Become a Patron!

We love cats

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha yea she's vicious for a kitten I think. But I've never had my own kitten. Just older cats. Definitely a different cat experience. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips

I feel ya pain man, literally. Milly mostly grew out of the attacking a few months ago, but still will get ya if she's 'in a mood'. :crazy:
Compared to my 8yrs of having an older, declawed, and mostly demure Tiki, Milly is a psycho kitty. :D

Just lookie my stealth-mode couch cat:
  • There is a blanket covering the couch, and the front of the cushions jut out a few inches from the base...just enough room for a hiding spot.
  • Yes, the decades-old carpet needs cleaning. Not caring ATM as it's gonna be around 100 all week and I don't wanna deal with it.

6BX5R55l.jpg

I sat down and aieeee...paws from the Abyss appear. Now, if I move my feet too fast....ow...

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Twisty Milly with the TEETH...do NOT pet that belly now...lol

pePPfMJ.jpg

I just looked at that pic today and damn, I either got the color correction all wrong on that one, or on this TV/monitor compared to the other one...oops.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0e0da0214ee96b9e7e2811ea2457d01e.jpeg.max900.jpeg
So Wednesday we have vet appointment to get this little tortie girl tested for felv. If she is negative we are keeping her. That will be number 13, please pray.

My wife wants to name her Ester. She said she looks like an Ester and its different from all the other cats names. Having a Sam and Samson was an issue until the cats figured it out.

Edit: She is 8 weeks old and small, needs to do some catch up growing.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 166850
So Wednesday we have vet appointment to get this little tortie girl tested for felv. If she is negative we are keeping her. That will be number 13, please pray.

My wife wants to name her Ester. She said she looks like an Ester and its different from all the other cats names. Having a Sam and Samson was an issue until the cats figured it out.

Edit: She is 8 weeks old and small, needs to do some catch up growing.

Awwww, poor little thing! I do hope she gets well soon. Has that same big-eyed look as my Milly too.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awwww, poor little thing! I do hope she gets well soon. Has that same big-eyed look as my Milly too.
As far as we know she isn't sick, just under development and small. We can feed her out of that. We have 12 indoor cats and can't have a leukemia positive cat. Sam the Siamese is FIV and that is not an issue. You can have an FIV cat with others and no issues. It isn't spread by licking like leukemia is. Also, FIV cats can live a full life. Sam is like five or six, by our estimate, and he is a character.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The bad thing is we have to change the vet appointment from Wednesday to Thursday so now I have to wait another day to see her.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as we know she isn't sick, just under development and small. We can feed her out of that. We have 12 indoor cats and can't have a leukemia positive cat. Sam the Siamese is FIV and that is not an issue. You can have an FIV cat with others and no issues. It isn't spread by licking like leukemia is. Also, FIV cats can live a full life. Sam is like five or six, by our estimate, and he is a character.

Yeah. it's one reason I adopted my Milly this time around; she'd been very sick with URI and stuff.
Had a full litter of five before she was a year old too. So, she's been tested and innoculated six ways from Sunday by the Foster fam's and Humane Society's vets. She's a very healthy kitteh now. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No one told you that kittens are insane? Bless your heart, hun! She'll calm down in a year or two.

True! Annabel was 2 on Valentine's Day... today, she's been out all day in the "big part of the house" with Tuxie, with very few hissy fits from either of them; Tuxie's on her usual chair, Annabel's on the sofa, keeping a close eye on Tuxie. :giggle: But until very recently, we really couldn't leave Annabel out of the spawn's room very much at all, because she would run at Tuxie, and Tuxie was NOT amused! I think Annabel has finally figured out to keep her distance from the formalwear-clad Boss of the House. :giggle: It only took her two years! :giggle:

Andria

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

FLV is heartbreaking. I rescued a little kitten out of the middle of a busy road one day and brought him home. Everything was ok, and months had gone by, until one day he dashed out the front door when one of us was coming inside. He was gone for several days and then, when he showed back up, he had a bite wound on one of his back legs.

We took him to the vet, got antibiotics, gave him the antibiotics, and all was going well until he finished them. Then the wound started to get infected again. I took him back and at that point they gave him a bunch of tests and discovered he had Feline Leukemia. It was a little late at that point to worry about exposing my other two cats, so we gave it a good try until we just couldn't stand seeing him sick any more. He had repeated respiratory infections, ongoing problems with the leg wound, his body just couldn't do any healing on its own without a constant flow of antibiotics. After all that we ended up having to have him put to sleep when he was about six months old.

The vet said that he was probably born FLV positive, that many stray cats have it and when they have kittens, all the kittens have it too. And as much as I'd like to rescue all the little kitties who are about to get smushed in the street, I won't ever take a chance like that again if I have other cats already here. One of my older cats did get FLV and I'm sure it shortened her life considerably.

It's too sad. Just too, too sad.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FLV is heartbreaking. I rescued a little kitten out of the middle of a busy road one day and brought him home. Everything was ok, and months had gone by, until one day he dashed out the front door when one of us was coming inside. He was gone for several days and then, when he showed back up, he had a bite wound on one of his back legs.

We took him to the vet, got antibiotics, gave him the antibiotics, and all was going well until he finished them. Then the wound started to get infected again. I took him back and at that point they gave him a bunch of tests and discovered he had Feline Leukemia. It was a little late at that point to worry about exposing my other two cats, so we gave it a good try until we just couldn't stand seeing him sick any more. He had repeated respiratory infections, ongoing problems with the leg wound, his body just couldn't do any healing on its own without a constant flow of antibiotics. After all that we ended up having to have him put to sleep when he was about six months old.

The vet said that he was probably born FLV positive, that many stray cats have it and when they have kittens, all the kittens have it too. And as much as I'd like to rescue all the little kitties who are about to get smushed in the street, I won't ever take a chance like that again if I have other cats already here. One of my older cats did get FLV and I'm sure it shortened her life considerably.

It's too sad. Just too, too sad.
Yeah, leakemia is bad. Feline immunodeficiency virus, FIV, is not as bad. Our Sam gets congestion but we have orbax and a vet that just sells it us or gives a script, since we have Sam and take care of our feral colony. He is six years old so maybe he adjusts better than a kitten would with FIV. Leukemia is almost always fatal, unless they develop immunity when they get it, and highly transmittable. I would not worry about an FIV cat with my cats, remember I have 12 indoor cats, and it isnt transmittable like felv (feline leukemia). FIV isn't a death sentence and you would never know Sam has it, unless I told you. I hope I didn't misunderstand your post.

I'm sorry about your little one.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, not spolied at all...??
(flash froze the motion)

Gave her own fan...an all-metal fan with very tight grillwork and non-slip feet. She can't hurt it and it can't hurt her. Now, much less merrowing at me about the heat. ?

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Keep it coming! Lol Every time you post i realize my cats aren't spoiled at all :teehee:
At least you don't have 12. My wife asks me if I said hi to Misha, Sam, Kandi, Roxy, Nancy, Sabbi, Yoyo, Spot, Babs, Heyboy, Samson, Sara and now I have to go outside and say hi to Whitey and Buddy.

You know sometimes I just can't remember their names, and have no idea why. Maybe I need a few more.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She tells you she's hot?

Oh yeah, she'll lie there and whine if she's feeling miserable...lol

Cats definitely have language..some more than others. :rolleyes:
My old Torti and Milly were/ are very vocal. I've learned different Milly vocalizations for need food, dirty litter, let me in the closet to hunt bugs, etc. She'll also lead me right to the issue too...lol.

Now, she's content and I can watch my game in peace. :D

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you very much, @joeyboy and @CaFF - this whole conversation has been a hoot.

I've been about ready to bitchslap someone all day, so I needed it BIG. lol

I love how the two of you love your cats. Well, actually, everybody in this thread is gaga over their cats. It's so sweet!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much, @joeyboy and @CaFF - this whole conversation has been a hoot.

I've been about ready to bitchslap someone all day, so I needed it BIG. lol

I love how the two of you love your cats. Well, actually, everybody in this thread is gaga over their cats. It's so sweet!

This has nothing to do with cats. But, RE: your mood today, this video FITS PERFECTLY. The guys in this band, visually? Umm... not my thing at all. But he's a great singer!

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This has nothing to do with cats. But, RE: your mood today, this video FITS PERFECTLY. The guys in this band, visually? Umm... not my thing at all. But he's a great singer!

Andria

Wow. I loved that. Will have to find out more about them. You're right, his voice is great. Thanks!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I yj
I think you need to ask Milli and hear some of that special cat language.

When I come home from work I see Sam and say SAMMMMMM. He rocks is head back and forth and runs from me. It looks so funny seeing that big cat do that.

