Become a Patron!

VV / VW Question

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, it may be a dumb noob question.

I have an MVP (11 watt / 5 volt) and am patiently awaiting the release of the iTaste 50 watt.

I wanted to know, how does VV / VW function work? Are both volts and watts used at the same time or does the mod switch back and forth between VV / VW depending on the setting that I select.

Been wondering this for a while.

Also, I just started using my new Subtank today with my MVP, it's set to 11 watts. Would the Subtank vape better on 5.0 volts or should I just leave it on 11w?

Thanks,
Ki||@

FuryHax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure about the itaste 50w for sure but I own the 20w. You have to adjust the watts and volts which is a pain in the ass. I use the sx mini 350 60w which is my day to day. it automatically adjust volts according to watts desire d and ohms. I dont ever recommend innokin...

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
look at it this way...
you have an atomizer with a fixed resistance coil...say, the subtank, for instance, and its 1.2 ohms...
with a variable voltage device, you would start at the lowest voltage setting, and adjust the voltage until you got the vape you liked,say 4.1 volts...that would be 14 watts, theoretically. if you changed the atomizer out to the .5 ohm coil head and applied the 4.1 volts to that resistance would be vaping at 33.6 watts...
with variable wattage you can vape at a desired wattage and the electronics on the board in the battery would read your atomizer resistance and do the math to apply the voltage you would need for your desired wattage...that way , if you liked to vape at 15 watts, you can do so across a wide range of atomizer resistances...set it and forget it, if you will

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Variable mod's allow the user to adjust either the voltage or the wattage of the device they are using... You don't adjust both, you adjust one or the other and then the other one changes according to what resistance your atomizer has. The adjustments are described by ohm's law....

power ( watts ) = voltage squared divided by the resistance.

Also note that each device has it's own limitations that it will work with/within. You can't exceed any of them... you can only work within what they allow. Let's say that differently... if you want to change the voltage output... you can only change it as much as the wattage limitation, amp limitation and/or the resistance values will allow. The MVP limits that I know are ... wattage is 6w-11w... voltage is 3.3v - 5v .... I'm uncertain what it's resistance range it works with or what it's amp limits are... but they are also part of it and can't be exceeded. So you can set your wattage anywhere between 6w-11w as long as the voltage remains within the 3.3v-5v range and you aren't outside the resistance range it can work within or exceed the amperage limit it has. Or you can set your voltage within it's range as long as you don't exceed the wattage range, resistance range or amp limit.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
5v, 11w and 3.5amps are the MVP's limitations. It will not exceed any of those limits regardless of the setting you select.

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5v, 11w and 3.5amps are the MVP's limitations. It will not exceed any of those limits regardless of the setting you select.

Right, I thought about that after I posted my question. My calculations were based on the theoretical calculations per the website / Ohm's Law.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought an IPV3 because I wanted more power but I still use it to vape at 3.7 volts on most of my hardware, even drippers. Your tank might be pretty good at 3.6 volts, the battery just won't last long. I use the MVP as a backup now.

VU Sponsors