Become a Patron!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually seriously started considering this back in the late 90's. Was working as a Senior Consultant setting up gateway security all over for a major Network Security Company, mostly in N. America but also some in S. America and Europe. I was lucky to get 3-4 days off a month, was burning myself out. I got stuck in a Blizzard in the Mid West so was chatting with the Bartender at the Hotel. Come to find out he used to be a Director at a major Insurance Company till he quit. I asked him he made a ton more money though, he responds yep. Then it hit me immediately, and asked him "you're much happier now though" and of course he says "yep". That has stuck with me for a long time. After I got screwed hard by a couple of corporations literally no life and killing myself I said no more. I've been preparing for the last 10 years for next year and the rest of my life. I'm in no way going to be rich, far from it. But what I do have I can take care of the base necessities while I live simply. That is no car, no Cable TV, live in downtown urban areas I can easily do it, especially outside of the US. I'm going to work because I want to, not because I have to.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Threw the Voltrove on the triple 18650 series PWM today, but it still wasn't doing it for me like the HoG. I love PWM mods, in fact, they're all I prefer to use anymore. I don't fuck with temp control because I like my temperature to be volcanic, so I can get the benefits of regulation without the possible fuck ups that most regulated boards and such have. A 555 timer and a mosfet is a lot easier to fix (not that I've ever had to, even once, all my shit has held up famously) than a Chinese board. Also, I love that RNGNGNGGGGNGGGG rattlesnake noise PWM mods often make, it annoys most but I enjoy it. Though ever since the HoG showed up, I can't stop using it.

That firing button on the HoG is addictive to press. Firm yet smooth on the throw, for a clone this thing is made damned well.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Threw the Voltrove on the triple 18650 series PWM today, but it still wasn't doing it for me like the HoG. I love PWM mods, in fact, they're all I prefer to use anymore. I don't fuck with temp control because I like my temperature to be volcanic, so I can get the benefits of regulation without the possible fuck ups that most regulated boards and such have. A 555 timer and a mosfet is a lot easier to fix (not that I've ever had to, even once, all my shit has held up famously) than a Chinese board. Also, I love that RNGNGNGGGGNGGGG rattlesnake noise PWM mods often make, it annoys most but I enjoy it. Though ever since the HoG showed up, I can't stop using it.

That firing button on the HoG is addictive to press. Firm yet smooth on the throw, for a clone this thing is made damned well.
A good pwm like a 555 or a raptor it's a beautiful thing specially if you can build a .06 or .08 without blowing the bitch up

Set it on your desired voltage and gorgeous flavorful clouds..... There is nothing like a pwm cloud..... Super thick and juice..... It's controlled power that pulsates rather than hot and burning your cotton......

Yeah I love pwm mods..... I just haven't had the money to spend $200 or $250 on a nice raptor......

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't wait for the Voltrove, I can't wait. ... Nope the Voltrove is on it's way, me too I'm on the way.... The Voltrove is coming.....

I'm changing the name of it To.... " Voltron" sounds more Transformer like......

Yeah it's on its way..... Man now I can't sleep..... Neither Inspects, I can see him running to the mailbox every hour.........

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep, it's very well built. I'm very impressed, so much so I got another for a backup

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yep, it's very well built. I'm very impressed, so much so I got another for a backup

