Become a Patron!

vapers tongue/throat hurts BAD.

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
not sure if this is the correct place to put this, i am kinda new here so sorry if its in the wrong sub section.

first of all sorry for the book, and ill put a TLDR at the end.

ANYWAY down to business, so i have been vaping for aprx 1 year now, and started mixing my own juice about 4 months or so ago, within the last 3-4 days something happened, for 1 i stopped being able to taste this flavor of juice i was mixing, AND for 2 i have a TERRIBLY TERRIBLY irritated throat. i have found out recently that i have a somewhat mild sensitivity/allergy to pg, ( makes my throat feel tight, and kind of feels like its hard to breath, its not, but it feel as if it is, seems to me like something someone with asthma would say asthma feels like, but idk)

so i have stopped using pg based flavorings, i found ''real flavors'' they have all vg based flavors. i thought maybe some of the chemicals in the flavoring was making my throat hurt but i vaped on them for 2 weeks with no ill side affects, until i just got this new batch, other things that have changed was i ran out of vg from liquid barn and switch to essential depots vg, (bought the gallon of the usp kosher food grade) this was switched around the time that my throat started to bother me, so another option i wanted to look into, but i did a bit of research and have not found any negative feedback what so ever on their vg, everyone says its perfect for vaping haven't seen anyone say anything about what is going on with me.

it was blue moon ice cream from REAL FLAVORS. the first batch i got 2 weeks ago was so amazing, got another 15ml bottle of the flavoring about 3 days ago, mixed it up with fresh cotton in my tfv8 vaped it and tasted ok, not as good as the first batch but i mixed it the exact same % then the same batch that i mixed that tasted ok the next day tastes like absolute garbage,almost no flavor if anything has like a weird, diesel/cotton taste, i have tried to re-wick thinking it was my cotton, nothing changed, i tried using 0 nic, nothing changed (i am currently on .5mg nic as it is so its hard to think that would be hurting my throat)

it feels as if maybe i have burnt the back of my throat? i am using the tfv8 cloud beast using their rba i think its fused Clapton, (dual coils) just a huge coil, have been vaping on that for almost 2 months now at around 70 watts doesn't really get that hot i can hold my tongue in front of it without it really burning my tongue so, hard to believe it would burn the back of my throat,

since this happened i have tried cold milk, hot milk, hot coco/hot coco with milk,hot coffee, gatorade, about to try some tea with honey, and so far nothing has helped. and by the way drink TONS and TONS of water. 1 gallon or more per day and still with that i still wake up with terrible dry mouth/throat. maybe the cloud beast is just to much?

also i have bought just some new regular factory build coils i currently have the v8-t6 and was running at about 60 watts because my throat was hurting so bad, and it still didn't help the taste or my throat, im wondering if i got a bad batch of vg? or do just need to take a break from vaping for a few days? because i have tried switch to different flavors and everything i try is just bland with no flavor and tastes like garbage, i know i have vapers tongue/fatigue or whatever you wanna call it but most people are saying if you switch flavors it should be fine? tried with no success. so my thought is maybe bad vg? because it still is no good with 0 nic in it.

another thing i thought about was maybe these REAL FLAVORS, flavors have higher amounts of diketones? or maybe has other things in their flavors that are not good to be vaped because i could not find anything on whats in them, just the fact they are 0pg.

whenever i can bare it i am going to try to vape straight vg no flavor no nic and see what happens.

sorry for being all over the place >.>

TLDR; cant taste flavors, throat hurts bad.
bad vg?
switched vg manufacturers from liquid barn to essential depot.
tried 0 nic. didn't help
i drink TONS of water/other stuff, didn't help.
have switched flavors, didn't help.
whats in ''real flavors'', flavors? (does it have stuff in them that shouldn't be vaped)?
did i burn my throat, or is it some kind of allergic reaction to flavoring/vg i am having?

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i wish it was that simple but i would know if i was sick, i am very aware of things going on with my body and i am for sure not sick. this is different from being sick/ starting to get sick/having a cold, its hard to explain but i 100% know its not me getting sick.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
:facepalm:

If you have all the answers, ytf are you asking questions?
Just stop vaping.

Jokerboy111

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:facepalm:

If you have all the answers, ytf are you asking questions?
Just stop vaping.
im sorry when did i say i had all the answers? i simply said i was sure i wasn't sick, there is plenty of questions i have, if you cant read what i posted and don't want to be helpful find yourself elsewhere.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
SEE. A. DOCTOR.

It's the answer you have been given by 3 people. How many opinions do you require? We are not physicians, so we refer you to one. A doctor will give you a diagnosis, which you are then free to agree or disagree with.

Your options are very simple:
a) See a doctor
b) Stop vaping until you get better

You asked. We answered. At this point you are either trolling, or stupid.

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And to add, we are trying to be helpful. Vaping and its ingredients can affect everyone differently. Best to get a trained professional's opinion. Especially if you're experiencing pain or discomfort.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been vaping 4 years now... About 2 years in, I switched to all VG and started having a heavy chest dealing and my throat was killing me.

I WENT TO THE DOCTOR.

They did a chest x-ray, found zero evidence of any lung issues, in fact they saw zero evidence that I was ever a 2 pack a day smoker.

- I had another lung x-ray 2 weeks ago with the same results as the first. Nothing out of shape, no marks, no anything..... Just clear lungs.

I won't vape full VG anymore because it does make my chest feel heavy but that's it.

What they did find, was a serious sinus infection and strep throat.

Just because you vape, that doesn't mean you can't still get sick... Take everyone's advice and go see a doctor. Obama told you so.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Buy some juice from a vape shop. Replace those coils too. See if that changes the way you feel.

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[...] did i burn my throat, or is it some kind of allergic reaction to flavoring/vg i am having?

It is hard to know, Jokerboy111, if your throat irritation is being caused by PG, flavourings, or toxic combustion products from vaping at high power. There are a few simple things to try.

As Dr. Farsalinios wrote, "A vaper consuming 12 ml/day is absorbing more formaldehyde than a smoker smoking one pack/day." See http://www.vapingpost.com/2016/10/07/what-do-scientists-think-konstantinos-farsalinos-at-vapexpo-2016-paris/

The easy way to test this is to buy a small tank like an Aspire K-1 and a 1.6 ohm coil for it. Then buy 12 or 18 mg/ml unflavoured 50/50 PG/VG juice and vape it at 5 or 6 watts. If the problem goes away then it was probably being caused by the emission of toxic combustion products or sensitivity to the flavouring. If the problem returns when you Vape 12 or 18 mg/ml flavoured juice at 5 or 6 watts that suggests a sensitivity to the flavourings. Since PG is contained in everyday things like ice cream it is pretty rare for someone to be sensitive to the substance and not know it. Eating the ice cream should also cause a sore throat. PG sensitivity is the last thing I would suspect.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And 60w? 70w? Seriously? I'd burn my lips, mouth, and throat if I vaped at TWENTY watts!

I understand the disinclination to visit a Dr for the least little thing; I have no insurance. But there does come a time when it's the only reasonable thing to do. Pain is an indicator that something is wrong. It MIGHT be something in the way you vape, but it seems you've tried everything except vaping at a reasonable wattage. You say you don't feel sick -- well, you have pain... SOMETHING is causing it. So now it's time to try and let a doc figure it out. If he or she finds absolutely nothing wrong... then it's time to really look at what you're vaping, and how you're vaping it. I'd suggest dropping the wattage by 50%, first off.

And yeah, you did ask. Since we aren't doctors, the very best we can tell you is go see one -- illness really needs to be ruled out, before tinkering with this, that, or the other thing. You may not FEEL bad NOW, but you don't want any infection to get a serious foothold -- if it's infection, then by the time you actually FEEL bad, you may need a hospital rather than a simple doctor visit.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Really? I usually vape at 55w. Wonder if I'm just weird.

I suppose high-wattage vaping has become very common, with the monstrous mods being sold these days. But for someone with a REALLY BAD sore throat, 60-70w CANNOT be a good thing!

And yes, I usually vape at 9.6w-9.8w; if I go to 10w, I need a longer driptip so I don't burn my lips.

Andria

not sure if this is the correct place to put this, i am kinda new here so sorry if its in the wrong sub section.

