Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Target Pro and ccell coil help

AmPped

Member For 2 Years
Hoping someone else out there can guide me in the right direction on this. I have been vaping for about a month. I just bought a Target Pro 75w kit and it came preinstalled with a .5 ceramic stainless steel coil. I followed all the recommendations of prepping the coil, letting it sit, starting vaping at a low wattage. Recommended for the coild I am using I THINK was 20 to 40w?? My first use seemed to be going ok for the first half hour or so, but I felt like it was getting hot and I was barely at 20w, so I opened it up and my air flow / coil base was completely flooded. I had closed both the juice flow and air flow controls prior to opening, cleaned it all out..still flooding, so I tried looking at the coil itself. I had found with my first kit ( ijust S ) sometimes the o rings on the coil are too small or pinched and maybe doubling up the o rings, or changing it out for a different one works to solve the problem without just chucking the whole coil. Still floods. I'm wondering if there is some kind of secret code here that I am not following correctly, geesh. I did try to restrict the juiceflow control to have it only open a crack, but then I feel I get zero flavor and cant go above 18w without it tasting burnt? I have watched reviews where they just pop the coil in with these things, crank it up to 40w right off the bat then rave on how flavorful it is and I'm like "Whatttt???, I cant even get mine above 20..what the hell am I doing wrong?"

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
first, don't worry about how many watts you get up to or above. Start at low power and work your way up to where you like the vape you get. Air flow balances the heat, but reduces the flavor. So half open at 15w would be better than full open at 20w.

As for flooding.. make sure your put the coils in correctly, not cross threaded, and finger tight not loose. Check any O rings to make sure hey aren't twisted. Turn the airflow off when you are not using the mod. Open air allows air into the tank which negates the vacuum that keeps the juice in the tank and not running through the coil and into the base.

AmPped

Member For 2 Years
As an update- I am about on day 5 with this Target 75. I have the .5 resistance stainless steel ceramic coil in there that came with it. I am finding it to be SUPER finicky. I'm learning right along with it, but still just not getting this phenomenal flavor it is supposed to have . As I posted above I was having serious flooding problems, followed all the normal directions, did some trouble on my own. I had the juice flow control wide open(closed it while filling of course), airflow at about half, wattage around 15, was able to bump it up to 20..but then gurgling again along with a harsh hit, nit dry..just a little burnt tasting and harsh. I was thinking maybe the coil got gunked up or something, juice too thick or sweet? It tasted like burnt sugar...So here is what I did. I took the coil out of the tank and I decided to try and pulse/ dry burn it a little to clean it up a bit. HOLY HELL the amount of liquid that started burning and crackling off ! It took a good 20 min of pulsing, blowing, wait a little, repeat, before it starting kind of heating more steam like and not popping, snapping, gurgling clean. Popped it back in the tank and opened the juice flow control JUST barely, instant bubbles, then I closed the juiceflow control all the way, opened the air intake wide open. MUCH better.I started at 15w, slowly bumping my way up that way, no more burning taste or gurgling.When it starts to taste a little dry or bland I let a little more juice in, close it right back up.Still not the outstanding flavor, and it is kind of a pain opening and closing the juice flow. But hoping once it is good and broken in and I get to know my equipment more, things will improve. I'm still absolutely loving my eleaf ijust S with the .18 ss coils though. Easy to use, great flavor, decent clouds, nice easy draw. For what it is, I'm impressed by that at least. I'm learning and loving it. I paid way more for the Target, getting a little frustrated with it. Thanks for the advice gbalkam

VU Sponsors