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The contacts are absolute piss, but I knew that before I got it. I know someone who owns a clone who accidentally fucked up the polarity one day and got a mild short / arc. It melted two of his entire contacts off. This is why I plan on replacing them with my own. They appear to be cheap nickel contacts, which wouldn't surprise me. It STILL is a clone, after all. Costs have to be cut somewhere.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The contacts are absolute piss, but I knew that before I got it. I know someone who owns a clone who accidentally fucked up the polarity one day and got a mild short / arc. It melted two of his entire contacts off. This is why I plan on replacing them with my own. They appear to be cheap nickel contacts, which wouldn't surprise me. It STILL is a clone, after all. Costs have to be cut somewhere.
Let me know how you take it apart, I myself would like to do the same. I'm just not sure how to break the bitch down.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The bottom contact plate is the one I intend on swapping, as the top contacts are more than sufficient. The plate just pops out after unscrewing, the rest is a mix of unscrewing and prying and it's a bitch to get into the top / 510 / button assembly area. Though not impossible.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
And if you want to know how to make your own contacts, simply get a sheet of copper of silver roughly the size and thickness of the HoG V3 plate (the square part), drill holes in it to allow the screw seating, and then solder silver/copper contacts onto the plate. Then screw it down, boom. New, better contacts.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if you want to know how to make your own contacts, simply get a sheet of copper of silver roughly the size and thickness of the HoG V3 plate (the square part), drill holes in it to allow the screw seating, and then solder silver/copper contacts onto the plate. Then screw it down, boom. New, better contacts.
Rocco is not into fixing anything, he's into Tango......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottom contact plate is the one I intend on swapping, as the top contacts are more than sufficient. The plate just pops out after unscrewing, the rest is a mix of unscrewing and prying and it's a bitch to get into the top / 510 / button assembly area. Though not impossible.
I'm suspecting though that these from 3FVape are off the same factory line as who makes the Authentic's. I've gotten other Vaperz Cloud Clones from them and compared them to my Authentic's, the X1 and the VCP, you pretty much cannot tell the difference. I've done an extremely close inspection and they are the same except for very minute difference's.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rocco is not into fixing anything, he's into Tango......

tango_zpsv1u7ssjq.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm suspecting though that these from 3FVape are off the same factory line as who makes the Authentic's. I've gotten other Vaperz Cloud Clones from them and compared them to my Authentic's, the X1 and the VCP, you pretty much cannot tell the difference. I've done an extremely close inspection and they are the same except for very minute difference's.

The only difference I can see between the clone and authentic is that the authentic has the polarity lining in the sled in a stainless, silver finish. The clones have it in black, at least the black does.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice..... Cool t-shirt .... I love anything with a skull.....

Yeah I've got the T and it's one of my favorites.

When I got laid off from when I was Consulting I was out of work for 3 years, lost everything (it was like a fire). Anyway this go around I made it a point to get back to my simple roots. I pretty much live in T-Shirts and Carhart's, don't give a shit about "professional wear" or clothes for that matter. I've only got a couple of things I can dress up in and they're pretty basic ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to replace the 510 on the HOG, that adjustment screw is just one fucked up piece of shit.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I agree, I hate adjustment screws in general. It seems like it would be easy as piss to change the 510's, though you'll probably have to add your own wiring for it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, I hate adjustment screws in general. It seems like it would be easy as piss to change the 510's, though you'll probably have to add your own wiring for it.
Yeah it looks that way.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to replace the 510 on the HOG, that adjustment screw is just one fucked up piece of shit.
I'm not having any issues with it, but then again you don't like the manual adjusting 510 and prefer spring if I remember right.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you ever figure a way to install a self adjust 510 please post it

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I mind it because I have the misfortune of the adjustment screw adjusting itself when I thread and unthread atomizers, so even if I get it set right it ends up fucked up within 30 minutes anyway.

Fuck wiring, go with solid contacts for fully Mechanical ;)

I agree, when possible. With the HoG, though, it seems like it would be rather difficult to do a contact plate type of connection as opposed to wire and solder.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juices are going now, save some headache. I have a Nephew that has his own CnC business, we've worked out a deal for my 66 Caddy he wants for some machining work.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fuck wiring, go with solid contacts for fully Mechanical ;)
But what's fucked is you have that elongated box to work with, which is a pain in the ass. I'm not sure how it could be done without tearing the sides apart.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm a good fixer myself, all my childhood was spent tearing shit up because I had no idea what pacing was, only to have to resort to fixing it myself due to my lower class status at the time back in Serbia. Came out to be a nice skill, us tinkerers keep the world moving.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a good fixer myself, all my childhood was spent tearing shit up because I had no idea what pacing was, only to have to resort to fixing it myself due to my lower class status at the time back in Serbia. Came out to be a nice skill, us tinkerers keep the world moving.
I do it because I'm cheap and find it challenging to make it better......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, same here. Thing about growing up poor you learn how to figure shit out and fix it yourself. Shit I work for the top Networking Company in the world, most all of my peers have advanced degree's. I never went to collage, I just figured the shit out ;)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
If only half the world could just figure the shit out, we'd be living in a better time.

