Become a Patron!

Vape pen says no atomizer when using both pods do i need to replace pen or pods?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first thing to do is give all the contacts a good cleaning.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please give us more info (specific vape pen)
Has it leaked (down into the pen)?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The first thing to do is give all the contacts a good cleaning.
Please give us more info (specific vape pen)
Has it leaked (down into the pen)?

I agree with both. A good first step is cleaning the contacts. A good secondary item would be providing more information for troubleshooting.

Is the vape pen a Smok, Aspire, Kangar, Vapoo, etc?

Any other issues being faced?

Information is a narrative of data. Data is the basic facts. As stated, "scientia potentia est". In the case of solving problems, that power lies in an ability to solve a problem.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it really depends on the device.

With a sub ohm tank coil it's usually the coil's center pin.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1705860764524.jpeg

That may come in handy to either screw the center pin back into, or out of, the atomizer's deck. Our infamous "little blue screwdriver", sent us ever lovingly by Chinese workers, does have uses. You might also screw the pin from the mod/battery box up to meet the atomizer's pin, or down back into the mod. It'll depend upon what the variable of the atomizer's pin is.

Barring that, I might check inside the deck around the coil connections. There may be metallic debris in the post holes, or just outside along the rim, which touches a metal top cap. Such debris can often lead to "dead shorts". These short out the power to the coil and might read "no atmzr", or, "atty shrt". It means there is a shot in the circuit.

Clear the debris and retry vaping. It might fire right up. Then, you may also need to do a rebuild as well. Alright, a couple of few things off the bat listed to help troubleshoot. We'd need more info to figure more than these generalized bandage tips.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why do teenagers call all vape power units a "pen" even if it's a box mod?

Pen devices are devices that are, well, pen-like in shape and size. At least that's the way it used to be. Am I too old to understand shapes properly now?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors