Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
17426260_1906912306248607_5391991098284609982_n.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This needs to be in here as one of the most heart felt stories I have ever read, and it will be one of my absolute favorites<3
tumblr_of9on5Rfow1qh66wqo1_540.jpg

Lilly The Puppy And Matilda

“One evening about one and a half months ago I was driving with my youngest daughter on a dark road when a car in front of me slammed on a breaks forcing me to break sharply and nearly going of the road to avoid crashing into him (her?). By the time I came to myself the other car was gone without checking on us, just drove away. When I got out to see what happened I discovered a dead pup on a road. Then I noticed another one sitting on a the edge of the road. Without thinking I lifted a puppy and put it on front seat wrapped in my jacket. It never moved or made a sound for another hour while I drove home. I was convinced I was driving a dead dog . My daughter slept peacefully throughout the whole thing!
Long story short the puppy turned out to be just in a deep shock and gradually got back to the usual puppy happy state. My kids fell in love with her and the youngest (Matilda) is absolutely obsessed with Lilly (the puppy). They go everywhere together, sleep together, eat together and play together. There is no end to hugs and kisses. It’s just a cutest thing to witness every day.”

Photos/text by Daria Gralewska Begley

Many thanks to Joanne from I Have Seen The Whole Of The Internet

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
<3 One of these days before I die, I hope I can get a puppy. I've never had one and I desperately want a bulldog puppy. *sigh*
Hope you will be able to get one soon.
I haven't had a puppy in nearly 20yrs. The two I have are rescues, not from the pound, but from previous owners. Emma was 7-8 months, Duke was a year or a little over.

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Three of my dogs came from a rescue organization, and my bulldog Kai was rehomed from people who bought him but took terrible care of him and didn't care for him. Bulldog pups are pretty expensive, about $2500 right now from most breeders. By the time I save enough money, I'll probably be dead. :D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would NEVER support the back yard puppy mills .
If buying from Breeders, you are correct, seek a reputable breeder for sure, the cost is worth it, you know you are getting a healthy pup that both parents and litters have been taken care of with the highest of care and love.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ones from good, reputable breeders do. Backyard breeders sell them much cheaper.
Have you looked into the rescue groups for bulldogs? They don't just try to save adults, they will take in full litters if found in cases of abuse.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you looked into the rescue groups for bulldogs? They don't just try to save adults, they will take in full litters if found in cases of abuse.

Bulldog rescues very seldom have puppies. One of the main reasons is the high cost. Almost all bulldogs must have a c-section. I've looked into all of the rescues in a reasonable vicinity and they all exclusively have older dogs and most of them have medical issues, which isn't all that unusual with the bread, unfortunately.

Kai's breeder is a very reputable breeder who we will probably get a puppy from if he's still breeding in 8'ish years (we can only have two dogs at a time). My first bulldog was one from the same breeder who he retired early as most of the pups from her last litter died. She also had some complication so he didn't want to risk her trying again. So I got her for a song when she was 4 years old.

VU Sponsors