Become a Patron!

Vaping in Public

OhSnap9292

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it weird? I never really thought it was. I work at the mall and I see people doing it all the time. When they come in my store and vape, I don't care and let them do as they please because I don't think they're hurting anyone. However, I just recently started vaping and of the few times I've done so in public, I've felt very awkward. I feel like people are staring at me, and I even heard one guy call me a tool. Have you guys had negative experiences while vaping in public or am I just being too self conscious?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your normal, Some People still react to vaping in a negative way the same as they do with smokers, depending on how much good VS bad they have heard or read about E-cigs, that being said, I find many vapers treating the where and when they vape the same as a typical cigarette smoker. For me, I use the same rule of thumb as a cigarette smoker does, I vape where I know it is allowed, sad to say those places are getting fewer unless its your car or your house because of a lot of bans in public are happening. Best thing we can do is continue to educate those who don't know about E-cigs and vaping and hope it makes a difference.
Welcome to VU, enjoy our forum:)

WhiteWolf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I kinda refer back to the old standby..."Fuck em if they can't take a joke".
Seriously though, I agree with Smoky and Whiskey..as long as you are not standing under a sign that says "no vaping"...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Be polite and don't go walking around generating huge clouds.

I have had people walk up to me with a good attitude and ask me about what I am doing. I very politely explain and answer all of their questions and I also invite them to visit the Vaping Underground:D

My only negative experience was when one time when I was on a jet waiting to take off when one of the "Stewards" who was a complete tool, noticed the top of my Kayfun peeking out of my shirt pocket and he felt the need to point out that I was not allowed to "Smoke That Thing" while on the aircraft.

Moron.

WhiteWolf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you remind him that you only smoke meat...in the backyard smoker that is...
(not making a sexual preference comment...I'm not a TOTAL jerk)

WhiteWolf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't want UncleRJ's vape bomb pointed in my direction!!!

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as feeling weird, I dont. I can see how vaping may pique someones curiosity enough to ask a question though and if they do Id explain as best I can why I vape.

No one has been rude yet, nor do I expect anyone to be. I mean all humans are good right? Loving, kind and compassionate... If one were rude, I'd kindly pinch their head off...maybe try an make an atomizer out of it...

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tend to stick to @Whiskey rules. If they wouldn't allow smoking where I am then I don't usually vape unless it is encouraged in that venue (i.e. vape shop or vape friendly store/restaurant) but if it's an area where someone would feel comfortable lighting up a cigarette you better believe I'll be vaping there. I haven't gotten any trouble for it from anyone (yet) but I have gotten a few people smoking cigarettes around me asking about it and looking into vaping! I say vape it if you got it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I still enjoy.. easing my sunroof open.. at a red light.. and letting loose a huge cloud..

until there are "rules" that make it so I can not vape in my car..
I can be found at red lights with plumes of vape floating away.. :D

and of course.. funny looks from others, inside their own vehicles.. always makes me giggle.. ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Long as I'm not sent to a smoking area to vape, I'm fine. I quit smoking cigarettes, first or secondhand.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm aware the general public doesn't understand e-cigarettes. I'm cautious not to send up vape (smoke) signals when vaping in public. I remind myself of the nicotine I enjoy and how many places I can vape that I couldn't smoke. People do stare at me, but, it's because my device doesn't look like a cigarette but my vapor does.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is two fold.
While I may not look like the most approachable sumbitch stomping across God's own green acre, I am in fact approachable.. How you perceive the interaction is entirely up to you.
If considerate and curious then there is no issue, in fact I will be more than kosher at imparting my knowledge of vaping.

All others are equal parts stupid and foolish. Will not waste time, or words when a "fuck off!" or a beating is warranted.

VU Sponsors