Become a Patron!

Vapers Fatigue/Tongue

oneupmshrm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been Vaping on and off for a little over a year now (been struggling to kick the cancer sticks). I notice that when I vape I will get 2-3 flavorful hits and after that the flavor almost always disappears. I know all about Vapers Fatigue/Tongue but this seems different. There is no way it could take effect that quickly.

My setup is the Innokin Disruptor with the Uwell Crown RBA. I am currently using the 0.5ohms coils at about 40watts. I am switching between Super Charged Heaven's The GOAT (Vanilla Custard 3mg) and Moo Juice Strawberry Milk 6mg.

I was curious if its due to my smoking? Any suggestions would be helpful. Also this may be a little off topic but any suggestions on completely quitting the cigs would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been Vaping on and off for a little over a year now (been struggling to kick the cancer sticks). I notice that when I vape I will get 2-3 flavorful hits and after that the flavor almost always disappears. I know all about Vapers Fatigue/Tongue but this seems different. There is no way it could take effect that quickly.

My setup is the Innokin Disruptor with the Uwell Crown RBA. I am currently using the 0.5ohms coils at about 40watts. I am switching between Super Charged Heaven's The GOAT (Vanilla Custard 3mg) and Moo Juice Strawberry Milk 6mg.

I was curious if its due to my smoking? Any suggestions would be helpful. Also this may be a little off topic but any suggestions on completely quitting the cigs would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

You need to quit the sticks completely. However, I doubt that is causing the vapers tongue. Although it's possible.

And it hasn't taken place quickly, you said you had been off and on for a year.

The only suggestion I can give you for quitting the smokes. Don't buy any, and hit that mod as often as you need. You might even try bumping the Nic up a bit. I sub ohmed 18mg for awhile. The headaches and nausea will tell you when you've had enough. I kept 0mg on hand just for those occasions.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you get 2-3 hits before the flavor disappears, it's the wicking in the coil not keeping up with your vaping style. The RBA, rebuildable, are you using that or the standard coils?

Kicking the cigs will open up your tastebuds, bring em back to life. Takes a couple weeks to a month.

Last edited:

oneupmshrm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you get 2-3 hits before the flavor disappears, it's the wicking in the coil not keeping up with your vaping style. The RBA, rebuildable, are you using that or the standard coils?

Kicking the cigs will open up your tastebuds, bring em back to life. Takes a couple weeks to a month.
I am using the standard coils. I have to order the rebuild deck. I also have a Dark Horse RDA but I wanted to take a break from dripping

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

gashadokuro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wanted to post here instead of making a new thread. I thought I was getting vapor tongue a while back because one of my flavors I couldn't taste. I switched to another and could taste it fine. I got a new juice today and it did the same thing, however there's something I noticed. The brand that did that before was Dr. K blackberry flavor, this time it was Valgous brand grape flavor. Valgous is just a rebrand of Dr. K and with Dr. K I've had a few of their flavors and the only one that did that was the blackberry. I'm noticing that it's their fruit, or at least berry flavors that seem to lose their taste shortly after using them. I don't think it's vapor tongue simply because other flavors I've had, I've used them for days straight (meaning watermelon all week for example) and they don't lose their flavor. I'm a coffee drinker and I tend to drink water quite a bit. Maybe it's simply the valgous and dr k berry/fruit flavors that just don't work too well after a while? Any thoughts to this?

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What helped me quit was chain vaping and constantly reading over and over about the damage each cigarette does. It seemed stupid and repetitive but it worked.
I kicked the smokes and bought a vape setup the same day, and I did notice the flavor got stronger in the first 10 days which was nice. Everything tastes so much better now. In relation to gashadokuro's post, for me, pastry/sweet/cake-like flavors stay flavorful much longer than fruity or more tart flavors. Some flavors just work better for me I guess.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I second the notion about vaping on bakery/custard flavors over straight fruity blends. Vanilla and custard has much better staying power on the palate than fruit. My ADVs are fruit based desert flavors with a solid cream/custard base. Sometimes they are overpowering at first, but after a day, they chill out and just taste nice and rounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I DIY and mix my flavors at 7% max level with no vapors tongue or flavor fatigue. My ADV every day for months now is 4% Cap Vanilla Custard V1 and 1% Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm vaping primarily "savory" flavours, now. Super Charged Heaven Archangel, Mystic Baristacrat and Mystic PB Parfait. All three out of RDAs.

I've found berry flavours fade on me real fast. As with the OP: Two to three vapes and they're fading already. If I vape a berry flavour in the evening, it'll taste essentially like nothing by the end of the evening. I tried super-charging a blueberry I really like, and that helped, but not a lot.

I haven't tried any berry flavours in an RDA, yet. I was using them all in tanks and RTAs. One berry-ish flavour that does hold up fairly well, for me, is Mystic Verdea Tea. That, like the other Mystic juices, and the Super Charged Heaven juice, is a premium juice. I've got a fruity tank juice that holds up fairly well: Black River B-Line. I haven't tried the max VG version of that, yet.

VU Sponsors