Member For 5 Years
Mornin Porch Goers

e9b0929a149a56beeb1d425622a2f5c8.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My weekend partying.

This will likely represent me & Mammy for most of Saturday, whoops, Caterday. Although, she tends to get in the crook of my arm, nuzzling against my chest. I'll do a field day for the apartment. The biggest feat that entails is taking the trash out. Our apartment is roughly five hundred square feet. So, cleaning isn't difficult.

Got complemented by other custodians, my vice principle tonight. They held a "star student" eighth grade graduation celebration at the school. I had it looking sharp, then some. The roughest part was maintaining patience and getting out a hundred and thirty chairs, putting them away.

People always to mill about afterward. I went on and started stacking chairs, bringing out the dolly, getting started. A few of the honor students came over and started stacking, no prodding, on their own. Some of the men saw that, started helping too. It really helped keep on track. :)

Finished up running the floor scrubber around nine fifteen. That meant I had missed the first night bus. I let it go, knew the second one would be by around ten twenty. Left the school for a five-minute walk to the stop at nine thirty, or so. There had been a storm blow through, but it had stopped raining by then.

The cool evening air was welcomed after having been cooped up in a hot gym, working. I and Mammy got all three of our windows open. Learned that if I get an air conditioner, rent goes up thirty dollars to offset the electric cost. Think I'll be alright just opening windows, maybe get a fan or two. Mammy isn't too fussy, give her milk, some tuna and cuddling with me, she's fine. :)

Hm, talked out. Might veg in front of the idiot box a bit, then hit the rack. Y'all run 'er slow.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There had been a storm blow through, but it had stopped raining by then.
Learned today at work, this was our storm. There was a video on Facebook circulating which clearly shows the funnel shape up and touch down. Someone had been around the NOAA crew that accessed the storm, it was a firm estimate the wind speeds were over 90 mph / 144.84 kph.

We kept busy in the school. The lights flicked off then back on just as quickly. One of the teachers was loading her car with leftovers. I stepped out and felt the very cool air, the moisture. Knew we had a tornado close. It is a strange feeling one gets then, you don't forget, or mistake it.

Left work about ten after eight tonight. A--, one of the ladies who work with us had to go. One of the grandchildren she and her husband are keeping got hold of some black market vape, something. At the hospital, the medicals would say testing revealed high levels of Mary Jane. The girl went hypoxic and passed out, possibly in a coma.

Sha--, who serves as teacher's aid has past custodial experience. He gladly took some over time and stepped in for A--. I and him both instantly agreed there was more to it than simply weed, figuring it has to have been something "cut" bad. The two weeks prior to this one, found vaping devices in the girl's restroom, stashed in the sanitary boxes. I tossed one, got one here. Seemed generic disposables.

As I told Be--, the other lady I work with, I didn't report these to the principals. Firstly, it is common knowledge, you're not going to stop kids being kids and getting into stuff. Secondly, figure the devices got tried and tasted nasty, left, they were "one offs". Hearing of A--'s grand child though has me rethinking that a bit.

Still, parents need to be fucking parents. If you're a guy, leave it in the pants unless you want and will accept the consequences. If a lady, the same applies for spreading your legs open for the guy. Be fucking responsible and accountable.

Not knowing of dangers is no longer an excuse. We live in the information age. Go look shit up if you have suspicions. Find ways to address concerns with a kid, do so and keep them in line, their lives have to mean something. Fuck the village rearing your child, it doesn't work except in primitive societies, and even then only if the most altruistic. Parents need to be parents.

Spades are spades, and doors are never jars. Doors may be open but never a jar/ajar. Tide comes in and goes out, the world keeps spinning. S'all the same, even if it's all the same difference.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apologies, @SteveS45, if I got a bit controversial. Like most responsible adult vapers here figure, I'm damn well-fed up with the whole save the kids' bologna. Meanwhile, the system attacks us for being responsible adult vapers seeking harm reduction at the very least.

When they put a boot to your throat and gun to your head, it is morally, ethically right to stand the fuck-up and defend yourself. Factually, righteousness, the state of being right, would seem to demand just that. I digress though.

