Become a Patron!

Weird smell from new juice

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I'm out of town on business, and stopped by a local vape shop. Tried some of their flavors, and found one I really like. So, I start talking to the shop owner, seems like a nice enough guy, and after about five minutes I ask when they are gonna grab my juice. He then tells me that they're mixing it up fresh. Never had this happen before, and to be honest their shop wasn't very clean. Half eaten burgers were on the counter, and it just gave me a bad vibe. I went ahead and paid for it, just because they had already mixed it up, and it was only ten bucks. Got back to my hotel, already hesitant about the juice, cracked it open. Holy fucking shit, its the nastiest smelling juice I've ever had. Supposed to be peach, but smells like rubbing alcohol and bad peach schnaups. Obviously I'm not going to vape it. Is it common
for shops to just mix it up like this? My local shop, Knoxville Vapor, great guys btw, only sell juice from well known companies. Just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Fresh mixed, some I've had in the past had a bit of a chemical smell. Some flavorings contain alcohol. It settles down in a few days or so, if that's the case. I hope that works out for you. $10 for how much?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have had this happen.

Try this, take the bottle and shake the crap out of it. Then remove the cap and the drip tip from the bottle.

Set the bottle in a safe place away from kids, pets and anyone that could bump it and spill it.

Let it set like that for 8+ hours, shake and give it a try. Repeat if needed.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had this happen.

Try this, take the bottle and shake the crap out of it. Then remove the cap and the drip tip from the bottle.

Set the bottle in a safe place away from kids, pets and anyone that could bump it and spill it.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get back to my hotel. Still not sure about these guys just mixing this stuff up on the spot.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had this happen.

+1 on that.

In addition, freshly made e-juice also requires steeping time. Some fruit flavors can be used right away. Usually, I let every juice steep.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Something I suggest you do if you have the resources is to set up a decent collection of E-Liquids to put in rotation.

For example, right now I probably have somewhere around 30+ 30ml bottles of liquid.

I just received 3 X 30 ml bottles in the mail yesterday.

I probably will not touch them for 3 weeks when I add them into my rotation.

And as a fellow business traveler let me advise you to purchase something like a diabetic supply travel bag. Mine holds a 2 channel charger, about 5 or 6 30ml bottles of liquid, extra mod, tanks, heads and whatnot in a surprisingly small package when its all zipped up. You can pick these up at WallyWorld for about $10

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea they shouldn't be giving you freshly mixed juice without at least warning you that it will need a few days to a week to actually come together..

I would be calling that guy back and telling him your experience - see how he handles it - if he is shitty about it - put that shop on blast!

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea they shouldn't be giving you freshly mixed juice without at least warning you that it will need a few days to a week to actually come together..

I would be calling that guy back and telling him your experience - see how he handles it - if he is shitty about it - put that shop on blast!
I actually asked him how long I should steep it for, and he said just shake it up and I'd be good to go. @UncleRJ I have about 20ish flavors right now, and I use an old leather pistol case to put my gear in.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

In fairness, I DIY all my juice, and most of it is ready to vape right after making it! That said, this sounds like one that needs a while to mature - if it ever becomes vapeable!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In fairness, I DIY all my juice, and most of it is ready to vape right after making it! That said, this sounds like one that needs a while to mature - if it ever becomes vapeable!

Sure sure, but if its a single peach flavor I wouldn't think it would be too complex a blend? I dunno- I have a feeling they just don't know what they are doing with mixing.

A lot of these B&M's are doing this.. I know a place near my work that mixes their juice in their 'basement' and these guys do not look like they care about hygiene lol.. I just personally wouldn't trust it and have heard complaints from others about their juices having different 'weird' tastes each time they buy them.

I could be totally wrong - but this is part of the reason why I make sure I'm fully stocked and have back up juices so I never need to buy questionable juice in an emergency

VU Sponsors