Become a Patron!

Vertebraid questions

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm thinking about attempting a vertebraid build using three loops of 26g kanthal. Since there's no option for it on my coil app, I'm not sure how many wraps will give what resistance reading.

Is a vertebraid build typically meant for a single coil build or can I do two coils? I don't have any atomizers that will take a single coil build.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a braid with three loops of 28 KA1 that came out to .28, 3mm 5 wraps.
a68a84be90f4cc2e75edd389bc42cff0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nice. I might get around to trying it tonight. Now I just gotta figure out what to use as a clamp to hold the ends while braiding. I think I can find an i-bolt to screw into a chunk of wood.

Blazel78

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get creative. I used a screw hole in a computer desk20170808_221248.jpgI think this was 6 loops 30g ka .73ish ohms

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just twisted the ends of each loop together about an inch or so, then twisted those three sections together, and used a clamp on the edge of my table. Worked good for me, but I don't know if what I did was a vertebraid or not. I kept a fair amount of tension on it, and it held fine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
After fiddling around with it for an hour and a half I finally got it going on my ohm meter. I think I ended up with 4 wraps. It was a PITA to get the leads in the post holes. Ended up with 0.14 on a single coil, 0.09 on dual. I'll wait and give it another go when my mech and goon clone comes in. Should be any day now.

VU Sponsors