1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

We love cats

Discussion in 'Non-Vaping Related' started by Whiskey, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Ohhh I love them all! What's the pup's name?

Bigbob2322, debinnv and zephyr like this.
  2. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    When he came to us his name was Tex, but our daughter started calling him Bubba and it kind of stuck. He's still listed as Tex at the vet.

3. Bigbob2322

Bigbob2322 Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    My buddy Chance

20180922_090054.jpg

JuicyLucy, joeyboy, debinnv and 13 others like this.
  4. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    None of my cats will let me hold them long enough for a picture.

DaBunny, debinnv, ceecee and 5 others like this.
  5. zephyr

zephyr Dirty Pirate Meg VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

Is this a Norwegian Forest, too? I always wondered if his type had a name (this is Shadow, the most nervous cat I have ever had or even met)

FB_IMG_15722012092576210.jpg

I named this one Lazyboots, that name was right on the money
    FB_IMG_15722011999640560.jpg

FB_IMG_15722012822618437.jpg

6. Amber Petti

Amber Petti Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    debinnv, ceecee, Anibird and 2 others like this.
  7. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Lazyboots is my kind of cat. All of them are gorgeous.

debinnv, Bigbob2322, ceecee and 3 others like this.
  8. AndriaD

AndriaD It's NOT freaking BUBONIC PLAGUE! VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've posted pics of our Tuxie many times, but here she is:
    3ofTuxie.jpg

Last year, my son got Annabel:
    annabel-800x600.jpg

And I mentioned, somewhere on VU, about a sweet little tomcat who had taken up with us, because he was starving, and there must be a notice on the Craig's List Feline Edition that the Duncans are soft touches when it comes to starving kitties. So, we finally got him fixed and vaccinated, and he's plumping up nicely, what with the excellent feeding he's gotten from us. We named him Tommy... because those doohickeys in the back were swinging low; no way in hell to mistake that cat for a pussycat! He seems to be adapting nicely to no longer feeling so much motivationj to go fight other cats. :)

We thought he might be feral, he was so extremely skinny, though he's so friendly and affectionate, we really weren't sure. When we took him to Planned Pethood for the fixing and shots, they said there is no way that cat is feral; he was someone's pet, and apparently abandoned. Whoever abandoned such a sweet loving kitty better be glad I don't know who or where they are!

tommy.jpg

Andria

9. AndriaD

AndriaD It's NOT freaking BUBONIC PLAGUE! VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh, one other thing about sweet little Tommy... Planned Pethood determined that he suffers from the feline immunodeficiency virus, which I guess is like feline AIDS. It will probably shorten his life, which of course is very sad... but currently he's in good health, other than that, and since we got him fixed, he's far less likely to fight other cats and thereby spread the virus. So we'll just keep him fed and loved and as comfortable as possible, for as long as he has. And I have to wonder if this might be why he was abandoned, may every plague of Egypt infest the bastards who abandoned him.

Andria

10. JuiceJess

JuiceJess Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Wow, cat heaven. I love all of this!

11. joeyboy

joeyboy Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    @zephyr

Could be. I had to do a lot of research and comparisons since I have a Mainecoon also. Mine has the face shape, longer back legs, likes love but is independent and not cuddly. Her neck hair is different than the Mainecoon where it starts. The ears are different on the Norwegian, similar to yours. Mine is going to be big for a girl. I figure at least 12 pounds maybe closer to 15. They are larger cats in weight. They stop growing up to 4 years of age, I believe.

Unfortunately, mine is the opposite of yours and attacks everything. She is quite funny but I wish I could love her more without the growls. Yes I mean growls.

Your kitty is gorgeous.

12. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
  13. Bigbob2322

Bigbob2322 Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    He really is a ham, he'll tap your arm and just sit there. REPEATEDLY :)

14. zephyr

zephyr Dirty Pirate Meg VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

Sounds like both cats have an overamped adrenal response- mine also attacked things (like my feet under the covers) but was mostly just Jumpy, he would jump and make the cutest little nervous chirrup and chortle and warble sounds and stuff- startled by his own shadow at night, that's where his name came from

15. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Our Tuxie does that to my husband, when it's time to feed her. Or even CLOSE to time. He'll be sitting at his desk in his room, playing Freecell... she'll jump up and start pacing back and forth in front of him. When that doesn't work to her satisfaction, she'll sit down facing him, and start tapping his mouse hand. Finally, she'll just drape her body over his keyboard. :giggle:

Our little Tommy discovered a new trick tonight. Our front door, on the outside, has a lever rather than a doorknob -- he started tapping that lever, when it was getting close to feline dinner time. I finally got up and locked the front door; keeping him out is only a secondary consideration, but keeping Tuxie IN is necessary, because she'll run out in a FLASH. And she's obstinate as HELL about coming back in, which is why we don't let her out anymore!

Andria

16. zephyr

Blog Posts:
    I finally found my pics related to that comic

IMG_20190731_061249~2.jpg IMG_20190731_061300~2.jpg

And her kittens, a modest pile of cat:

IMG_20190728_161826~2.jpg

And my ex's mom's cat Lucky, mostly blind but a sharp nose for chicken

IMG_20190729_132216.jpg

IMG_20190729_132133.jpg

17. Amber Petti

Amber Petti Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Bigbob2322, nadalama and zephyr like this.
  18. Anibird

Anibird Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I'm visiting a friend in Tennessee and I took a couple pictures of her huge blue point Siamese. This is Sakki.

sakki1.jpg

sakki2.jpg

joeyboy, gopher_byrd, DaBunny and 7 others like this.
  19. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Tuxie is a fiend for real roast turkey, and salmon. When i cook salmon, she won't leave the kitchen, just sits and stares at me. My husband says she's supervising. :D

Andria

20. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Here's Penny, 12 years old.

upload_2019-11-2_0-9-53.png

Fitz and his selfie

upload_2019-11-2_0-11-33.png

21. Anibird

Anibird Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    A putty pile of Siamese cats. 2 chocolate points and a blue point.
    puttypile.jpg

22. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
  23. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    20191110_111436.jpg
    Here is Roxy's 8-month old picture. I know she has crazy eyes in that pic but I really wanted to show her tail.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    nadalama, MrMeowgi, misswish and 4 others like this.
  24. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Ohh I love her! Bosco had a really long bushy tail. Roxy is beautimous!

nadalama, AndriaD and joeyboy like this.
  25. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I've noticed before, and in your most recent pic... your Penny has the sweetest "expression" I think I've ever seen on a cat. Kind of a "real life" smiling "Hello Kitty."

Andria

nadalama and Huckleberried like this.
  26. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    For anyone who loves kitties and hasn't seen the Puma Messi on YT yet:

Dialog is all in Russian, so don't be surprised. Messi is entertaining enough, and you'll get the gist of it anyway. :)

He's a very small puma, born with various health problems and could not survive with other male pumas. The Russian couple adopted him from a zoo when they discovered that Messi would probably have to be euthanized if no other solution was found. They have trained and basically domesticated him. He is smart, sweet, and beautiful. I am just so in love with Messi!

If you like him, there are a TON of other videos.

27. DaBunny

DaBunny Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    what a BIG kitty...
    beautiful and sweet.

misswish and nadalama like this.
  28. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    our girl Misty. she is just a little sweetheart

IMG_3425.JPG 20191026_093833.jpg

29. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    You have a beautiful kitty there. She looks so sweet!

One of our cats is named Mitzi. I call her Mitz.

misswish and Jinx'd like this.
  30. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    this is my outside buddy, Rango. he is my neighbors cat, but i am his best freind. i let him in, the first time, to let Misty have a new friend. Princes, our other girl, died a few months back :cry:. so, i gave Rango some munchies. anyway, Misty stalked Rango for a while. then went and sat by the door. Rango, he is a kinda odd guy. so, he goes to leave. Misty wouldn't move, she didn't need to. but he hisssed at her. Misty got up and chased him around the kitchen SO FAST ! and then to the door and started kicking his ass. lol
    i didn't want her to hurt him, she has front claws, he doesn't. so i stopped it quick, then let him out.

20191026_093935.jpg 20191026_092632.jpg

31. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I am SO pleased that he wasn't euthanized! The world needs more lions!

And how cool is that, a "new world" lion, in a very old world country! Gotta love it!

Andria

Rhianne and nadalama like this.
  32. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Eeeek at the thought of a cat without front claws going outdoors!

We've started bringing Tommy into the garage on cold and/or wet nights, and we leave him in there if it remains cold and/or wet in the daytime -- which Tuxie disapproves of, since the garage is "her house," but since he has that immune deficiency virus, we can't risk letting her out there with him, or him in here; he's male after all, even without the rear dangly bits, and Tuxie is QUITE hostile to Annabel, so we figure keeping Tommy away from her is better for all felines concerned. I told my husband that Tommy is like a hippie impressed with everything, who also has laryngitis -- he's constantly with the "wowww" in a kinda hoarse throaty voice. :teehee:

Andria

misswish likes this.
  33. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    not my cat, not my call. he, and his passed away brother Nemo(i just loved that guy !) were here when we moved in.
    saying that, they both do/did well anyway. and they are not always outside, they can go in any time they want.

AndriaD and misswish like this.
  34. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    I was loving one of my 12 indoor cats, that will now go from Nancy to Ball of Claws. I was hugging and kissing her against her will. When I let her go I expected her to push off my chest and go running, like every other time. This time, she threw all four legs, only how a cat could, and put a 1.5 inch scratch in the middle of my chin.

Someone at work ask which cat did that.
    I told her and said I hope I dont get a scar. Her reply? "At your age it doesnt really matter."

Nothing like a little pick me up to get you going.

35. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Pussy Riot usually just interferes with yoga - I had no idea she was so good at Supta Jathara Parivartanasana Resized_20191118_095621.jpeg

36. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    We currently have at least 8-10 open boxes containing xmas loot on the coffee table, awaiting tissue paper in the boxes and wrapping paper around them... so where does Tuxie decide is a good place for sits? The box of the leggings for ME, of course, the only person in the house with a cat allergy. :facepalm:

Lately she's also taken to trying her luck in my room again, and a couiple times we've had to drag her furry black ass out of the very back of my closet, where's good and hidden! I told the mate that it's probably due to the new kitty on the block, Tommy; Tuxie used to be "his girl," but now that he's spending a lot of time with Tommy in the garage, I guess she figures she's MY girl now. :D She can certainly be my girl. Just not in my room!

Andria

Anibird and misswish like this.
  37. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    First blood :)

Resized_20191218_075251.jpeg

38. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    She looks so pleased! I just wanna scruff her. Such a pretty kitty.

39. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    I actually got it for the dog. Dog never gets to use it. It has Fitz's body formed into it. The little rope thing is his fave toy. Drags it all over the house, brings it to me when he wants to play.

upload_2019-12-19_6-8-44.png

40. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Romeo checking things outside.

[​IMG]

DaBunny, AndriaD, Anibird and 5 others like this.
  41. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hey what are you doing?

[​IMG]

Anibird, joeyboy, MrMeowgi and 5 others like this.
  42. VapeJunkie

VapeJunkie Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
  43. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
  44. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Kitty Spooning :)

kitty spoon.jpg

DaBunny, AndriaD, nadalama and 8 others like this.
  45. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Bigbob2322, Jinx'd and debinnv like this.
  46. VapeJunkie

VapeJunkie Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
  47. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    I subscribed to that channel

nadalama likes this.
  48. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Little opportunist stole my seat.

upload_2019-12-27_17-25-44.png

DaBunny, misswish, DonBaldy and 4 others like this.
  49. gopher_byrd

Blog Posts:
    What do you mean, your seat?:giggle:

Everyone knows dogs have masters, cats have staff.

misswish, Jinx'd, MrMeowgi and 4 others like this.
  50. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Please don't tell him I called it mine.

:sad:

Anibird, misswish, Jinx'd and 3 others like this.