Become a Patron!

Vapor Flask clone wire came off...need help

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my vapor flask v2 clone last week, and had noticed ohms jumping around a little since using it, and today it just started to show 'check atomizer' all the time, after trying atty on another mod, pin pointed it was the mod that was the problem.

So rather than try and go through the nightmare of going through fasttech customer service, decided to look inside to see if could see a problem and sure enough, wire has broke free from the 510 pin, not a big deal to put back on I think, but the problem is, I have no idea where that lead is meant to connect to the board.

So if anyone can guide me to where this lead is meant to go, please let me know, maybe @dre can help, as know he has worked on these kind of mods, here is a pic

IjSMpIU.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I truly wish I could help you out with this.

The only idea I can possibly offer you is to take a really close look at the board with a magnifier of some sort and see if there is a connection point with the tell tell of solder left on it that could hint where the wires was originally attached.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I truly wish I could help you out with this.

The only idea I can possibly offer you is to take a really close look at the board with a magnifier of some sort and see if there is a connection point with the tell tell of solder left on it that could hint where the wires was originally attached.

Yes it is frustrating, as a easy fix if can be sure where the wire came off, looking at it more closely, I think it is that hole in the center at the bottom of the board, but I can't get a soldering iron till tomorrow anyway, so hopefully someone will clarify that is where it is meant to be.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like it may be the positive lead to the chargeboard, some hold me to it, but I don't see a red lead going to the microbus port, just the neutral.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it should be labeled POS (positive) somewhere next the the ground pt as well as what he said ^

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Goes here should say out + and you'll notice the broken soldering
9613bf0e297e93775f19ea3a035c8b3e.jpg

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just notice it's the 50w board you'll see out+ written where the wire goes to. Or I'll trade you a smok m80 plus for it :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just notice it's the 50w board you'll see out+ written where the wire goes to. Or I'll trade you a smok m80 plus for it :)

I would of traded you, but I already buggered it up worst, dropped a bit of solder in middle of board, so when I did manage to solder the wire back on, it just automatically fired the atty as I screwed it on and then the screen went out, thought it would be easy, but guess soldering isn't one of my strong points.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dude, I'm sorry to hear that.
Trust yourself enough to put in another board? Or clean it up and do an exchange

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude, I'm sorry to hear that.
Trust yourself enough to put in another board? Or clean it up and do an exchange

Someone else suggested putting in a new board, but after my soldering disaster, don't think I would achieve it successfully, and think it is about the same amount for a new board as the mod.

Think I have messed with it too much to be able to exchange now, but I did love it while it lived, so see another coming my way in the future.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone else suggested putting in a new board, but after my soldering disaster, don't think I would achieve it successfully, and think it is about the same amount for a new board as the mod.

Think I have messed with it too much to be able to exchange now, but I did love it while it lived, so see another coming my way in the future.
Well., it only lasted a week? Maybe before you invest in the same thing you might wanna see what else is in the same price range that has service or durability? Not trying to bad mouth FT but I hare seeing people lose money.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't trust yourself to put a new evolv board in it, you could buy the board and have a trusted local shop do the work. Assuming you have a local shop around you that you trust is competent.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure what I am going to do with it yet, doing a lot of overtime at work, so not much 'me' time right now, but need to look at chips, or may just trade it with @dre will decide when got more time to research boards etc

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure what I am going to do with it yet, doing a lot of overtime at work, so not much 'me' time right now, but need to look at chips, or may just trade it with @dre will decide when got more time to research boards etc
Got a derringer, Mr.owl, freak show, tugboat v2 to name a few

VU Sponsors