Become a Patron!

We love cats

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_oo1u1hpDfo1vuk633o1_500.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, here's a weird question, for my fellow cat people: can cats catch colds? Our cat has been acting so weird this week, since I've had this cold... We're wondering if she might be under the weather too.

Andria

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not from you - cat's don't catch people-colds, and people don't catch cat-colds.

But they CAN have something similar - sneezing, eye-watering...

My new kitten CAME with a respiratory thing - and if it persists, or kitty seems really down or won't eat or anything like that I'd get her to the vet. Some of them (respiratory infections) can be treated with kitty antibiotics...

Ok, here's a weird question, for my fellow cat people: can cats catch colds? Our cat has been acting so weird this week, since I've had this cold... We're wondering if she might be under the weather too.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not from you - cat's don't catch people-colds, and people don't catch cat-colds.

But they CAN have something similar - sneezing, eye-watering...

My new kitten CAME with a respiratory thing - and if it persists, or kitty seems really down or won't eat or anything like that I'd get her to the vet. Some of them (respiratory infections) can be treated with kitty antibiotics...

Hmm. She doesn't seem overtly sick, and she's eating ok... but she's hanging out in the cat cave (under my husband's bed) a lot more than usual. Maybe she's just picking up on the fact that I'm sick, I dunno. She did barf the other day, but just once and that was that; she's done that a couple times in the 5 yrs we've had her, and nothing seems odd or unusual about this time. I dunno.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me: Can I get a kitten?
Husband: If you want to live alone.

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Oh noooooooo. My husband is the cat people in this family... and my son too, once he comes home. They're both just very glad for the existence of affordable 24-hr antihistamines. :D

Our baby finally emerged from the cat cave. She went outside for a while, and sat in the garage for a while, surveying the street. I guess she isn't really sick, just acting kinda weird... not exactly a news flash, for a cat. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors