Become a Patron!

VU Live watchers vote to remove VapingMilitia Advocacy Show!

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched in horror this evening, in the middle of the Vaping Militia weekly advocacy simulcast show, NitroBex and Lucidious Rage entered the room. Lucidious took over the audio and asked the viewers to vote on whether they wanted the show off air. The vote was very close, but advocacy went out the window! I went along with it! I did not stick around to hear Joes response. I am assuming that VU Live viewers or staff do not support the advocacy efforts of the Vaping Militia. No free shit, not enough viewers? This should serve as a notice to all other hosts that have broken from their old networks. Mods and viewers can boot you in a moments notice, if you are not bringing in the viewers for them! :( As far as advocacy goes, if this is the popular attitude, you will watch your networks, businesses, jobs, hobbies and vaping disappear, for ever!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They were playing on other networks at the same time.
it wasn't like they cancelled the broadcast.
those who wanted to watch switched to nova.
it wasn't real hard, for some it was i guess?

other shows have been playing on both networks at the same time too.
theDarkroom - with hosts Vapeography & DevilishlyAngelic1
they would give one prise to a vu viewer, then the next to a person in nova chat, etc...

http://www.vapingundergroundlive.com/schedule.html

Vaping Militia - "Simulcast"

"Simulcast" means playing on more than one network.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
si·mul·cast
ˈsīməlˌkast/
noun
noun: simulcast; plural noun: simulcasts
a simultaneous transmission of the same program on radio and television, or on two or more channels.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
When they asked if they could simulcast we said yes BUT they had to have a representative monitor OUR chat room which they failed to do, So since this show is simulcasted on other networks, and they failed to comply with our agreement we will fill that time slot with another show.
PS they are more then welcome to broadcast Live from our Network

Joe Barnett

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Show Host
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
When they asked if they could simulcast we said yes BUT they had to have a representative monitor OUR chat room which they failed to do, So since this show is simulcasted on other networks, and they failed to comply with our agreement we will fill that time slot with another show.
PS they are more then welcome to broadcast Live from our Network

Actually we were monitoring, but it does not matter. The viewers wanted something else. We see it all the time no one cares about what we have to say until it directly effects them. Thank you for the offer but we will be found on the militia channel. The general apathy of vapers concerning this is the issue, not where this broadcast can be seen. Thank you for the opportunity but as far as i am concerned this issue is closed there is so much else that deserves the attention.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
[QUO TE="SMOKIE, p ost: 1962.24, member: 7"]When they asked if they could simulcast we said yes BUT they had to have a representative monitor OUR chat room which they failed to do, So since this show is simulcasted on other networks, and they failed to comply with our agreement we will fill that time slot with another show.
PS they are more then welcome to broadcast Live from our Network[/QUOTE]
I was told after posting this that they were monitoring the chat which a I did not see when logged in, my apologies if you were.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I think it would be best to send us each weeks show recording so we can re play it on our network instead.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree with Joe Barnett. And, thankfully, I was able to continue watching the show, which is frankly, the show I am most interested in watching. Joe P announced that VULive would be carrying the show. To remove it midstream, by polling the viewers in the room seemed extremely unprofessional, to me. I was active in your chat room, attempting to educate your viewers. One of them has no idea that the FDA will have control over their state laws. I also heard that one of your board members was active in a chat that concerned his state, and will also impact his business. These are important issues that concern everyone who vapes and those that care about vapers. We need all the help we can get!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree with Joe Barnett. And, thankfully, I was able to continue watching the show, which is frankly, the show I am most interested in watching. Joe P announced that VULive would be carrying the show. To remove it midstream, by polling the viewers in the room seemed extremely unprofessional, to me. I was active in your chat room, attempting to educate your viewers. One of them has no idea that the FDA will have control over their state laws. I also heard that one of your board members was active in a chat that concerned his state, and will also impact his business. These are important issues that concern everyone who vapes and those that care about vapers. We need all the help we can get!
Yes I admit in it was kind of tacky pulling the broadcast down mid stream but there may have been good reason for doing so. But also please remember the simulcast was on aired on other networks at the same time for vapers to watch. We will regroup on this issue with figuring out a way so all will be happy. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, our apologies.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your apology, Smokie! I appreciate it. I do think it was more than just "kind of" tacky. I know ratings are important and unfortunately, this show is not pulling in nearly enough viewers. I think the way it was done gives the impression that your network is not interested in advocacy. I am very passionate about advocacy, hence my vocalism. I do hope the board will get together and get involved in some way, it is desperately needed. I was viewing the simulcast on your network, to support you. Thankfully, there are other outlets, that makes me happy. The question for your network is, how will you address this need for advocacy and boots on the ground?

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to add that I am a relatively new vaper, only a little over 8 months. I tuned into the vaping militia Chanel to ask a question one night of something that concerns me. I have been wanting to join the militia but had a few questions. I believe the casters name was Papa. It was late one night and I had been searching on the web for a public listing of their financial records, but could not find any. The night I tuned in this guy had his head thrown back on the couch, looked totally out of it, was watching tv and took forever to answer my question if he was a Militia Member. I asked if they were attending the open forum by the FDA in December, he had no idea what I was talking about. He couldn't answer any of my questions, and frankly acted like I was interrupting whatever it was he was watching on TV.

I do like one caster, The MonkeySquad! And he has answered several of my questions. I understand from him that they will basically work with any vaper that has pending legislation in their area so they can speak to their city council or what have you. My concern is this..where does all the money go that is donated to the militia,

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damwow, I have no idea who these people are. Their show is on most Sundays from 6-8 eastern. They usually stick to an agenda about what is going on cencerning legislation around the country. It can be hard to get your questions answered there. Perhaps you could find what you are looking for on their web site, or ask on facebook. They are also on twitter, but you are limited to short messages there. It is free to join on facebook. You could also message Joe B whose message is above. They also have a phone number you can call. They travel to national vape meets, mostly sponsored by vendors. If you have a local ban coming up, they can walk you through what to do. They also do a radio show on Fridays, replays can be accessed on their web site, along with any past shows. The American Vaping Association with Greg Conley is also involved in advocacy as is CASAA. There are a few others, but most of them are more for vendors. I am happy to see that someone is taking an interest. To only stockpile supplies for yourself leaves all the potential vapers out in the cold.

VU Sponsors