Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
dbd52c4a764854974883d0474d585765.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Head cleared, now. Still feel and think what I did. Yesterday, I contacted a law firm that is known for handling disability claims. Not sure if they will take my case, yet.

Here's the context. Roughly four years ago, I passed the WV dept. of Education's competency test to be "Custodian III". That achieved one could think they could go on and do the job without much hassle.

Well, in two different counties I meet with being treated like a child regarding my work. I also believe there is gaslighting going on. They find nit picky stuff, or say they find it, get pictures on their phones.

Thursday night I took pictures myself. I took a locker room's photos of before and after. Now, if the assistant principal wants to tell me he found a messy locker room Friday morning, I'll show him my pictures. "That's how I left it, clean. Whatever you 'found' isn't on me."

I'll see real quickly then if my gaslighting suspicion is correct. If so I'm certian I'll not be returning to work for the school board ever again. I go and do, then get in trouble over something that somebody thinks I should do, but doesn't tell me. It's a hostile and toxic environment.

I'm 52 after the 29th, I've had military grade work, worked farms, worked in medical facilities, factories, food services. I know how to clean, bottom line definition of it is "move dirt". I can and do, do well at it. I do not desrve being conducted like some wet behind the ears kid, nor some enemy.

And then they have the gaul to make it out as though I do and it's my own fault. No. I'm tired of the bullshit, immature 'games'. I am a professional but even pros can be taxed beytond what is reasonable. This isn't worth it, no matter the good pay, benefits.

I literally have days where I ask myself, "suicide or work"? That fed up with it, that isolated, that low in self esteem. A place of work should not do that to a person. All I have is hoping to get fired, or resigning.

So, looking at a third option. Hey, maybe all of this is in my head? Maybe. Well, then something is wrong with me. I better be disabled. I don't know what else is left to me. I'm in a strange place with few to no real friends. *smh* All I know is I'm tired of having to fight to work, or beg for it. Tired of bullshit being put on me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They find nit picky stuff, or say they find it, get pictures on their phones.

Imagine a supervisory person coming to you.

Super: "I come in this morning and found this." *holding phone over with pictures of tiny amounts of debris on a floor in a room* "Those are time stamped, too. You need to meet standards."

Me: Well, time stamped or not it doesn't explain how you found it. Do you have a witness aside from yourself?

Super: "No."

Me: So, maybe you put it there?

Super: "Why would I do that?"

Me: Got me, maybe because you're insecure? How can I trust you didn't put it there? I cannot. Not saying you did, or didn't but there is likelihood you could have.

I know my work. Yes, I may miss tiny bits of what we commonly refer to as 'fly away' stuff. What the pictures show exceeds that. I don't miss that much. I leave places reasonably clean.

Other custodians, ten to thirty years in doing the work have checked me. They know my work is good, too. Yes, they offer constructive criticism at times. I take it, maybe do things a bit different next time, see if it helps, if not I go back to my way.

There is no wrong way to do the work, just do it. And, I do, do it. Maybe that's the problem, though? Hell, I don't know.

I have had only one teacher bring something up to me. That was addressed immediately by me and corrected. None of the other teachers have said word one to me regarding my work. The head principal assured me last week he had heard of no complaints.

Funny, I'm getting them this past week, from the assistant principal. So what happened from one week to the next? Nothing that I'm aware of, been doing the same work, same way. Hm, maybe because I compared the work to Sisyphus with another custodian? Roll a boulder up a hill, next day the same boulder is at the bottom of the hill again.

Like I said, don't know, don't really care. Even that discussion should not warrant a 'white glove' treatment, possible gaslighting. If someone thinks it does, that's retaliation and affirms the schools are running a closed shop, hostile and toxic.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist one time I installed a 120 Inch Video Wall and when I left I had pictures of a perfectly working Video Wall. Next morning I get a phone call from the project manager that the Client (Macy's) is complaining about a Damaged Screen. I sent him the pictures and told him I can't say how it happened but maybe they should check the Security Cameras~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist one time I installed a 120 Inch Video Wall and when I left I had pictures of a perfectly working Video Wall. Next morning I get a phone call from the project manager that the Client (Macy's) is complaining about a Damaged Screen. I sent him the pictures and told him I can't say how it happened but maybe they should check the Security Cameras~!
Well, we lock the school up at night. There is a cctv system inside and outside a bit. There's really no feasible way in, once we lock up.

Although the school can be unlocked 24/7 by any teacher, or admin/staff with appropriate rfd card/fobs & keys. The fobs though are supposed to be on a restricted to 15 minutes prior to and after scheduled shifts of each person. Of course, I'm not sure how that works for the principals, woulds figure they got broader access.

Also, "Ben's the 'new' guy, we can get by with us saying whatever and it's 'gospel'. He's got no footing."

Ultimately, I think it's a pile of dung and a lot of little kings and queens. Here's me not wanting any part of that, just there for a paycheck. Guess that scares folks. And sorry but it isn't a 'lucrative career' like I keep getting told, it is only a j.o.b, just like every other job out there, 'just over broke'.

Ironically enough other full time custodians were urging me to join the Service Worker Union. The dues for that are roughly $600 annually, that's 2/3 of a month's pay. All they offer is a supposed rep with congress, up to a million for legal help if 'you get into trouble'. Way I figure, if I'm that much in trouble I don't need or want the job anyway. I can't afford union help, insurance, taxes and cost of living eat too much already.

Fine I'll say it. "Life, she's a rich bitch an a she find any way to bleed you dry."

Last edited:

VU Sponsors