Nothing special, just a cat being a cat.
I grew up hanging out with cats long before I ever was socialized with humans. Still prefer them. ;)

Speaking of cat...she's doing the couch stealth thing again today...right behind my feet.

wKeOiHV.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had a kitten once who liked to sleep in my hair. He'd wait until I was nearly asleep, then climb up the bedcovers (he was still tiny then), get up onto my shoulder, and try to make himself a nest in my hair.

He was most persistent. You hate to be hostile toward a sweet gesture like that, but the times I let him stay there, I like to have never got the tangles out of my hair the next morning. He'd be there purring and making biscuits all night, and I'd wake up with a rat's nest as big as my two hands put together!

His name was Boo. He was a buff-colored tabby, so sweet. Bless his heart, we believe he got bitten by a snake right after we moved where we are still living now. He'd have been about 5 years old then.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dear Reader,

It’s a shocking but little known fact

Weak lungs makes you FIVE times more likely to die from heart disease.

Do you know how strong your lungs are?

Your doctor probably checks your blood pressure every time you visit, but not your lung strength – even though the simple and painless test to measure it literally takes a single second.

And strong lungs mean longer life.

And it’s a CRITICAL, but over-looked indicator of your overall health.

To learn what it is (and how to naturally improve it), click here.

Sincerely,

Karen Reddel
President
OmniVista Health Learning

P.S. In my decades of experience reporting on major health breakthroughs, I can honestly say I’ve never seen a protocol address the neglected sphere of lung health. But breathing is what keeps us alive one moment to the next. Weak lungs result in MORE lung disease, MORE heart disease, MORE diabetes, and multiply your risk of premature death. Follow these simple steps today to strengthen your lungs, breathe better and LIVE LONGER.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow. I loved that. Will have to find out more about them. You're right, his voice is great. Thanks!

I've known about that band for quite a while, thx to my spawn; they've had a few songs I've really liked. But that one there, really hits the current spot, with all the shit going on these days. I'm getting to be more and more a curmudgeonly old-fart, and all those tats, really not my thing at all... but damn, that guy has an amazing voice.

Andria

ETA: kinda weird though -- under all those tats, that singer reminds me a LOT of my father -- RIP, daddy.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This litter of 4-5 month old kitties showed up on my porch the other night...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ha ha yea she's vicious for a kitten I think. But I've never had my own kitten. Just older cats. Definitely a different cat experience. Lol

They're so cute and so playful, all you want to do is get in there and play along. You can almost always tell when someone has a kitten by looking at their hands, lol. All my kittens were the same and I kept going back for more. Fitz, even though he's 3 now, still has a ton of kitten in him.

Still, gotta love 'em to pieces, that's about all they leave ya of your hands.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're so cute and so playful, all you want to do is get in there and play along. You can almost always tell when someone has a kitten by looking at their hands, lol. All my kittens were the same and I kept going back for more. Fitz, even though he's 3 now, still has a ton of kitten in him.

Still, gotta love 'em to pieces, that's about all they leave ya of your hands.
Oh yea it's a morning ritual. I sit here in bed drinking coffee and she bites my hands and does her little rabbit foot trick. Lol. I've been told after I leave in the am she crys at the door looking for me. Lol. Then about 730-8 she gets a wild running streak.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh yea it's a morning ritual. I sit here in bed drinking coffee and she bites my hands and does her little rabbit foot trick. Lol. I've been told after I leave in the am she crys at the door looking for me. Lol. Then about 730-8 she gets a wild running streak.

Fitz does that when I get home from work. When I put my socks on every day, he goes to my shoes. After I put my shoes on, he rubs all over my ankles and walks inches away from me. They know. Penny, she's mostly interested in when I come home, since they get a treat then. Dog starts barking when she hears my keys.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not hiding, just waiting to attack

You'd think so, but she doesn't unless provoked...she just lays back there and if I get in range, the feeler-paws come out to say 'hi'...lol! She's turning into a much more snuggly cat these days, which is nice. :)

I woke up from a nap on the couch yesterday to her sleeping halfway on my lap, which she never used to do.

Last edited:

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Love the kitty, but kinda horrified at the poor electronics choking on gunk...:eek:
Its all the cable companies equipment so I don't think she really cares what happens to it. Has a house keeper who's not doing her job. Oh well. At least the cats are happy ;)

VU Sponsors