Become a Patron!

VT75 Nano battery cover

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So, if you have one, you know that the battery cover is about the only thing you can complain about. For those that don't know, the battery cover is basically shaped like a wafer battery or coin with threads on the outside perimeter.

It's very difficult to start threading and very tight, not a smooth turn at all. So what is everyone doing to replace the battery? Obviously liquid lubricant is a no-no, but what about powders? Or is everyone just charging in-mod through the USB?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't have one so I really don't know but Silicone lube is non-conductive so a bit on the threads may help. Also I've used a bit of bar soap on my mechanical mods to loosen tight threads. Just a tiny bit is all that's needed. Hope this helps.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the nano and the battery cap really sucks, thought I would break it getting it off and back on, but managed to get battery in it, and now only charging via usb, wish they had stuck with the same design as the full size VT, as have no problems with that.

Nolax is meant to be good for threading, and have some from my mech days, but not risked trying to get the battery cap back off yet.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hope they address this issue. I would like to get one.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might be wrong but I swear I read somewhere it can't be charged via USB. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I might be wrong but I swear I read somewhere it can't be charged via USB. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't know for sure. It doesn't sound right to me though. Everything charges with escribe.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I figured out where I thought I saw that and it wasn't the nano.. Grimm Greens latest video is on the VT75 26650 version and he says no charging through the USB. Don't know if he is right, wrong, or if that only applies to the 26650 version.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I figured out where I thought I saw that and it wasn't the nano.. Grimm Greens latest video is on the VT75 26650 version and he says no charging through the USB. Don't know if he is right, wrong, or if that only applies to the 26650 version.

He's wrong, have the full size black VT75 since it came out and always charged it via usb port with a 26650 in it.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks guys. I like the chapstick idea, going to have to pick up a tube.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Noalox is what you want. Try Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit NO-OX-ID A Special is also supposed to be good

Last edited:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The tab on my battery door broke off. I was still able to work it off, change my battery to one I feel safer with long term, and then I turned it back down snug and will charge through USB until I hear back from my vendor or HCigar about any options.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors