Become a Patron!

We love cats

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Abu went bouncing off the walls batshit for DQ softserve vanilla.
Pugs went on a clawing spree UP my leg for papaya.
BB is just dumb, but has gotten SUPER annoying for avocado.

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They're great for stress, too. Summer of '11 when we were trying desperately to find a house to buy so we didn't end up homeless thx to an insane landlady with an underwater mortgage, that's when our Tuxie showed up on our carport -- she helped us get thru that with our sanity intact!!!

Andria
Tuxedos(Or any Cat really, but I have noticed the Tuxies and Torties tend to be similar in this aspect) are amazing at showing up when you absolutely need somebody to relax you and relieve some stress. Any time I or my Girlfriend has an anxiety attack(We both have severe anxiety attacks) our Tuxedo(not pure tuxedo, but has the personality, and is very close with the markings) is always immediately right by our side nudging our faces and hands, and for me since I tend to be destructive when I spiral he will come and sit on my hands and will rub his head against my arms and body. Ours is also very aware of my GF being pregnant, and has been her guardian the entire pregnancy. He sleeps right next to her belly, and anywhere she goes, he follows and makes sure shes alright. Its amazing how aware they are. Something tells me it was no coincidence thats when your Tuxie entered your lives, she knew some stress relief was needed!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tuxedos(Or any Cat really, but I have noticed the Tuxies and Torties tend to be similar in this aspect) are amazing at showing up when you absolutely need somebody to relax you and relieve some stress. Any time I or my Girlfriend has an anxiety attack(We both have severe anxiety attacks) our Tuxedo(not pure tuxedo, but has the personality, and is very close with the markings) is always immediately right by our side nudging our faces and hands, and for me since I tend to be destructive when I spiral he will come and sit on my hands and will rub his head against my arms and body. Ours is also very aware of my GF being pregnant, and has been her guardian the entire pregnancy. He sleeps right next to her belly, and anywhere she goes, he follows and makes sure shes alright. Its amazing how aware they are. Something tells me it was no coincidence thats when your Tuxie entered your lives, she knew some stress relief was needed!

Maybe so... and lord knows, she needed us, too -- she was barely out of "fluffball" status, an itty bitty thing, maybe 3 months old, and just STARVING -- nothing but skin and bones and fur and fleas, so weak she could barely mew -- it's a miracle we named her Tuxie instead of Squeaky. :D But her sense of knowing -- right on the money! This pic:

tuxie-040616.jpg

was from one day when I was reading here about someone who had lost their beloved kitty, and a tear rolled down, when I read it -- and I looked down and there she was, right at my side, looking up at me like "Are you ok mom? I'm right here!"

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1474460_649345708444890_1834727785_n.jpg

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So last night heyboy, the new cat, was attack playing with sabby. Sabby was fighting hard on the cat tree and table so my wife threw water on heyboy. He ran down the hall like a crazy guy waited a minute and ran back and attacked sabby. He did this until he tired himself out. The carpet was pretty wet because we kept throwing water on him.

I guess cutting his nails got him riled up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So last night heyboy, the new cat, was attack playing with sabby. Sabby was fighting hard on the cat tree and table so my wife threw water on heyboy. He ran down the hall like a crazy guy waited a minute and ran back and attacked sabby. He did this until he tired himself out. The carpet was pretty wet because we kept throwing water on him.

I guess cutting his nails got him riled up.
Heyboy and Sabby? AWESOME!

Spray bottle. Yep.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heyboy and Sabby? AWESOME!

Spray bottle. Yep.
No spray bottle. She put water in a water bottle cap and threw it on him. Pretty funny to watch him jump around. None of our cats are affected by water thanks to her. Eventually he won't be.

One day we had to wash one in the sink at the vets office. They were amazed.

Could not find this posted apologies if it has but this one always makes me lol please read to end. Enjoy
The Dog's Diary

happydog.gif
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

poshorsa.gif

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

evilcat.gif
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to
article-2159077-139958A1000005DC-91_468x439.jpg
disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

77753317_65cec15fb1.jpg
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Could not find this posted apologies if it has but this one always makes me lol please read to end. Enjoy
The Dog's Diary

happydog.gif
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

poshorsa.gif

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

evilcat.gif
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to
article-2159077-139958A1000005DC-91_468x439.jpg
disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

77753317_65cec15fb1.jpg
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
I know the first time I read this I LMAO. I will never tire of reading it.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I hear about Pokemon, all I can think is: "is that shit STILL around?" because my son left it behind around the time he hit double digits. :facepalm: It's right up there with the Mighty Stupid Power Rangers, for Stupid Factor.

