Become a Patron!

What coils do you use while vaping, dual or single?

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I am not sure how to choose the colis/atomizers for the machine as below which was sent by a friend as a gift, with a size of 24mm diameter, 3000mAh and 80W.
upload_2017-12-20_9-4-45.png

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's an unregulated mod limited to max of 80watts.
Ohm of coil and battery voltage will determine wattage. ...

I prefer single coils at 25 watts or less. On that I would build at 1ohm down to around .6 ohm. For daily vape.... but actually build will be determined more by the atty than the mod I am using...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That's an unregulated mod limited to max of 80watts.
Ohm of coil and battery voltage will determine wattage. ...

I prefer single coils at 25 watts or less. On that I would build at 1ohm down to around .6 ohm. For daily vape.... but actually build will be determined more by the atty than the mod I am using...

What does it mean "atty"? Sorry I am a new comer.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What does it mean "atty"? Sorry I am a new comer.
Atomizer = atty...... Ie the tank or dripper . There are two main component to vaping the battery sometimes called a Mod and an Atomizer that vaporized juice.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to add, besides the personal preference of vaping, the eJuice also plays a part on making the right choice. I've had a liquid that didn't like a lot of heat (power, wattage), otherwise I would get a burned flavor, where as another needed lots of heat, in order to actually get the full satisfying flavor.
Due to experience, I use either single, or dual coil(s). However, when utilizing a single coil, it's a simple single wire, a twisted wire, or up to a dual inner core Clapton coil.
In general, building the proper coil(s) does require try and error. Eventually, you'll know what coil(s) you need to build. Of course, it also depends on the atty, you're utilizing. Some attys give you the option of building either a single coil, or a dual coil. Others give you just one option.

VU Sponsors