Become a Patron!

VG NEWB

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i went to Walmart to get some VG, it says loosen control if ingested...
I mixed it and hit some nice clouds compared to my pg based liquid.
Just want to reassure this stuff IS SAFE.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 24

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Poisen control. Stupid auto correct.

Here is a cloud with the mix

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My freezer is full of the grocery store variety, been mixing with it for months. Tastes good, no death. ;)

i just wasnt sure it was the correct kind, i never even seen it before i went and picked it up! and yes, it really does not mess my taste up to bad at all!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do. It's right in there with PG and nic. You just have to let it get to room temperature (or close to it) before you can work with it. It doesn't freeze, but the consistency gets thicker.

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
where do you get nic and pg?

pg is a laxative from my understanding?

could i possible just make a 100 percent vg liquid?

i am thinking maybe 90vg 10pg.
with a little niq

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, propylene glycol is not a laxative. It functions as a flavor "carrier" in eliquid, as well as many liquid products in your kitchen, i.e. vanilla extract, drink mixes, etc. It is also an ingredient in asthma inhalers.
I order pg from Bull City Vapor. Harder to find in stores than vg. I get nicotine from Vaperstek.org and Nicotine River.com. That's me, there are other vendors for different fluids, but those are my faves.
You can do 100% vg, but flavor will be lacking and most coils won't handle 100% very well.

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, propylene glycol is not a laxative. It functions as a flavor "carrier" in eliquid, as well as many liquid products in your kitchen, i.e. vanilla extract, drink mixes, etc. It is also an ingredient in asthma inhalers.
I order pg from Bull City Vapor. Harder to find in stores than vg. I get nicotine from Vaperstek.org and Nicotine River.com. That's me, there are other vendors for different fluids, but those are my faves.
You can do 100% vg, but flavor will be lacking and most coils won't handle 100% very well.

So I can use regular vanilla extract in my vape liquid I see?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not advisable. Some vanilla extracts aren't pure and have other additives you may not want. And none will give you the same vanilla flavor as a flavor concentrate.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i went to Walmart to get some VG, it says loosen control if ingested...
I mixed it and hit some nice clouds compared to my pg based liquid.
Just want to reassure this stuff IS SAFE.

Thanks in advance
Is that found in the pharmacy area of the store, or in the grocery side?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the Food City where I get it, it's right around the band-aids and other bandages.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one time I tried to get it at Walmart, it was in the pharmacy, but they were out. I think it was somewhere around the ointments and creams and such.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll give it a look next time I go...thanks, Teresa!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll give it a look next time I go...thanks, Teresa!
You're welcome! I try to shop as cheaply as I can without sacrificing quality. The first time I bought this, I came home and did a lot of googling before I ever opened it. When satisfied that it wasn't harmful, I gave it the ol' "taste test" and mixed a vape with it. I swear it is no different than what I was paying for online without the hefty price tag for shipping. (VG is pretty heavy and shipping is not cheap) I buy 3-4 bottles every time I'm at the grocery store and chuck it in the freezer.

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is that found in the pharmacy area of the store, or in the grocery side?

When i just went, it was in the pharmacy section in near first aid.
It is sold as a skin care product, walmart is generally the same across the board so i will assume it is there for you as well.
the taste is great.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I mean someone who would like to go in for half of it. ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! No secret, was just cooking dinner.....I'm in Tennessee. You?

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can you use 100vg? And just add distilled water?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you use 100vg? And just add distilled water?

You can, but your flavor will really suffer. If you're just in it for clouds, sure, you can do that. I really love my flavors though.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the flavor too.....although I've only tried 1 I actually like......mountian dew. All the fancy waffles an bacon and all that jus doesn't thrill me or maybe I haven't found the right flavor yet. The info within this forum is insanely large and I keep combing through it...

Didn't mean to jump in on the post just curious.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jump right in anywhere you like, we're cool. I've never vaped straight vg, but I know from others here that it can be a coil gunker and the flavor isn't exactly "out there." Just go high vg, like an 80/20 or maybe even a 90/10, but treat yourself to some flavor in there somewhere. Once you find your flavor profile, you'll love it. :)

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use straight VG w/ 10% flavoring, has been working really well for me for a couple of months. Flavoring seems to have more to do with the coil-gunking aspect than the vg/pg ratio. Mostly using Capella V2 Vanilla Custard and VG and my coils hold up beautifully.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where does one buy pg locally?

Does straight vg burn up coils quicker

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Where does one buy pg locally?

Does straight vg burn up coils quicker
Tractor Supply has PG if you have one close by. On question 2, no but it will not wick as well as like a 50/50 mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use straight VG w/ 10% flavoring, has been working really well for me for a couple of months. Flavoring seems to have more to do with the coil-gunking aspect than the vg/pg ratio. Mostly using Capella V2 Vanilla Custard and VG and my coils hold up beautifully.
where do you get your vanilla? I ONLY Vape a vanilla custard, dont want graham cracker or anything just vanilla

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mama J's Juice has the best custard concentrate, Game Over Custard. Give it a try, you'll love it. ;)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mama J's Juice has the best custard concentrate, Game Over Custard. Give it a try, you'll love it. ;)
Last time I checked (two days ago) they were out of stock on GOC.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a top seller alright. Best custard I've had yet, good standalone or mixed with fruit (or whatever your favorite may be). I could about drink it....lol!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a top seller alright. Best custard I've had yet, good standalone or mixed with fruit (or whatever your favorite may be). I could about drink it....lol!
That's why I want to try it... still working on getting a list of flavors to order.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get 3ml samples of their FA flavors for cheap. Good especially if you're not sure you'll like something or if it's something you won't use often. I have a massive collection of 10ml bottles of flavoring that only require a drop here and there, simply because the vendor didn't offer smaller sizes. And their ship time is off the charts.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tractor Supply has PG if you have one close by. On question 2, no but it will not wick as well as like a 50/50 mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Meaning....dry hits...?

Joey330

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Meaning....dry hits...?

I have roughly a 90vg-10pg mix now, and i can take some huge hits a few times without going dry.
but yes, it is harder to soak when it is so thick.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm thinking 70/30

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really don't like dry hits at all the more smoke the better but don't want dry hits either...I'm going to wait till next week and go buy some stuff and have some flavor sent here and try my hand at the DIY surely it can't be too hard....used to mix dye in a carpet mill I'm assumingits along the same lines .8 of this .2 of that ladadada Smokey smokey

VU Sponsors