Andria
I don't play the game but I still collect the cards... BUT I am a geek/nerd so there is that. At the same time, I am tired of hearing of the PG shit... It's like Candy Crush on (insert illegal addictive substance here). :cuss2:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want one of those! A kitty picker upper!

Not "quicker"... but gets the job done. I LOL'd. :p

Cat's tails are a dead giveaway... When Tuxie's gets to switching really fast like that one on the left, I know to keep my hand away from her, 'cause she's about to try and bite a chunk of it off!

And some of us enjoy letting the kittehs play rough... appropriately.
Then there are those who just cannot read body language. Maroons. :rolleyes:

OMG! My cats hate bananas and citrus. They will run away like a firecracker was lit under their buns.

Try grapes, not frozen (that's either a treat... or mean).
It's better with dogs, but either way, when the sploosh happens... it's amusing. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And some of us enjoy letting the kittehs play rough... appropriately.
Then there are those who just cannot read body language. Maroons. :rolleyes:

Heh, yeah, my husband wrassles around with Tuxie, she bites him, he doesn't care. :D OTOH, I have "girly" hands (thin skinned) and she's more or less learned that biting mommy is a no-no... More or less because she still sometimes tries it, but not usually very hard, just kind of a very-soft little chomp, before backing off and giving me a lick, "I'm just playin' mommy!" I'm still kind of a newbie to cats, but I've picked up on some of the body language -- like that switching tail! But sometimes she still surprises me, gives me a little harder chomp, but then responds immediately to "HEY!" and gives me a lick -- "sorry, I fergot!" :D

Andria

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still kind of a newbie to cats, but I've picked up on some of the body language -- like that switching tail! But sometimes she still surprises me, gives me a little harder chomp, but then responds immediately to "HEY!" and gives me a lick -- "sorry, I fergot!"

That 42 year old "I'm sick of your shit" comparison is correct, but there's always a touch of the middling-young child in their behavior. And they're all individuals.

Who knows... maybe they do want to just kill us and make their escape. :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That 42 year old "I'm sick of your shit" comparison is correct, but there's always a touch of the middling-young child in their behavior. And they're all individuals.

Who knows... maybe they do want to just kill us and make their escape. :p

I dunno, we let her out when there's no rain in the forecast... but she always comes back -- cats know where their dinner lives. :D Ours flip-flops between Morris and Garfield -- sometimes she'll eat literally anything, scarf it up in a virtual frenzy... other times, things she previous found yummy just don't do it for her.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May be a good question on the next vet visit, Matt:)
That link was just one of the main ones popped up on my google search, I have known about the grapes being toxic to dogs for a long time now, its in the top 10 list for toxic food items for canines, may even be #1 next to chocolate

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh how I am about done with bkb's shit.
430 this morning. Had to get up but still.
530 this morning... bitching till he got my spot.
now preventing me from typing trying to garner attention..

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL Bosco does this, OR rubs his face on the corner of the keyboard, tries to climb across it, typing things FOR me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Don't feel too bad... Tuxie wakes up my mate about 2:30am every night, for breakfast. :facepalm: He puts up with it, because it means he gets a longer sleep till the alarm goes off -- he was REALLY pissed *yesterday*, when she also started biting his hands at 6:30am... cats don't know "weekend". :D He finally brought her out to the living room, and went back in his room and SHUT the door, so she'd leave him alone. :D

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I let BKB he would stroll across the kb or my guts.. to climb to the back of the chair to sharpen his claws on it then climb down.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Guess I'm fortunate to have such a crowded messy desk -- no place whatsoever for the cat to jump TO, so she never walks across the keyboard -- the keyboard drawer probably wouldn't support her weight anyway (I use a sep. keyboard rather than the one on the laptop, so my keyboard is at the right height).

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What a furry fucking turd, a serious hairy shit.
As soon as mom left he got off the spot and took over my bed.
Like he was trying to make her jelly or some shit.

Almost got one mellow little girl kitty that looks just like him this weekend.

VU Sponsors