Become a Patron!

VOOPOO Alpha One 222W TC Box Mod “Review” / My View

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was lucky enough to win this VOOPOO Alpha One from Heaven Gifts. I am not sure if you want to call this a typical review. There have been many at the time I won this. It is more of my thoughts after a week of usage. This will not in any way, cause me to give this mod a favorable “review” or influence my opinion in any way.

Specifications:
Material: Zinc Alloy
Wattage: 5-222W
Size: 89.5*54*25mm
Battery: 2*18650(Support balance charging)
Output Voltage Range: 0-7.5V
Lowest Resistance in power mode: 0.05ohm
Lowest Resistance in TC mode: 0.05ohm
New function: Love Mode: 160W – 222W
TC Mode: SS,NI,TI,NC

How it is packaged:

The Voopoo Alpha One comes in a box like a drawer. On the top tier of the box, you will find the mod. Pull the top tier out and on the bottom tier of the box, there will be a USB cable, user manual and your warranty card.
YhDFx2v.jpg
Oamkz1J.jpg

Description:

The VOOPOO Alpha One 222W TC Box Mod features the US Gene Chipset. The Gene Chip offers a full temperature control, with 222W max power and a firing speed of 0.025 seconds. They introduced a “LOVE” Mode and it was added to cater to those individuals who vape high wattage, it is recommended to use this mode once you’re in the range of 160 to 222W. From my understanding it makes high wattage vaping smoother for the individual. Along with this you have 5 memory slots, and customization with the Voopoo PC software.

The Voopoo software is very basic and very user friendly, it will allow you to make changes to any of the screens, update your firmware, add power curves and adjust vaping time-out.

Color Options: Black, Gray and Pearl Chrome
CYZrXmy.jpg
LPwrQ9e.jpg

Operation:

I would consider the menu to be very user friendly; you could call it a easy menu system. Click fire button 5 times to turn on or off. Click the fire button 3 times to switch between watts, SS, NI or TI. If you hold the + and fire button it will lock or unlock. In TC mode you can adjust wattage by clicking fire button 4 times. If you hold the + and – buttons at same time you have access to your modes, TCR, 5 memory slots, Love mode, voltage mode and check your firmware. Also if you hold the – and fire button at same time it will flip your screen orientation.

A week of usage:

I have been hearing how good the Gene chip is at TC is out of the box. So that is where I started. I have to say it did not let me down. I have been using a duel 10 wrap 316L, 0.25 ohms @ 48W and 490 F. The next thing I tried is a power curve. Again it did not let me down; it is quite easy to set up with the software which is a nice plus. I haven’t used it too much different than everyone else that has had the pleaser to try this mod out so not sure how much I can add to this section. I will add a nice future this mod has is when you put on a new atty in power mode it will automatically adjust the watts to a recommended setting .
hwgEOat.jpg
xQCFWhz.jpg

Overall

I love the Alpha 1. It is accurate in both power and TC mode and it is very well built. They seemed to of thought about everyone with this one. If a beginner; you will be able to find how you like to vape and grow into an exhalent mod. If a high wattage vaper they even have a mode for you specifically. Then there is everything in between. It just does everything well. I like the PC software and how easy it is to use. My hope is as Voopoo evolves they update this software and expand it. It looks like they have a nice program started. Very few mods in this price range will give you all the options one would need and boast a 95% efficiency rating.

The one thing I must warn you about is this. I updated my firmware via the website. When I did this my mod would turn off if in sleep mode too long. Not sure the time out limit but it was quite annoying. I installed original firmware and left it alone. I hope they fix that or give you the option to turn it off.

So if you can get by the retro look, I think it looks like a Walkman. It has been compared to your old audio equipment to a old server or computer. You know a fancy computer that has two disk compartments. J I know I am showing my age. You will find yourself with one amazing mod. Don’t let looks fool you. It is conformable to hold, the clean lines and corners don’t bother your hands.

You can get the mod here: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/222W-VOOPOO-Alpha-One.html

You can get the firmware / PC Software here: http://en.voopootech.com/download-support

Thanks
Ray

VU Sponsors