Become a Patron!

Vaptio Fusion 3.8ml Starter Kit - Colourful Device

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Vaptio Fusion 3.8ml AIO Starter Kit which was kindly supplied by Jason from Vaptio.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/fusion-38ml_876/

In the Box

Contents:

Fusion 3.8 Kit
1 0.8 Kanthal Coil (pre-installed)
1 0.25 Kanthal Coil
User Manual
USB Cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

On opening the box i was met by a very colourful small device which i immediately liked the look of. Rather than colours the Fusion 3.8 comes in black or 5 different themes, i received the fantasy which is very aesthetically pleasing but all 5 themes are very well done. The design is on both front and back of the device and seem to be panels rather than stickers and have a gloss shine to them. One side of the device has a nice sized fire button at the top, USB port at the bottom and 3 light indicators in-between. The spine of the device (which houses the tank) has 4 large sections cut out so you can clearly see the juice level, there is also a max fill line printed on. The mouthpiece section (sitting on top of the device) is a clear removable 510 drip tip with airflow section underneath. The airflow is duel cyclops with stopper which moves with just the right amount of resistance and has slight texturing for grip. The device is swallowed up comfortably in the hand making it perfect for on the go and will slip easily in any sized pocket.

Specs:

3.8ml Capacity
Dimensions 63mm x 51mm x 24mm
1500 mAh inbuilt battery
2.5 hour charge time
Power: 30W / 40W / 50W
Themes: Black, Jade, Nebula, Marine, Chameleon, Fantasy

Fitting Coil and Filling Device

Filling the device is simple, the mouthpiece section is fitted with a child lock so you need to press down then turn which then allows you to lift out the mouthpiece, air chamber and coil as one unit. Then fill the tank to the max fill line and screw back together. Changing the coil is just as easy, the coils simply are pushed into the air chamber and held in place with o-rings. Before fitting the new coil prime it first with some juice added to the centre of the coil.

Using the Device

The device is very simple, perfect for someone new to vaping or someone who just likes to keep things simple. The device is a standard 5 clicks on and off and if the device hasn't been used for 10 minutes it automatically turns itself off, so 5 clicks to turn back on. The 3 light indicators have 2 functions, the first is to let you know what wattage you have set, 1 light is 30w, 2 lights is 40w and 3 lights is 50w. The wattage can be set by clicking the fire button 3 times, so 3 clicks gives 1 light (30w), click 3 times again takes the device to 40w (2 lights) then repeat the process for 50w (3 lights). If you click the fire button 3 times while set at 50w it takes the device back to 30w. The second function the light indicators have is letting you know the state of the battery, 3 lights equals 3.8v - 4.2v, 2 lights equals 3.4v - 3.8v and 1 light means below 3.4v. How it works is when you press the fire button to vape the lights indicate your wattage for the first 2 seconds and then change to show the state of the battery which stays on for a couple of seconds after vaping to give you chance to check, so if you had a full battery and you have the device at 30W, when you vape for 2 seconds there will be 1 light then it would change to 3. To go with the colourful themes there is also lights inside the spine of the device which shine through the cut outs. These light up 1 of 7 colours randomly while vaping, but for those that don't like lights they are not very bright and very understated.

Performance

The device comes with 2 different Kanthal coils, the 0.25 is recommended at 30w - 60w, which i found great at both 40w and 50w. We are obviously not talking RDA or RTA flavour but comparing to stock coil sub-ohm tanks the flavour was above average and gave loads of cloud, it was way above what i was expecting from a little AIO device. The 0.8 coil was somewhat of a surprise inclusion as it's recommended at only between 11w - 30w, so you only have the option of using the device on the lowest setting and even then you are at the highest recommended wattage of the coil, however on 30w and the airflow reduced i was able to genuinely MTL with this coil and with 50/50 liquid it kept up no problem with again very good flavour. The only issue i had was the fact the device comes with the 0.8 coil pre-installed, so if a starter uses this first without getting use to the device i can imagine a few fried 0.8 coils occurring. The battery management always seems very good with Vaptio products and no difference with the Fusion, although i would of liked the device's inbuilt battery to of been 2000mAh it still lasted me a good few hours (and i vape a lot) and charge time was only 2.5 hours.

Pros:

Great Starter device
MTL and DL
Above average Flavour
Surprising Amount of Cloud
Very Portable
2.5 Hours Charge Time
Good Battery Management
Very Nice Colour Themes
Simple to Use

Cons:

Should of been 0.25 coil pre-installed
Not suitable for high wattage users
Only 1500mAh battery

Conclusion

A very good starter Kit giving the user the option to use as a MTL or DL device. The kit is simple to use and gives above average flavour and plenty of cloud.

I would once again like to thank Jason from Vaptio for supplying the Fushion 3.8 Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/fusion-38ml_876/

VU Sponsors