Become a Patron!

Weird flavor issues

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far this is just with my mini nautilus.

I keep getting these weird flavor shifts. It never tastes burnt, but it won't taste how I know it's supposed to, but then later it will taste completely fine. I don't even know how to describe it other than odd.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So far this is just with my mini nautilus.

I keep getting these weird flavor shifts. It never tastes burnt, but it won't taste how I know it's supposed to, but then later it will taste completely fine. I don't even know how to describe it other than odd.
Mine goes through this as well. Usually when I just added more or different liquid. Or if it need charged up. Have you noticed this happening at any specific time where your flavor shifts?

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine goes through this as well. Usually when I just added more or different liquid. Or if it need charged up. Have you noticed this happening at any specific time where your flavor shifts?
I'll have to pay attention and see if there is a pattern . Thanks ;)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can be your taste buds they go through a lot of changes for months after quitting.

LSX_mechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just went through this on my girlfriends nautilus mini. What I found, is that it's not wicking properly. I drew a bunch of air through the coil trying to saturate the coil with liquid,and the flavor has returned to normal. I'm not sure of a permanent fix ,but this has worked for now. The issue we were having is the sweetness of the juice went away, not a dry taste,but definitely wasn't how it was meant to taste..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just went through this on my girlfriends nautilus mini. What I found, is that it's not wicking properly. I drew a bunch of air through the coil trying to saturate the coil with liquid,and the flavor has returned to normal. I'm not sure of a permanent fix ,but this has worked for now. The issue we were having is the sweetness of the juice went away, not a dry taste,but definitely wasn't how it was meant to taste..

^ this is usually what it is.. poor wicking.. using higher VG juices will usually do this on those type tanks.. I can't even use high vg juices with my aerotanks for this exact reason.. get a couple good hits and then off-tasting until I either let it sit for a few min, or I unscrew the base and put it back together to let the airflow adjust..

not sure what ratio juice you are using but try and up your PG and see if that helps - usually stay around 50/50 with those tanks

LSX_mechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
^ this is usually what it is.. poor wicking.. using higher VG juices will usually do this on those type tanks.. I can't even use high vg juices with my aerotanks for this exact reason.. get a couple good hits and then off-tasting until I either let it sit for a few min, or I unscrew the base and put it back together to let the airflow adjust..

not sure what ratio juice you are using but try and up your PG and see if that helps - usually stay around 50/50 with those tanks
This is kinda what I suspected. The juice we were running was a 75%vg.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is kinda what I suspected. The juice we were running was a 75%vg.

I'm assuming with the new Subtank heads that this will no longer be an issue - we shall see when mine arrives in a few days.

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I am noticing I'm not getting this issue with my emow tank. I also noticed when changing liquids in the nautilus you have to let it sit longer. Definitely think it's a wicking issue. If I play with the voltage and wattage settings constantly it sorta fixes the issue.

VU Sponsors