Figure you were more in awe over the storm / tornado. Folks here are saying that just a decade ago, tornadoes were unheard of in WV, much less in the Parkersburg area. We're abutting the Ohio River, which also banks with Marietta, OH. That winds up making this the Mid-Ohio Valley Region / Area. Key word there is valley. Imagine the new tornado alley that valley provides.

The heat here for a few days prior to Thursday's storm was outrageous. It was 80 degrees F / 26.66 C or hotter most of those days with a very muggy, wet humidity. People were stifled and even indoors with air conditioning you could just set and sweat.

Ah, let's switch out the negative for some positive. :) Friday morning I got some good news health wise. The nurse took my vitals, including weight. I am down to 274 lbs / 124.28 kg from 320 lbs / 145.15 kg. No, I'm not starving myself. Yes, I'm a bit hungry as I'm not quite eating full on healthily as I ought to be.

But, I'm not starving the weight off. It is coming off because during work I keep moving and probably walk around 3–4 miles / 5.63 km per night. I do that 5 nights a week, so I'm roughly walking 15 miles a week. Who needs a gym? Oh, I got one I clean, ha! :D :p

I do feel a fair bit better having lost the weight. Still want to take some more off if able, think I can, too. Well, reckon I'm going to go have another coffee, look at some more of The Expanse & harass Mammy. :) ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apologies, @SteveS45, if I got a bit controversial. Like most responsible adult vapers here figure, I'm damn well-fed up with the whole save the kids' bologna. Meanwhile, the system attacks us for being responsible adult vapers seeking harm reduction at the very least.

When they put a boot to your throat and gun to your head, it is morally, ethically right to stand the fuck-up and defend yourself. Factually, righteousness, the state of being right, would seem to demand just that. I digress though.

Figure you were more in awe over the storm / tornado. Folks here are saying that just a decade ago, tornadoes were unheard of in WV, much less in the Parkersburg area. We're abutting the Ohio River, which also banks with Marietta, OH. That winds up making this the Mid-Ohio Valley Region / Area. Key word there is valley. Imagine the new tornado alley that valley provides.

The heat here for a few days prior to Thursday's storm was outrageous. It was 80 degrees F / 26.66 C or hotter most of those days with a very muggy, wet humidity. People were stifled and even indoors with air conditioning you could just set and sweat.

Ah, let's switch out the negative for some positive. :) Friday morning I got some good news health wise. The nurse took my vitals, including weight. I am down to 274 lbs / 124.28 kg from 320 lbs / 145.15 kg. No, I'm not starving myself. Yes, I'm a bit hungry as I'm not quite eating full on healthily as I ought to be.

But, I'm not starving the weight off. It is coming off because during work I keep moving and probably walk around 3–4 miles / 5.63 km per night. I do that 5 nights a week, so I'm roughly walking 15 miles a week. Who needs a gym? Oh, I got one I clean, ha! :D :p

I do feel a fair bit better having lost the weight. Still want to take some more off if able, think I can, too. Well, reckon I'm going to go have another coffee, look at some more of The Expanse & harass Mammy. :) ;)

You my Friend @MyMagicMist never owe me an apology my Dear Friend I feel we are on the same Wavelength when it comes to life~! My Wow was for the Tornado. But feel free as I have always said to Vent when you need to on the Porches because that is why they are here and my reason for starting them~!

I have had it pretty rough this past few days but I didn't vent it here. I guess that comes with Old Age!

If I think you already know if you ever need an Open Ear or Shoulder to Cry On it is here with me~! We should trade Cell Numbers in a PM~! Because I am that sincere and serious. Be Well my Friend and All The Porch Dwellers~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have had it pretty rough this past few days but I didn't vent it here. I guess that comes with Old Age!

Sorry to hear of the rough goings your way, as well. Been more reserved in my venting, anywhere, too. Finding that age and time are equalizers.

A few weeks ago, at work, I saw first hand my own mistake. Got frustrated and went to a co-worker to vent. That put me behind and caused me more frustration and effort to finish up. In having to go breakneck at it, fouled up more.

It clicked at the end of the shift. It was an instantaneous lesson which come on like a bright light. "Eureka! I can see, now!" I had allowed whatever it was to bother me and in doing so shot myself in the foot, not literally. So, now to borrow from the seemingly inane popular song I, "let it go!" *smh*

I had to go back and remind myself of something. She also gives a few other lessons, one being that, another this.

VU Sponsors