Become a Patron!

Want to create gooey cookie but know what to add for the gooey effect

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought I was told that acetyl pyrazine can give a gooey affect in an e juice. Is this right? The other ingredients I can figure but not the gooey one.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure this depends on a lot what it's mixed with. In some bakery recipes, it can bring out a "doughy" flavor like nobody's business. When I've mixed it with just fruits, however, it seems to add "grainy" or cereal (as in kiddie cereal) flavor. We should have an AP thread here devoted to AP magic. It's pretty interesting stuff.

sketchness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have never had AP taste gooey. Bready\nutty for sure though.

My ideas on "gooey" would be caramel with marshmallow and a little touch of cake batter.

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps more VG In the base composition and add some vanilla drops?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I thought I was told that acetyl pyrazine can give a gooey affect in an e juice. Is this right? The other ingredients I can figure but not the gooey one.

Forget about vapes for a minute and think of real foods you'd describe as gooey. Soft-cooked Tollhouse, caramel syrup, fudge... To me, "gooey" is always very sweet, and includes butter/oil/fat with the sweetness. Most of the time, it's butter + sugar, cooked - which is caramel/butterscotch.

Back to vapes and flavorings, if you want "gooey" you probably want some caramel/butterscotch. If you're avoiding diacetyl/subs by using FA, their versions are often not buttery-sweet enough. Acetyl pyrazine will take care of that, but it doesn't have to be straight-up ap. Check out this very gooey flavor with no TFA ap in the list: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-girl-scout-samoas.34564/ . But there is ap in there, from the Cookie, the walnut, and the coconut. It's like "stealth ap" when you put a bunch of flavorings that contain ap together like that. Some people can't stand to use TFA ap, but you can sneak it in like that, and they'll like it fine.

Most other brands of caramel/butterscotch type flavorings have diacetyl/subs for the gooey-sweet effect. With FA's diacetyl-free flavorings, ap from any source can give you the same effect. Interestingly, the sweeter it is, the goopier it tastes - so be sure you have some sweet flavorings in there. I use Vienna Cream a lot for that.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Forget about vapes for a minute and think of real foods you'd describe as gooey. Soft-cooked Tollhouse, caramel syrup, fudge... To me, "gooey" is always very sweet, and includes butter/oil/fat with the sweetness. Most of the time, it's butter + sugar, cooked - which is caramel/butterscotch.

Back to vapes and flavorings, if you want "gooey" you probably want some caramel/butterscotch. If you're avoiding diacetyl/subs by using FA, their versions are often not buttery-sweet enough. Acetyl pyrazine will take care of that, but it doesn't have to be straight-up ap. Check out this very gooey flavor with no TFA ap in the list: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-girl-scout-samoas.34564/ . But there is ap in there, from the Cookie, the walnut, and the coconut. It's like "stealth ap" when you put a bunch of flavorings that contain ap together like that. Some people can't stand to use TFA ap, but you can sneak it in like that, and they'll like it fine.

Most other brands of caramel/butterscotch type flavorings have diacetyl/subs for the gooey-sweet effect. With FA's diacetyl-free flavorings, ap from any source can give you the same effect. Interestingly, the sweeter it is, the goopier it tastes - so be sure you have some sweet flavorings in there. I use Vienna Cream a lot for that.
I made the Samoa recipe. Love it. I may take some hints from that. I thought that was how it was made gooey, along with his milkshake recipes.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I use Vienna Cream in about every recipe I make. I also use a lot of caramel and butterscotch. I think I have an idea.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for this. I did not realize those had AP in them. That is a great recipe. That adds a wrinkle of knowledge to things.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hic, say you were to add 4% coconut to something, for example. You wouldn't want to add AP due to the AP that is in that. Especially if some of the other flavors that have AP are in there, also.

I had to read your post twice to understand it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hic, say you were to add 4% coconut to something, for example. You wouldn't want to add AP due to the AP that is in that. Especially if some of the other flavors that have AP are in there, also.

I had to read your post twice to understand it.

Personally, I would never use that much FA Coconut. And it may or may not need some ap (straight and/or from other sources) depending on the flavor you're trying to get. But yes, I believe there's a little ap in FA Coconut.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I would never use that much FA Coconut. And it may or may not need some ap (straight and/or from other sources) depending on the flavor you're trying to get. But yes, I believe there's a little ap in FA Coconut.
That was just an example.

wayne.walkerr

Member For 4 Years
I've been working on a cookie dough for some time now. The gooeyness is something I was thinking about while mixing. Like HIC said, caramel, brown sugar, butterscotch, even custard, add a nice warmness and fullness.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, going to start on this when my big cylinder gets here to make new base.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been working on a cookie dough for some time now. The gooeyness is something I was thinking about while mixing. Like HIC said, caramel, brown sugar, butterscotch, even custard, add a nice warmness and fullness.
How is yours coming?

wayne.walkerr

Member For 4 Years
It's 90% there. Just trying to get this fucking chocolate right. Which I'm seriously having a hard time doing. I'm waiting on a few obscure flavorings to get here since the traditional ones aren't cutting it. Also, when you think of a bakery item, what makes them gooey? Egg right? Well that's why I recommend custard. It was the ingredient I needed to give my cookie dough that full and chewy feeling

VU Sponsors