Become a Patron!

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Galaxies MTL RDA from Vapefly. The Galaxies MTL RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Vapefly.

Introduction

The first Vapefly tank i bought was the Vapefly Nicolas which i still use from time to time with the 0.6ohm coil for an airy 23W MTL vape. Since then i have seen them release a couple more tanks, RTA's, RDA'S and even an RDTA and although i haven't used any of them until now i have followed thier products and both seen and read some very favourable reviews yet i don't really hear Vapefly being talked about much in general, they must be one of the most underrated manufacturers. The Galaxies MTL RDA is the second Vapefly product i have looked at recently as i have reviewed the Galaxies MTL RTA which has a unique airflow system which uses a gearwheel airflow control and a inner airflow block set, like the Galaxies MTL RTA the Galaxies MTL RDA also has an interesting airflow system so lets have a look.

http://www.vapefly.net/vapefly-galaxy-mtl-rda/

In the Box

Contents:

1x Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA
1x T-piece tool
1x BF Pin Adapter
1x Cleaning Cloth
1x Spare Parts
2x Ni80 26ga Pre-build Coil
2x Ni80 28ga+44ga*2*16 Fused Clapton Pre-build Coil
1x User Manual

Aesthetics
The Galaxies MTL RDA comes in quite plain blue cardboard packaging and the top layer houses just the small 22mm RDA centrally with all the supplied extras in the layer below. I received the Black version, it's also available in Stainless, Gold and Rainbow. On the Black version the sleeve is Black as is the delrin drip tip but there is also an Ultem section between lower sleeve and drip tip, on the other versions the drip-tips are ultem while the upper section of the sleeve looks like delrin. PMMA/Delrin/Ultem i really don't know the difference in materials or if they are essentially the same material, anyway the design is to stop heat transfer to the drip tip so you don't burn your lips. The RDA has "GALAXIES" printed in metallic Silver on the front of the sleeve, the sides of the sleeve have mini galaxies with 3 air holes either side acting as planets. Moving to the base we have etched branding and safety stamps, the 510 pin is Gold plated and nicely protrudes. The build quality is very good as i have become accustomed with Vapefly products.

Galaxies MTL RDA Specs and Features:

Size: 22 x 32.4mm
Coil: Single coil
Material: PMMA/Stainless Steel
6-level side airflow system
Unique limitless screw airflow control
PMMA/Delrin material for anti-heat
BF pin adapter included
Easy single coil building deck
Limit slot design for easy removing from MOD
Deep juice well
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Black, Stainless, Gold, Rainbow

Taking Apart

The nipple shaped drip tip can be removed and is a standard 510 fitting so you can use a favourite drip tip if you wish but personally i was more than happy with the included one. To pull the sleeve off is easier when attached to a device, the double O-rings make it a tight fit so adjusting the airflow has nice resistance, there is also a stopper both sides. That leaves the deck, the 510 pin can be replaced with the BF pin (which is how i used the RDA), the BF pin is particularly well done as it has both philips and flathead grooves but they don't extend to the edges so you will get a very good seal.

The Airflow

The airflow system works great making the Galaxies a true MTL RDA, the sleeve has a vertical line of 3 holes either side, the sizes of the holes are 0.8mm, 1.2mm and 1.5mm. On the deck we have a small air inlet either side and a rail system to feed the outer air adjustment to that inlet. We have a small section, then medium height section then a tall section which are all joined at the bottom. When the airflow is lined up with the small section one hole is open, medium section 2 holes and finally the tall section is fully open. Each air inlet is on the posts which have 2 grub screws, one grub screw is for fitting your wire leg the other lines up above the inlet so screwing this down will restrict the airflow still further or even close one side.

The Deck

The deck is for a single coil build only and is a very easy build apart from positioning your coil in the perfect position which is very important with this RDA. The posts have a cutout to the sides to slide your legs in place, these cutouts have a little lip which help to keep your legs in place while you tighten your screws. The flathead grub screws are very good quality and you are also supplied with a spare set plus a set of hex grub screws if you prefer them. To help line your up your coil centrally there is a little notch either side on the outer edge of the deck to cradle a coiling rod or similar in place while you fasten your coil legs. Because the air outlets on the deck are very small It is very important that you have the outlets lined up aiming exactly in the middle of the coils, wicking i found straight forward.

wWW94YT.jpg

Performance

As mentioned i used the Galaxies MTL RDA with the BF pin and i really enjoyed using it this way (well i did with build 2). The first thing to address with the Galaxies is whether it's a true MTL vape and the answer to that question is a definite yes which is good news for MTL vapers who would like to use RDA's. The first build i did i struggled for flavour although flavour was ok on the 0.8 airflow setting. Although the coil look lined up centrally on further inspection i noticed the air outlets were not lined up perfectly so i did a new build and with a lot of manipulation got it lined up exactly. This time round i was even getting ok flavour with the airflow fully open, on the tightest airflow i found the flavour now very decent, not excellent but very decent indeed.

Conclusion

A MTL RDA that actually gives a true MTL vape, you need to get the coil lined up perfectly which is easier said than done but once you have it gives very decent flavour.

Pros

True MTL RDA
Decent flavour with tight airflow
Good build quality
Nice design
Unique airflow system
Very well done BF Pin
Easy to fit coil
Decent size juice well
4 Coils included
Grooves for coiling rod
Section between sleeve and drip tip to keep drip tip cool

Cons

Tricky to get coil lined up perfectly with small inlet
Unless on tightest airflow flavour is lacking a bit.

I would once again like to thank Vapefly for supplying the Galaxies MTL RDA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vapefly.net/vapefly-galaxy-mtl-rda/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors