them are PG, VG, nic and flavorings.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine varies, but as a whole tends to be a lot lighter than store-bought juice.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple that stay clear as water after a month some that turn various light colors and some turn various darkish colors.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My custard mixes start off somewhat clear and turn a darker brown after a week. Banana Foster with PG/VG/Nic turns a dark yellow after a few weeks but starts off light yellow.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My Cream is golden, my Candy is clear, my Lollypop Dreams is blue, my Love Juice is red..
for the most part, the rest of my juices range from clear to a golden color..
it depends on the recipe and what all is added.. i try to stay away from food colorings too..

unregulatedvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you guys also have a problen with cloudy juice...not air bubbles, but like a milky colored juice. Is there any help against it?

FinerVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends on the steeping time and the amount of nicotine you add.

As for my juices-

Red Dream - Pink at 0mg, Red at 3-6mg and Orange at 12mg+
Batch #3 - Yellow at 0mg, Maple/brown the more nic you add
Half Angel - Clear at 0mg, yellowish with nicotine.

Last edited:

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
My Orange Creamsicle is orange :)

Tobaccos are a golden hue

Fruits start clear and head towards a golden colour

The more oxygen and nicotine seems to make it darker (and length of steeping)

@unregulatedvaper I've had cloudy juice once from a reaction to Stevia extract. Cloudy almost always means there are suspended particles of a solid floating around . (which isn't soluble) Only other thing could be ... some microbes moved into your juice :p Although PG is known to kill most of that pretty quickly

Since this stuff it too thick, one could do some vacuum filtration lol. Might try that with my lab one day ...

GmaVapor

Member For 4 Years
I had one that was cloudy from a butter rum. It kinda grossed me out so I threw it out. I bought a different brand and the cloudy juice was no more. I tried everything to fix the first batch but nothing seemed to help. It's probably safe to vape but I wasn't taking any chances.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you guys also have a problen with cloudy juice...not air bubbles, but like a milky colored juice. Is there any help against it?
That doesn't sound good. The only time that happened was when one of the flavorings I used was an oil base and not PG, VG or alcohol based. And mixing in glass is always best, but not always necessary.

VU Sponsors