Become a Patron!

Vertical coil RTAs

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
I have been putting my Google-Fu skills to test recently, looking for a vertical coil RTA.

Robert Ellis posted aYoutube rant about the lack of options for a purposefully designed vertical coil RBA, and outside of his way to rant, I agree.

Does anyone know of a vertical coil RTA that doesn't have major design flaws?

Kaees Landmark 2 was poorly reviewed and only carried stateside by Vaporider, from what I can find.

Kanger Juppi and Arymi Gille suffer from notch coils or limited wicking.

The dual vertical coil tank by Smkon looks like a poor design.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been putting my Google-Fu skills to test recently, looking for a vertical coil RTA.

Robert Ellis posted aYoutube rant about the lack of options for a purposefully designed vertical coil RBA, and outside of his way to rant, I agree.

Kaees Landmark 2 was poorly reviewed and only carried stateside by Vaporider, from what I can find.

Any ideas?

From what I've heard earlier versions of Steamcrave's Aromamizer's were well suited to vertical coils. Peeps have done verticals on the newest release the Supreme but it's more suited for horizontal coils but still can be done.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tesla Captain accommodate both horizontal and vertical builds , it has been designed that way along with antman rda same innards decks bith by tesla , im thinking of buying both ,
272e97c9d252a11c45b382ae2bae4ff9.jpg

This pic shows both layouts

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can see vertical sit down under the deck which has been built to accommodate them , horizontal sit on the top The RDA antman by same company has the same setup too ,looks very interesting ,i use vertical now in my Aromamizer Supreme 7ml 25mm RDTA

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
From what I've heard earlier versions of Steamcrave's Aromamizer's were well suited to vertical coils. Peeps have done verticals on the newest release the Supreme but it's more suited for horizontal coils but still can be done.

You are correct. The problem I have with that is the wicking goes through the coil, and airflow from the outside, while I should have specified internal airflow and outside wicking. My apologies.

I have found that wicking cannot keep pace with my style when the wicks are vertical, similar to a Genesis style.

I have a Limitless plus that doesn't seem to keep up either, and it may be my fault for not constantly tipping it, but I really just want a hassle free setup. I like to fiddle, but not constantly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
You can see vertical sit down under the deck which has been built to accommodate them , horizontal sit on the top The RDA antman by same company has the same setup too ,looks very interesting ,i use vertical now in my Aromamizer Supreme 7ml 25mm RDTA

That looks interesting. I wonder if there are plans for a single coil option, which may be easier to build and wick. As it looks for the images, cotton may need to be stuffed in between those coils instead of the ability to wrap around more gently.

Thank you for the idea, I had not heard of this one yet.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
756ebe852259bd225aee57605a44319a.jpg
148eb3bfaaa808294db91dd70bac489e.jpg

Here is the rda version antman by Tesla ,im concidering buying both ,but i have just had a massive vape mail just come in 2 more mods r150 my second one an my second rx2/3 im stock piling for TDP regulations

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got 4 obs cheetah, 4 merlin RTA ,ive 7 boreas on order 2 arrived 2x virus RDA ,2 x cloudnus RDTA, 2 hot cig 4
R150 , 2 rx 2/3/
2 x coppervapes bf mods kit
sqounker setup

4 x Wolfpaw RDA onway which are amazing BF RDA
795b816954c6bff7d5b66789c711d69d.jpg

ckone180

Member For 4 Years

I found some further information on the Captain. It is very interesting. You can wrap the cotton before placing the coils, which I think is a better way to wick.

The downside, per a Fasttech poster, is that it is uses notch coils, as using your own builds is a pain. I am guessing that there is not much room to make a coil and fit the wick in the openings, as notch coils are nearly paper thin.

I think Tesla can work with this design, maybe offer a deck that can handle a single, and larger diameter, vertical coil in place of two small coils.

