Become a Patron!

watts?

I have an itaste MVP 2.0

Coil's Ohm is 1.60. I have the voltage set to 3.4. I can adjust the wattage, but don't know what to set it to. I heard that I should square the voltage, and then divide that by the ohms. Is that correct? If so, I've set the wattage to 7.0. help

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Start low, and work your way up until you find the sweet spot where it works best for you. If it starts tasting harsh/burnt, turn the power back just a bit.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ohm's law doesn't directly apply to a regulated mod because the computer is between the battery and the atty. There's another equation but I don't have it handy.

You can adjust volts or watts but not both. You adjust one and the chip does the other. Most mods no longer give you the option to adjust the voltage. You did calculate correctly if Ohms law applied.

That said if 7 watts is giving you a good vape use it if not go up or down a few watts at a time until you get a good hit with no burning/dry hits. Also most newer coils have a wattage range printed on them.

http://www.steam-engine.org/ This site is a good one to figure stuff out for you but has a bit of a learning curve.

I still use my MVP 20watt with an RDA from time to time just to make sure it's still alive..it is.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
^^^ great advice

Also most newer coils have a wattage range printed on them.

I do see a lot of inconsistency on range of "recommended wattage" and there are so many posts where new people are having trouble because they are not getting a good vape from the manufacturers recommendation.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
^^^ great advice

I do see a lot of inconsistency on range of "recommended wattage" and there are so many posts where new people are having trouble because they are not getting a good vape from the manufacturers recommendation.

Smok comes to mind...:) Also too many of them start out at max watts and try to go up. MORE POWERRRRRRR:xD:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have that problem with the smok coils. I prime the piss out of them, start about 10w below recommended, bump it up every hit, and 3 or 4 puffs later I'm in the zone. Sometimes takes half a tank until it's consistently good. Too many people expect perfection from the first puff. Gotta be user error, or I'm just that damned good. I vote for the former, lol.

VU Sponsors