ANYWAY down to business, so i have been vaping for aprx 1 year now, and started mixing my own juice about 4 months or so ago, within the last 3-4 days something happened, for 1 i stopped being able to taste this flavor of juice i was mixing, AND for 2 i have a TERRIBLY TERRIBLY irritated throat. i have found out recently that i have a somewhat mild sensitivity/allergy to pg, ( makes my throat feel tight, and kind of feels like its hard to breath, its not, but it feel as if it is, seems to me like something someone with asthma would say asthma feels like, but idk)

so i have stopped using pg based flavorings, i found ''real flavors'' they have all vg based flavors. i thought maybe some of the chemicals in the flavoring was making my throat hurt but i vaped on them for 2 weeks with no ill side affects, until i just got this new batch, other things that have changed was i ran out of vg from liquid barn and switch to essential depots vg, (bought the gallon of the usp kosher food grade) this was switched around the time that my throat started to bother me, so another option i wanted to look into, but i did a bit of research and have not found any negative feedback what so ever on their vg, everyone says its perfect for vaping haven't seen anyone say anything about what is going on with me.

it was blue moon ice cream from REAL FLAVORS. the first batch i got 2 weeks ago was so amazing, got another 15ml bottle of the flavoring about 3 days ago, mixed it up with fresh cotton in my tfv8 vaped it and tasted ok, not as good as the first batch but i mixed it the exact same % then the same batch that i mixed that tasted ok the next day tastes like absolute garbage,almost no flavor if anything has like a weird, diesel/cotton taste, i have tried to re-wick thinking it was my cotton, nothing changed, i tried using 0 nic, nothing changed (i am currently on .5mg nic as it is so its hard to think that would be hurting my throat)

it feels as if maybe i have burnt the back of my throat? i am using the tfv8 cloud beast using their rba i think its fused Clapton, (dual coils) just a huge coil, have been vaping on that for almost 2 months now at around 70 watts doesn't really get that hot i can hold my tongue in front of it without it really burning my tongue so, hard to believe it would burn the back of my throat,

since this happened i have tried cold milk, hot milk, hot coco/hot coco with milk,hot coffee, gatorade, about to try some tea with honey, and so far nothing has helped. and by the way drink TONS and TONS of water. 1 gallon or more per day and still with that i still wake up with terrible dry mouth/throat. maybe the cloud beast is just to much?

also i have bought just some new regular factory build coils i currently have the v8-t6 and was running at about 60 watts because my throat was hurting so bad, and it still didn't help the taste or my throat, im wondering if i got a bad batch of vg? or do just need to take a break from vaping for a few days? because i have tried switch to different flavors and everything i try is just bland with no flavor and tastes like garbage, i know i have vapers tongue/fatigue or whatever you wanna call it but most people are saying if you switch flavors it should be fine? tried with no success. so my thought is maybe bad vg? because it still is no good with 0 nic in it.

another thing i thought about was maybe these REAL FLAVORS, flavors have higher amounts of diketones? or maybe has other things in their flavors that are not good to be vaped because i could not find anything on whats in them, just the fact they are 0pg.

whenever i can bare it i am going to try to vape straight vg no flavor no nic and see what happens.

bad vg?
tried 0 nic. didn't help
whats in ''real flavors'', flavors? (does it have stuff in them that shouldn't be vaped)?
did i burn my throat, or is it some kind of allergic reaction to flavoring/vg i am having?

bad vg?
tried 0 nic. didn't help
Hey it’s crazy you are experiencing the same thing I am. I’ve vape for over 2 years now and about 6 months I started to feel like I could barely swallow sometimes and heavy film on my tongue. I know I wasn’t drinking enough water band always have only vaped a few juices. I use a small pen vapor that is 10 wats I think and smoke it like I would a cigarette. Anyways I’ve been the same thing your experience

Hey it’s crazy you are experiencing the same thing I am. I’ve vape for over 2 years now and about 6 months I started to feel like I could barely swallow sometimes and heavy film on my tongue. I know I wasn’t drinking enough water band always have only vaped a few juices. I use a small pen vapor that is 10 wats I think and smoke it like I would a cigarette. Anyways I’ve been the same thing your experience
So sometimes it goes away for a couple days or isn’t that bad for a few weeks and then just is horrible. Quite frankly I’m sick of it. I thought I was acid reflex but now know it isn’t. I’m gonna try experimenting with different flavors but something isn’t right. The weird thing is that it never happened the first 2 years I vaped I’m baffled. So I don’t think your sick and need to see a doctor but then again we might have something seriously wrong with us haha it’s frustrating definitely

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope this kid wised up and went to see the doctor. People need to remember that vaping has a very short history so it will take time for potential harmful effects to come into light. The long term effects of Cigs weren't discovered over night and vaping is no different.

VU Sponsors