Just learned that vapers aren't the only group the FDA is happily fisting, my boyfriend informed me that his favorite colored contact lens vendor stopped shipping to the US entirely due to new FDA regulations. Wow, what won't they fuck with?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If only half the world could just figure the shit out, we'd be living in a better time.

Just learned that vapers aren't the only group the FDA is happily fisting, my boyfriend informed me that his favorite colored contact lens vendor stopped shipping to the US entirely due to new FDA regulations. Wow, what won't they fuck with?
But Monsanto has fast track approval to shit out their DNA hacked poison seeds ................
All about Money which is only the tool that the world elite use to control the peasants.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My mother bought me a long sleeve shirt for my High school graduation...

Six months later I got a hole on my elbow...... Well the shirt became a short sleeve shirt and later I got a hole under an armpit.... Well the shirt became a pajama top......

Then a year later in late 80's I lost a couple of lower buttons, then she cut the bottom off and became one of those cutoff sport shirts.....

I was poor....

My mom for breakfast gave me a cereal bowl, guess what..... No cereal just a couple of funyuns in there.......

I grew up poor..... So I make the best of everything.....

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mother bought me a long sleeve shirt for my High school graduation...

Six months later I got a hole on my elbow...... Well the shirt became a short sleeve shirt and later I got a hole under an armpit.... Well the shirt became a pajama top......

Then a year later in late 80's I lost a couple of lower buttons, then she cut the bottom off and became one of those cutoff sport shirts.....

I was poor....

My mom for breakfast gave me a cereal bowl, guess what..... No cereal just a couple of funyuns in there.......

I grew up poor..... So I make the best of everything.....

Shit I grew up so poor if I woke up in the morning without a hardon I had nothing to play with for the rest of the day ;)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit I grew up so poor if I woke up in the morning without a hardon I had nothing to play with for the rest of the day ;)
Well my dad divorced my mom when she was 6 months pregnant with me... She was riding the bus in Boston when they announced JFK was assassinated.... She was (6) months pregnant with me and fainted with the news..... She was injured on the forehead from the fall, and was in the hospital when I was born in February 1964

She worked 30 years for the Southland Corporation (7-11) to support (2) kids...

We lived from expired food she was allowed to take home..... Food stamps and WIC.... Back then it was rations of rice,beans,cheese, dry powder milk...

She was robbed (4 or 5) times, she passed away as a bi polar schizophrenic, FBI and government agencies following her for years.... She thought......

At 17 I was an assistant manager at Burger King and brought all the fries and cheeseburgers home to help feed my mom and my little brother.......

No joke .... I had it rough....

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my dad divorced my mom when she was 6 months pregnant with me... She was riding the bus in Boston when they announced JFK was assassinated.... She was (6) months pregnant with me and fainted with the news..... She was injured on the forehead from the fall, and was in the hospital when I was born in February 1964

She worked 30 years for the Southland Corporation (7-11) to support (2) kids...

We lived from expired food she was allowed to take home..... Food stamps and WIC.... Back then it was rations of rice,beans,cheese, dry powder milk...

She was robbed (4 or 5) times, she passed away as a bi polar schizophrenic, FBI and government agencies following her for years.... She thought......

At 17 I was an assistant manager at Burger King and brought all the fries and cheeseburgers home to help feed my mom and my little brother.......

No joke .... I had it rough....

