Become a Patron!

Wattage not correlating to recommend Wattage on Coil

Hi guys,

so to get started I'll share my setup:
1 week old Black 80W OSUB Baby Kit
18650 battery
0.4 Ohm BABY Q2 coil (came preinstalled)
Liquid: self made 70/30 3mg Nicotin

Bought this from NY when I was attending a wedding there last week, it was quick purchase because I broke my original one. When I first started using it the guy recommend I keep it on 25W to "break in" the coil, and that I can up it to the recommend Wattage written on the coil (BEST 55 - 65W). A few days later I upped it up to 35W, and that's when the trouble started. All I get when I go above 25W with an average pull of about 7s is spitting and a mouth full of liquid, the mouth piece starts to gather condensation and after a few minutes I'm fed up and stop. Pulled it back down to 25W and even down to 18W, here you can barely feel it. It feels like a dry pull (not to mention very noisy) and after 5s you feel the smoke start to produce and it's fine. I took apart the whole thing, cleaned it thoroughly and even changed the rubber seals with the ones in the kit (preinstalled black ones swapped out for the red ones, they look nicer anyway). I still don't get why I can't get my Wattage up to the recommended without it filling my mouth with liquid, spitting and crackling. Any recommendations? I even tried to fix the coils and push the pre-wrapped coil inwards to create a tighter seal (that solved my slight leakage issue, but not the above one). Am I doing something wrong? Or should I just keep vaping between 18 and 25W although it recommends 55W on the coil.

Thanks in advance!

VU Sponsors