Become a Patron!

vaping making me sick!

sorta new to vapeing.
so i vape 0nic. so not nic overdose. but some flavors just make me sick to my stomach. like im going to puke! but its when i take the first inhale. it is immediate after exhale. and its not like the flavor is gross. when i smell it it smells amazing. its just when i vape it it makes me sick. it has happend with a few flavors. all differnt types of brands and flavors.
still happens if i use a fresh coil
so what could be causing this? does this happen to anyone else?

also i vape on a kangertech evod pro v2 if that makes a difference.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You could be having a reaction to a certain flavoring type that may be in all of them.
There are a lot of different brands and types of flavorings used in vaping and some eliquids are very complex and can have up to a dozen different flavors in them.

I can not eat mayo.
The smell of it kicks in my gag reflex and I have never been able to even put it in my mouth (I have tried) without gagging or vomiting.
So when I order food out I find it's easier to just tell the waiter/waitress that i'm allergic to mayo.

Your "mayo" may be one of the flavorings that's a popular one used in eliquid.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
sorta new to vapeing.
so i vape 0nic. so not nic overdose. but some flavors just make me sick to my stomach. like im going to puke! but its when i take the first inhale. it is immediate after exhale. and its not like the flavor is gross. when i smell it it smells amazing. its just when i vape it it makes me sick. it has happend with a few flavors. all differnt types of brands and flavors.
still happens if i use a fresh coil
so what could be causing this? does this happen to anyone else?

also i vape on a kangertech evod pro v2 if that makes a difference.
What is the PG/VG ratio of the ones that made you sick compared to the ones that don't? You could have a sensitivity to one or the other.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping is not for everyone.
some cannot adapt or are allergic to PG, etc.
Unless working to give up smoking and it makes you sick then do not vape.
If working to quit smoking then try and figure out what is wrong.

When I first switched from smoking to vaping most commercial ejuice caused me bad oral and throat inflammation.
I found one el cheapo gas station tobacco flavored ejuice I could vape and that held me until I started DIY and found some flavorings I could tolerate.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaping is not for everyone.
some cannot adapt or are allergic to PG, etc.
Unless working to give up smoking and it makes you sick then do not vape.
If working to quit smoking then try and figure out what is wrong...
+1
No reason to vape, just to be "IN".

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping to be in....
I live in a rural setting in KY. So as a vaper I am the odd man out.
I know of no other vapers within 10 miles of me.
And rare to see one in the wild when I go into town.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sort of got that impression.
Now I will not tell any adult not to vape it is their choice but if not quitting smoking and it makes you sick then why do it?

Kind of like
"doctor it hurts when I do this"
"Well don't do that".

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I sort of got that impression.
Now I will not tell any adult not to vape it is their choice but if not quitting smoking and it makes you sick then why do it?

Kind of like
"doctor it hurts when I do this"
"Well don't do that".
I'm not trying to imply that it's not her choice to vape, or not. I'm just giving my opinion. After all, we really don't know about any side effects on the long run, other than it's 95% safer than smoking.

the info about vg and pg were super helpful! i get most of my juices from zamplebox.com. some of them dont have the vg pg info but all the ones that do and makes me sick say "max vg" or have 65% vg or more.
i think it is the vg that makes me sick.

me being a smoker or not doesn't matter. if a juice makes me feel sick i stop useing that juice. its not like im sitting there vaping the whole bottle being like "hm this makes me sick but im cool" thats stupid lol i just give them to one of my friends (over 18) or my SO

thanks yall for the helpful comments!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the info about vg and pg were super helpful! i get most of my juices from zamplebox.com. some of them dont have the vg pg info but all the ones that do and makes me sick say "max vg" or have 65% vg or more.
i think it is the vg that makes me sick.

me being a smoker or not doesn't matter. if a juice makes me feel sick i stop useing that juice. its not like im sitting there vaping the whole bottle being like "hm this makes me sick but im cool" thats stupid lol i just give them to one of my friends (over 18) or my SO

thanks yall for the helpful comments!
I cannot vape over 50% VG or I start hacking up VG and get a heavy feel in my chest.
And I have no known lung issues.
last doctors visit my oxygenation level was 98% and they said my lungs sounded great.

VU Sponsors