Become a Patron!

"What can I make with..." database or calculator

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a shot in the dark: Has anyone run across a database or calculator that allows a user to input the flavorings they have on hand and generate a recipe? For instance, let's say I have the flavorings listed below and want to generate a random recipe utilizing any combination of those from recipes that have already been loaded into a database. Is there such a holy grail out there?

Strawberry Ripe TFA
Chocolate LA
Vanilla Cupcake TFA
New York Cheesecake CAP
Sweetener TFA
Fruit Circles w/Milk TFA
Sweet Cream TFA
Cake Batter CAP
Coconut LA
Cotton Candy TFA
Bavarian Cream TFA
Dairy/Milk TFA
Dragon Fruit TFA
Honey TFA
Marshmallow TFA
Golden Pineapple CAP
Strawberries & Cream CAP
Circus Cotton Candy TFA
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% TFA

I've been searching around a bit and can't seem to find any info on this, so it may just be too much of a pain in the ass to build, but hey...it never hurts to ask.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your experienced with Microsoft Excell or Apache OpenOffice then you can make a spreadsheet that highlights what you can make based on the flavors you have if only going with a small number of recipes. I've been thinking of doing this with the spreadsheet I've been making to hold recipes and record costs of my DIY stuff.

Main issue with any type of database (or the spreadsheet) if that you need to input recipes to use and check. And vaping recipes are as varied as baking recipes. There are thousands of them and everybody has their own variation. The DIY Recipes forum alone has over 800 topics. While not all of them contain recipes, there are also many that contain more then one recipe (ie, cereal mixing mega thread) and a lot of topics have people replying with other flavors they have tried as substitutions for the posted recipe. Then toss in other sources such as ECF with over 1200 recipe topics and e-liquid-recipes.com with over 9800 recipes and your looking at well over 11,000 recipes available.

Then there is the matter of thoroughly reading each recipe to eliminate duplicates (or close enough to being duplicate) and things that don't look worthwhile trying, plus fixing simple variations of wording (ie, FA Cream Fresh vs FA Fresh Cream). Could easily be months just building the recipe listing.

Aside from that stuff though, http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com is a good place to start. Can only search for 1 flavor at a time though.
Just type the flavor in the search box and it will display a listing of recipes including that flavor
Click on any flavor in a displayed recipe to get a listing of other recipes that include that flavor.
Even many of HIC's recipes have found their way there. And a few of wllmc's

Last edited:

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, if you create an account on http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com, then add your flavors, you can then click User from the top right side of the page, select My Flavor Stash, then click the What can I make button , it will search the recipe database and show you any recipes on the whole site that you can make with the flavors you have. The more flavors you have, the more recipes it will list.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually, if you create an account on http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com, then add your flavors, you can then click User from the top right side of the page, select My Flavor Stash, then click the What can I make button , it will search the recipe database and show you any recipes on the whole site that you can make with the flavors you have. The more flavors you have, the more recipes it will list.
I tried this. The more flavors I added, the smaller the list became.

Caboose

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

That's odd :/ it seemed to be working fine for me, last I checked I stumbled across a couple new ones thats sounded good.

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once you've added your flavors make sure you click save at the bottom of the list. Also after you've added a flavor when you go to add another flavor make sure you click the bottom box (Add flavor) & not the top box it automatically defaults to (Quick find flavor in stash)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Holy crap. Never knew about that.
*goes off to create an account and add all his flavors*

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes yes yes!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for! I don't know how I haven't run across this on my own, but who cares. Thank you guys so much. I'm off to start plugging in my flavorings.

VU Sponsors