Become a Patron!

Waffle Cone

crazycanuck

Member For 4 Years
I am a total noob to mixing but have found some awesome recipes here that saved me from buying numerous different flavours/manufactures and making drain cleaners. I recently got my Mom (69 years old) to quit smoking via vaping. She has liked some of the simple strawberry ice cream recipes. Does anyone have any advice on creating a waffle type cone to accompany the ice cream flavors? I want to keep the flavorings free of D/A/AP. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am a total noob to mixing but have found some awesome recipes here that saved me from buying numerous different flavours/manufactures and making drain cleaners. I recently got my Mom (69 years old) to quit smoking via vaping. She has liked some of the simple strawberry ice cream recipes. Does anyone have any advice on creating a waffle type cone to accompany the ice cream flavors? I want to keep the flavorings free of D/A/AP. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
There's http://diyordievaping.com/2015/10/23/fried-ice-cream-strawberry-cream/
Check out here he's great with recipes and might help with the flavor ur looking for .

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Pretty difficult to get a waffle cone flavor you can actually detect when mixing with fruits and/or Ice Cream flavors IMO.
Other than the sweetness maybe, which is the easy part.
Anything made with flour, or "bready" types, is tough to replicate, so the "Cookie angle" is probably the closest you'll get.
Possibly 0.5-1% TFA Brown Sugar + 2% INW Biscuit.
Or maybe CAP Sugar Cookie v1 but I think it's got some bad stuff in it, and the V2 version sucks, lol.
I'm kind of partial to 2-3% INW Shisha Strawberry + 2% INW Biscuit myself, good, different, and simple, although it's not Ice Cream.
Tastes more like Scones or Cookies IMO.
2-3% FA Fuji Apple + 2% FA Cookie is another simple one I really like.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man I love fuji apple, but I personally find it almost overpowering. I try to keep it at about 1% usually. Maybe it's just me but that apple is a powerful flavor. Having said that though, it is so delicious. Never tried it with cookie. I have to give that one a try, so thanks for that share Headbob. I like that it's simple too.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be ordering up some of these flavours now.

After thinking more on the Waffle Cone idea...
Some of the Waffle flavorings might work although I don't have much experience with them.
INW Waffle, (from what I've read it's quite strong).
I've only just recently tried the TFA Belgian Waffle and I'm still playing around with it.

Maybe it's just me but that apple is a powerful flavor.

Yup it's a strong one, and my favorite so far, (normally I'm just using 2%).
Also goes well with 2% INW Biscuit instead of FA Cookie.
But both seem to calm the Fuji down just a hint.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty difficult to get a waffle cone flavor you can actually detect when mixing with fruits and/or Ice Cream flavors IMO.
Other than the sweetness maybe, which is the easy part.
Anything made with flour, or "bready" types, is tough to replicate, so the "Cookie angle" is probably the closest you'll get.
Possibly 0.5-1% TFA Brown Sugar + 2% INW Biscuit.

Maybe it's just the carny in me,:) but I keep thinking perhaps .25-.5 of FA Joy (for it's sometimes "fried-sweet-bakery flavor) might be a possible addition to your fine suggestions?

Just wondering...

Ron
---
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."- B. B. King

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe it's just the carny in me,:) but I keep thinking perhaps .25-.5 of FA Joy (for it's sometimes "fried-sweet-bakery flavor) might be a possible addition to your fine suggestions?

Just wondering...

Ron
---
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."- B. B. King

I would agree with the FA Joy as well.

I make a Strawberry (buttery)Funnel Cake, and to get the funnel cake I add half as much Inawera Biscuit as I do the Joy and thats a good combo for me. Might be something to consider depending on what kind of waffle cone profile you're going for.

crazycanuck

Member For 4 Years
I had never even heard of Joy before today lol. I am guessing it is strong like other FA flavours. Would a good starting point be 1% FA Joy and 0.5% Inawera Biscuit?

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Joy is a strong flavor, use it sparingly! I use 2% Joy and 1% Biscuit, sometimes I go 2% and 2% depending on how rich I want it.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The DIYorDie Strawberry Ice cream cone recipe was very popular on a group I was part of. I say that as someone was selling it on there as his own recipe. Personally I have made the recipe and its good, but it aint no ice cream cone, its strawberry creamy ice cream and buttery graham cracker. I have tried several attempts at an ice cream cone myself but given up as none of them taste how I really want, I prefer a simple ice cream without the cone effort. Inawera Waffle smells EXACTLY like an ice cream cone, and it is nice but more like a burnt waffle cone type taste, literally 1 drop in every 10-20ml is enough. I have never tried but heard One on One flavourings sugar cone is nice.....personally I have found all there flavourings I have tried pretty dull though.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After thinking more on the Waffle Cone idea...
Some of the Waffle flavorings might work although I don't have much experience with them.
INW Waffle, (from what I've read it's quite strong).
I've only just recently tried the TFA Belgian Waffle and I'm still playing around with it.

Yup it's a strong one, and my favorite so far, (normally I'm just using 2%).
Also goes well with 2% INW Biscuit instead of FA Cookie.
But both seem to calm the Fuji down just a hint.

