Become a Patron!

We love cats

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its always difficult to lose a pet, as they become our close friends and a part of our families. I cannot say how many cats and dogs I have lost due to old age, illness, or some unfortunate circumstance they may have found themselves in. It is never easy, but we can find comfort in the time we spent with them, and in knowing we did what is best for their quality of life, however difficult those decisions may be for us.

The situation here for Dupree is not good either. His eye didnt get any better and he has a
detatched retina, likely due to hypertension, so he is now blind in that eye.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its always difficult to lose a pet, as they become our close friends and a part of our families. I cannot say how many cats and dogs I have lost due to old age, illness, or some unfortunate circumstance they may have found themselves in. It is never easy, but we can find comfort in the time we spent with them, and in knowing we did what is best for their quality of life, however difficult those decisions may be for us.

The situation here for Dupree is not good either. His eye didnt get any better and he has a
detatched retina, likely due to hypertension, so he is now blind in that eye.
I hope he can adapt Bless his heart.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As many of you know, my kitty, Bosco, was diagnosed with a brain tumor over the summer. Up to now, he was leading a mostly normal cat life. He took a new turn last night, one that would be more of a struggle for him than I felt he should go through. Today, after much discussion with his vet, and a thorough examination, I felt it most kind(?) to let him go. His vet agreed with my decision, assuring me I've done all I can for him. I'm so sad right now, my heart just aches. Thank you to all of you for sharing your concern and well wishes over these months, it really does mean so much to me.

This was one of his most fave places in the world to be, besides curled up next to my left hip, LOL.

View attachment 70336 (that's ALL fur!)

Little Buddy, I will miss you more than I can express. Your life was a joy and a gift to me. <3:hug:

I am so sorry to hear that. I know he will be missed and mourned. :hug: And we'll certainly all miss pics of pretty little Bosco.

:hug:
Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As many of you know, my kitty, Bosco, was diagnosed with a brain tumor over the summer. Up to now, he was leading a mostly normal cat life. He took a new turn last night, one that would be more of a struggle for him than I felt he should go through. Today, after much discussion with his vet, and a thorough examination, I felt it most kind(?) to let him go. His vet agreed with my decision, assuring me I've done all I can for him. I'm so sad right now, my heart just aches. Thank you to all of you for sharing your concern and well wishes over these months, it really does mean so much to me.

This was one of his most fave places in the world to be, besides curled up next to my left hip, LOL.

Little Buddy, I will miss you more than I can express. Your life was a joy and a gift to me. <3:hug:
I truly and deeply feel your sorrow and loss.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I share sadness with those of you who have recently lost a loved one. As all of us have experienced, I too have known such pain. I have often found that finding someone new to care for can relieve some of that pain. No, I know no one can directly replace the one you just lost, but perhaps buffer it slightly.

I do not know where you folks live, but if you can pass by my little farm, there are six cats living in my garage (yes, in sub-freezing weather). I feed them daily, but cannot let them in the house because I already have five cats and two dogs in this tiny house. One of these wild types is a tuxedo and five are silver tabbies, two long haired and three short. I do not know their sexes or ages, but anyone willing to share their home might find loving companions.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wishing you the best Huck. So sad to hear about Bosco. ♡♡ *big hugs*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o3yusxFnkH1u41k7so1_1280.jpg

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I am so sorry, Huck! Huge warm hugs. Bosco will always be in your heart, I'm glad you had each other to love.

VU Sponsors