Member For 4 Years
madame_defarge_t_shirt-r9a85638bf0c743f3931c95d3fe56928f_jg51r_400.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmmm...

“The overarching goal is to create new affordances for researchers and health agencies to leverage online social media platforms for knowing and reaching their audience in effective ways,” the grant states.

“Twitter has become the favorite network for teenagers and young adults owing to the short message size and associated ease of use on smart phones,” according to the grant.

So basically the government themselves is looking to monitize the information on how to best target this audience for future ecig markets...and this was the goal of this study...and "WE" are marketing to children and teens????? So our taxes are now paying for studies on how to market adult products to children through social media?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to tweet a lot, because there's a huge vape community on twitter. However there are also one hell of a lot of idiots, some of whom think they know everything there is to know about vaping, and vaping is EVEEEEEL. I just got sick and damn tired of twitting twits, so pretty much stopped tweeting. Unless I'm trying to direct attention to some great vape article that actually makes sense, then I'll tweet and even FB and G+ it. Otherwise... I just ain't got the time for that many morons.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
“to create new affordances"

Please tell me, what the FUCK is an affordance? That looks a lot like English, but doesn't make a damn bit of sense either grammatically or syntactically. :facepalm:

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please tell me, what the FUCK is an affordance? That looks a lot like English, but doesn't make a damn bit of sense either grammatically or syntactically. :facepalm:

Andria
It's a new form of telecommunication. You know, the vaping equivalent of smoke signals that were originally used by the Indians... should take the feds at least half a decade to investigate how google translate messed up his sentence.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nevermind the waste of money - $200k is peanuts: it wouldn't cover the cost of shipping a crate of beers to the soldiers in Irak. What worries me is the Stasi-like approach to understanding any issue by the government these days.

Welcome to 1984...

VU Sponsors