Hi heabob
Do you find the inw waffle to much to work with over Belgian waffle . I'm curious before purchase I have both in cart just need a little push . .karen

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi heabob
Do you find the inw waffle to much to work with over Belgian waffle . I'm curious before purchase I have both in cart just need a little push . .karen

Don't have the INW Waffle yet, it's on my wish list for next order, sorry.

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you been
The DIYorDie Strawberry Ice cream cone recipe was very popular on a group I was part of. I say that as someone was selling it on there as his own recipe. Personally I have made the recipe and its good, but it aint no ice cream cone, its strawberry creamy ice cream and buttery graham cracker. I have tried several attempts at an ice cream cone myself but given up as none of them taste how I really want, I prefer a simple ice cream without the cone effort. Inawera Waffle smells EXACTLY like an ice cream cone, and it is nice but more like a burnt waffle cone type taste, literally 1 drop in every 10-20ml is enough. I have never tried but heard One on One flavourings sugar cone is nice.....personally I have found all there flavourings I have tried pretty dull though.
I'm sorry you can't find this so diy or die isn't like a sugar cone X was just going to make . One on one I'm interested if it's better . Maybe another group had tried and see there opinion . Reddit .com maybe .. Please let me know I would love to try I find one for a https://www.reddit.com
holy_cannoli sounds interesting
Karen

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lots of people love the diyordie cone. May be just I don't really get biscuit or cone flavourings with my tastebuds. It is definitely a good starting point for you to try and you can always try adding the other cone flavourings if it doesn't work for you, as all the diyordie flavourings are ones you would use in lots of other recipes, stuff like inw waffle and OOO sugar cone you might not, if that makes sense.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have the INW Waffle yet, it's on my wish list for next order, sorry.
I just ordered INW Waffle today. I'll let you know how works out. Out of all the stuff I have coming I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm hoping it's as good as Biscuit and possibly mixing the two together.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ice cream cones!!!
200.gif

crazycanuck

Member For 4 Years
Glad I checked back today. I will follow the lead and order some INW Waffle myself. I did mix up Wayne's Strawberry Cone and it is very good. I do like his take on the cone but am really wanting a waffle cone flavour.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine in today and mixed
VBIC:D(CAP) 4%
Sweet Cream(CAP) 2%
Waffle(INW) 1%
Biscuit(INW) .5%
Shisha Vanilla(INW) .5% (new to me flavor)

It smells great, but only time will tell how it taste. You know damn well I'll shake and smell that bottle for at least a week. Waiting...
Wanting... While filled whit desire.:teehee:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got mine in today and mixed
Sweet Cream(CAP) 2%
Waffle(INW) 1%
Biscuit(INW) .5%

It smells great, but only time will tell how it taste. You know damn well I'll shake and smell that bottle for at least a week. Waiting...
Wanting... While filled whit desire.:teehee:

Got my stuff today also, just now getting around to opening, had to mow the grass first:(.

1% Waffle, Yikes...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my stuff today also, just now getting around to opening, had to mow the grass first:(.

1% Waffle, Yikes...
I did the grass yesterday. Yeah it does smell a tad strong, but..
I hope it's a real strong flavor seeing it's over $4 a bottle

crazycanuck

Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately I live on Vancouver Island Canada. Not that thats unfortunate lol but our dollar sucks compared to the US dollar. One good thing is i will add Shisha Vanilla (INW) to the order. Never tried it before. Love this site.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unfortunately I live on Vancouver Island Canada. Not that thats unfortunate lol but our dollar sucks compared to the US dollar. One good thing is i will add Shisha Vanilla (INW) to the order. Never tried it before. Love this site.

Shisha Strawberry, Peach, Mango, & Cherimoya should be on your list too:D.
(I mean, it's a bit less shipping costs if you just get them all in one shot);).

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did the grass yesterday. Yeah it does smell a tad strong, but..
I hope it's a real strong flavor seeing it's over $4 a bottle

Lol, I just had read a post where they were using it as a 10% dilution is all.
(Although I don't think it's that strong)
Did a drip taste on my finger and tasted waffles for about an hour.
Not a bad thing tho, flavor is pretty good...

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I just had read a post where they were using it as a 10% dilution is all.
(Although I don't think it's that strong)
Did a drip taste on my finger and tasted waffles for about an hour.
Not a bad thing tho, flavor is pretty good...
Yeah. At 1% it takes awhile for the waffle to leave the wick. I'm thinking .25% will be my next try. It is VERY tasty and dead on waffle.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying the mix I made now after 6 days.
Sweet Cream(CAP) 2%
Waffle(INW) 1%
Biscuit(INW) .5%

The creams and vanilla are starting to come together and the waffle has melded in rather nicely. The 1% waffle is working. I'm actually really enjoying this mix. Go figure. Although, I feel, if it wasn't for the creams, 1% INW Waffle would have been waaaaaay too much.
EDIT: Kinda taste like the last few bites of a Nutty Buddy.
On a side note: I think INW Shisha Vanilla has just became my favorite vanilla compared to the 3 FA offers.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors