Become a Patron!

Vaping on pure niobium, how long until I keel over and die?

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trying out niobium for a bit, any reason I should stop?
I like it for TC since I'm kind of allergic to the nickel in stainless and titanium tastes a little off.
It might be better if you anodise is first? But it's about as unreactive as tantalum and it looks like the oxide might even be more stable than nickel's so I guess as long as the oxide doesn't get released much it should be fine?
Resistance is about twice that of nickel; 22ga coil, 6mm wide, 8 wraps comes to 0.07ohms.

Edit: 0.07ohms not 0.7 lol

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of it....good luck.

Niobium metal is physiologically inert, making it 100% safe for use in the human body. (It is even used in medical devices such as pacemakers.) Niobium by its very nature is PURE, meaning it is not an alloy, or mixture, of other metals. Niobium is beyond hypoallergenic, it is NON-allergenic

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Trying out niobium for a bit, any reason I should stop?
I like it for TC since I'm kind of allergic to the nickel in stainless and titanium tastes a little off.
It might be better if you anodise is first? But it's about as unreactive as tantalum and it looks like the oxide might even be more stable than nickel's so I guess as long as the oxide doesn't get released much it should be fine?
Resistance is about twice that of nickel; 22ga coil, 6mm wide, 8 wraps comes to 0.07ohms.

Edit: 0.07ohms not 0.7 lol

Where did you get it?

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
An eBay jewellery supplier, I'm guessing they would all be pretty pure especially if their main business is fine metals but it might be worth finding a medical grade supplier.
Niobium/titanium alloy is also quite common in medical applications and could probably be heated to a glow without burning like pure titanium if it has enough niobium, and I guess it would have higher resistivity?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
An eBay jewellery supplier, I'm guessing they would all be pretty pure especially if their main business is fine metals but it might be worth finding a medical grade supplier.
Niobium/titanium alloy is also quite common in medical applications and could probably be heated to a glow without burning like pure titanium if it has enough niobium, and I guess it would have higher resistivity?
Mmmhhh, eBay!? According to whom, is eBay the most reliable resource for vaping products, and/or purchasing vaping supplies? You've got a bunch of wannabe vendors, for unreliable products. Their only goal, is to make money!

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

That's a lot of assumptions. Quite a difference if you put something into your body or heat it up to several hundred degrees. But that too is only an assumption... Truth is, we don't really know long term effects of any coil material. Personally, I'd rather stay with mainstream materials, which we know a little bit more about and which are more likely being tested. Same goes for sources of anything else involved: wicking materials, liquids etc. Wouldn't buy e-liquid off a random ebay seller or a country with largely different regulations. But that's just me.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Well, from what I read niobium Might be a viable metal for coils, also read though that it's found a lot in small %s along with SS mixes...and Ebay is a crapshoot, so hard to Really know what you have their, hard to verify your seller as a source and harder to verify the seller's source...

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And just how do you think I got hold of a supply............................................?

I bet you stole Captain America's shield, you terrible man.

(Could you send me a couple feet of it to test out, please)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TaliUnobtainium.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unobtanium absorbs heat and creates power so I don't think it would be a good choice for metal in coils.

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No it's perfect, it means you only need about 5 watts for heavy vaping, and a hot day recharges your vape.

MasterTriangle

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OP still posting so apparently not? Unless it also causes zombification...
And there's no apparent irritation or anything either, not that that's the best indication of whether it's good for you.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Zombification it is then. Any accompanying desire to consume brains? I have a side bet.

Fucking said this would happen...

VU Sponsors