Become a Patron!

What am I doing wrong?

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, got my first mechanical mod. Bay City Vape Assassin, fully charged authentic Vct4. Got a .24 ohm coil in my Baal rda, and practically no vapor. It's like hitting a clearo on an ego. Any ideas?

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the link, mine doesn't rattle at all. Hopefully somebody chimes in that knows whats up. Also it is a hybrid mod.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, put the same rda on my sigelei, an cranked it down to 3.7 volts, and same thing. Starting to think mechanicals may not be for me.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3.7v would be weak on mech...thats the voltage you would wanna re charge at...a freshly charged battery is 4.2v in a mech mod...Because its hybrid id be extremely careful..could be connection issue ..one wrong change and youll be hearing a hiss or worse...stick to your regulateds :)

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Mike H. I'm starting to think the same thing. Was just wanting something small I could blow some clouds with, but now I'm thinking that the risk involved isn't worth it. I did my research though, and I'm pretty sure it's making a connection. Thinking it's probably my build.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post a pic, that will make it much easier for everyone to see what's going on.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Methinks you may have a screw loose...have you snugged up all connections and checked your build on an ohm meter/multimeter?

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently there's something wrong with it. Brought it in and the shop I bought it from is going to call the manufactuer. They loaned me another mod, same build, same battery, and the thing hits hard. Hopefully get this sorted out.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would be curious to hear what ended up being wrong if they figure it out, but glad to hear they took care of you.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns out that the switch was bad. Rather than wait on a replacement they gave me store credit. Got an infected mod, and couldn't be happier. Thing is built like a tank.

VU Sponsors