Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Gen S randomly turning itself off?

Hey all sorry for all the help posts recently but I'm kind of confused whats going on with my brand new Gen S, I got it from ecigmafia sealed in box and put in a pair of molicel p26as it works for about a half hour/hour until it just turns off without warning and won't power back on unless I re insert the batteries. I know the batteries are brand new got em off imrbatteries in pairs. I don't have a external charger pack though could that be a reason? I read that if I charged it through usb on a dual mod it won't charge the batteries evenly and maybe its getting a volt drop? Thanks for any help friends god bless :)

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey all sorry for all the help posts recently but I'm kind of confused whats going on with my brand new Gen S, I got it from ecigmafia sealed in box and put in a pair of molicel p26as it works for about a half hour/hour until it just turns off without warning and won't power back on unless I re insert the batteries. I know the batteries are brand new got em off imrbatteries in pairs. I don't have a external charger pack though could that be a reason? I read that if I charged it through usb on a dual mod it won't charge the batteries evenly and maybe its getting a volt drop? Thanks for any help friends god bless :)
Unfortunately, this isn't a terribly uncommon issue with mods of various brands.

Since you're using good batteries from a reputable vendor in a new mod, it may be the mod's short circuit or overheating protection kicking in. Try a different coil and be careful to insert it snugly. If that doesn't help, try a different tank. Clean the battery contacts and the 510 connections on the mod and tank; even though they're new, there could be residue from manufacture. Trying a different pair of batteries wouldn't hurt, just in case there's a fault in one of the one's you're using.
It may be a faulty fire button or the electronics of it, like the mod reading 5 clicks when you're only pressing once, but that's not likely if you have to re-insert the batteries to power on. 5 clicks alone won't do it? Either way, you may be looking at having to make a warranty replacement claim.

An external charger is always recommended but charging in the mod shouldn't cause a big problem short-term.

Welcome to the wonderful world of sucking on electronics instead of on smoldering dried leaves.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
After trying some of the suggestions Freyja wrote to you and you still have the problem, I found this for ecigmafia about their Warranty and returns. I would contact ecigmafia.

Ecigmafia has a rep here on the forum- you could PM them here and see what steps you need to take

Unfortunately, this isn't a terribly uncommon issue with mods of various brands.

Since you're using good batteries from a reputable vendor in a new mod, it may be the mod's short circuit or overheating protection kicking in. Try a different coil and be careful to insert it snugly. If that doesn't help, try a different tank. Clean the battery contacts and the 510 connections on the mod and tank; even though they're new, there could be residue from manufacture. Trying a different pair of batteries wouldn't hurt, just in case there's a fault in one of the one's you're using.
It may be a faulty fire button or the electronics of it, like the mod reading 5 clicks when you're only pressing once, but that's not likely if you have to re-insert the batteries to power on. 5 clicks alone won't do it? Either way, you may be looking at having to make a warranty replacement claim.

An external charger is always recommended but charging in the mod shouldn't cause a big problem short-term.

Welcome to the wonderful world of sucking on electronics instead of on smoldering dried leaves.
Yeah I cleaned off the connections and changed the batteries no luck has to definitely be something internal going on definitely a bummer but thank you for the insight on what could be the problems, I believe its short circuiting but I'm too new to tell tbh lol
After trying some of the suggestions Freyja wrote to you and you still have the problem, I found this for ecigmafia about their Warranty and returns. I would contact ecigmafia.

Ecigmafia has a rep here on the forum- you could PM them here and see what steps you need to take

Thank you so much for this managed to contact the rep on here and they responded later on via email and asked me for a recording I sent one over and they told me to ship it back over with their address and they'll reship the replacement over to me, definitely glad we got a good resolution to this even if it's not getting the original fixed lol yall are the best :)

VU Sponsors