Mine is a little bit different, parents divorced when I was around 7 after my Fathers fucked up family set out to destroy him due to jealousy. Mom married a violent alcoholic and I had to live through that hell. After he took after me with a shotgun for trying to protect my Mom I was moved up to live with my Dad. He never recovered from his family fucking him. Grew up living on Church and State Welfare, large family yadda, yadda. We really had to fend for ourselves as soon as we hit teenage years. He always made sure we had food on the table even though getting evicted from homes was never any fun. He was a good man though, did what he could but he was just too trusting and continually got fucked, he could have had worse faults. Anyway I ended up doing what I could for him later in life, hell I took him on the only 3 vacations he'd ever had in his life, miss the old fart.

Fast food, shit started working at fast food around 15, that's how I got my meals. Back then getting paid minimum wage food was included during your shift. In any case I've traveled to some extent through 3rd world country's, we were lucky my friend. Something about walking down the street and seeing people literally starving on the street, yes we are very fortunate.

I'm actually proud growing up the way I did, it gave me the drive to push forward and it also keeps me humble ya know.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is a little bit different, parents divorced when I was around 7 after my Fathers fucked up family set out to destroy him due to jealousy. Mom married a violent alcoholic and I had to live through that hell. After he took after me with a shotgun for trying to protect my Mom I was moved up to live with my Dad. He never recovered from his family fucking him. Grew up living on Church and State Welfare, large family yadda, yadda. We really had to fend for ourselves as soon as we hit teenage years. He always made sure we had food on the table even though getting evicted from homes was never any fun. He was a good man though, did what he could but he was just too trusting and continually got fucked, he could have had worse faults. Anyway I ended up doing what I could for him later in life, hell I took him on the only 3 vacations he'd ever had in his life, miss the old fart.

Fast food, shit started working at fast food around 15, that's how I got my meals. Back then getting paid minimum wage food was included during your shift. In any case I've traveled to some extent through 3rd world country's, we were lucky my friend. Something about walking down the street and seeing people literally starving on the street, yes we are very fortunate.

I'm actually proud growing up the way I did, it gave me the drive to push forward and it also keeps me humble ya know.
Remember those days.... My mom left due to alcohol.... It destroys families.. I also remember working for $2.69 per hour..... Min. Wage... Yeah man I can tell on Vaping Underground there are sincere people..... That's why I get along with Inspects and yourself Rocco....But enough about bad times.....

Let's talk vape gear !!!!!!

Remember that loss can even reveal moments of meaning and beauty !!!!!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember those days.... My mom left due to alcohol.... It destroys families.. I also remember working for $2.69 per hour..... Min. Wage... Yeah man I can tell on Vaping Underground there are sincere people..... That's why I get along with Inspects and yourself Rocco....But enough about bad times.....

Let's talk vape gear !!!!!!

Hell yeah, it's my addict..... I mean Passion!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL..... Vaping gives me something to keep my head clear..... And it's fun .... Ask all these mother fuckers here..... Ha

Yep, nic keeps me going, keeps the head clear AND keeps me from going Postal on stupid fuckers I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Me I find my Zen moment when I'm spinning wire, wrapping coils, wicking and then Vaping the fruits of my labor. Oh the satisfaction and I'm damn sure I'm certainly not going to have those Whores of Big Pharma in Government take it away!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, nic keeps me going, keeps the head clear AND keeps me from going Postal on stupid fuckers I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Me I find my Zen moment when I'm spinning wire, wrapping coils, wicking and then Vaping the fruits of my labor. Oh the satisfaction and I'm damn sure I'm certainly not going to have those Whores of Big Pharma in Government take it away!
I got Inspects making his own juice.... LOL..... He is so proud of himself, made today a fruit mix .... He can't believe how easy and how tasty it is when you make your own.......

Now he saves money on juice to buy more vape stuff......

In an apocalypse Inspects is the man to find...... He will be black marketing the stuff......

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to have to get a measuring tape on it tomorrow. The smok gx350 has a raised screen and I'm not sure it will fit.

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope just put an avacado24 on it and there's like 2 mm to spare. That sucks. Can you recommed the best mod to pair the 40mm with?

VU Sponsors