I have some notch coils, but am not impressed with them. The same poster mentioned a dry experience, which is the same experience I have when using them.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been a dam busy week but im set for any TDP regulations for the next few years , the cloudnus RDTA is a copy of boreas,supreme with a removable goon style deck so looks pretty interesting indeed , an these are only half of my last order , if i ordered from uk shops i wouldnt even get 1/5 of these for same pennies , so as i know we are in brexit an prices are set to rise due to fall in pounds value i ordered extra , now

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think once you get used to builds you can easy fit your own in the Capitan , just need long enough legs to bend and reach the post mounts
cd70885b4f54fef6fcc57c520047f95d.jpg

I use Gearbest its twice as fast then fasttech an cheaper in some cases = 24ÂŁ

From fasttech its 30usd for supreme but 19ÂŁ from gearbest so cheaper at GearBest once GBP uk is converted to usd , or back its cheaper from gearbest

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smkon RVTA has vertical builds but from reading its needing at least tank 3/4 full to keep coils submerged , ive soent a lot of time my self looking at vertical builds This is why im interested in the tesla RDA an RDTA capitan
4b223627841e1d44c545e7fcd719756e.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive also got the mod farther RTA 30mm beast that can also fit vertical builds , tje cotton going through center of the coil isnt a problem for me since i use mainly RDTA an RTA with side Airflow so it hits most of the coil for Airflow anyway , unlike OEM prebuilt coils where the air come through center of coil as they use bottom airflow which leaks at times , you can wick around the sides loo roll type wicking works well too , this is how capitan works as bottom airflow

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is an impressive shipment.

I really like the Boreas. I have two myself.

That is a fraction of what i own once i find tanks i like im buying a few of each since the TDP will eradicate most of them down too 2ml sizes which is no good to me , The mod farther rta has 3 decks velocity , series ,postless , as well as standard tank size of 9ml plus ,tall 20ml an shorty of 6ml plus , but need a bigger mod than my Triade dna mod to sit it right. Although it works well in triade i need a bigger mod been looking to see if i can build a dual 26650 with a DNA 250 but mod boxes that are over 30mm wide are rare

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Captain guide for building coils dont say anything about ss notch coils it talks of building your own , So its looking totally do able , but i expect it would take some time , since the main thing would be a id size limitations since cotton needs to be wrapped around the outside of coils so that the only restriction size ID of coil the legs being long enough would go on out side of cotton so no shorts created and then bend them to shape to mount under deck screws or mounts , but dies look appealing an interesting designed

60f485bea31aee16b3af445693740d24.jpg

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
The Captain guide for building coils dont say anything about ss notch coils it talks of building your own , So its looking totally do able , but i expect it would take some time , since the main thing would be a id size limitations since cotton needs to be wrapped around the outside of coils so that the only restriction size ID of coil the legs being long enough would go on out side of cotton so no shorts created and then bend them to shape to mount under deck screws or mounts , but dies look appealing an interesting designed

60f485bea31aee16b3af445693740d24.jpg

They include notch coils in the package, and the early reviewer stated that he was having problems with his own builds.

I've been building for years, so I can probably get it worked out. I'm not too worried.

2ndamend_Brute

Member For 4 Years
I have been using the aromamizer by steam crave , I have 2 off them. I just got the aromamizer plus, a few weeks ago . I love all off them. Best for vertices builds in my opinion. I will put up some some more pics Tomm.
582801d888dd0b3f4d06369d7f0c549f.jpg
aab9570cbafb94e1b2b3c794d6f1987f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
So I have looked into the Footoon Aqua FX and the Aqua Pro.

Neither seem to be available at US retailers, and the Pro seems to have a tank that could crack with certain juices.

I'm not really into ordering from China much anymore, as it seems to take a month or more to get here, and I'm impatient.

VaporBeast has had the Captain 24 in stock all week, and more places are showing it as well.

I cannot find any reviews or videos about it, so I'm a bit apprehensive to purchase it blindly. I'm a little put off by the 2.5mL capacity and wonder how well it can wick from just one side of the coil.

Anyone have any of these or any input?

Any ideas?

I heard Smkon has designed a new atomizer which has improve the RVTA design. It is Kumo atomizer, has surpassed TFV8. will buy one once it come to market.

VU Sponsors