Become a Patron!

Vape haze on windshield?

bo0st

Member For 4 Years
Anyone else having an issue with vaping hazing up their car windshield? I'm having a hard time getting the haze off and it's driving me crazy. Also, I kind of stopped vaping in the car :(

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vape with the two drivers side windows down to help. It still gets on there but reduces it.

You will have to wash it multiple times. You may want to try some dish washing soap diluted in water. Cover your dash and use clean water to get it all off.

purpleduck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use straight vinegar to take it off then finish with Windex.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vape with the two drivers side windows down to help. It still gets on there but reduces it.

I tried this but everything got wet. Oh, I live in Oregon. :D

Seriously, I saw a product posted that's s'posed to cur through this filmy stuff (and VG is much worse). Shoulda woulda coulda made a note of what it was but didn't. With all highly due respect, I don't think Windex is a great product, Whiskey. It doesn't do a bang-up job on my windows. The product mentioned was a glass-only cleaner sold at Lowes or Home Depot as I recall. Any assistance is sincerely appreciated.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Best way I have found to date....

Use windex and paper towel. Use the windex heavy so the first paper towel is pretty wet. Then follow right behind with a DRY paper towel.

Windex will make the VG more liquid and the dry paper towel will suck it up. Just buff well with the dry paper towel and you'll be good for a week or two.

bo0st

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the inputs. I'll try the soap and water combo and report back. Also do you think the vinegar will harm tints? I do have a bottle of invisible glass cleaner but it doesn't work well.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have found with invisible glass that I had to clean at least three times and use cloth towels. That was before my vaping.

I clean my leather seats with woolite diluted to about 1:8 or so. It is great and delicate.

Just a note.

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I carry a package of Windex Wipes in my car at all times. They're pre-moistened sheets. Having them always handy lets me clean the windows before the build-up gets too bad, no matter where I happen to be.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I tried those. I have a truck. Not worth the money to me. It takes too many,

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get that, from time to time I just wash it with windex, comes off a lot easier than cigarette film did:cool:

This ^^^ works very well for me too and it's really easy. I find high VG juices condense on windows faster than low VG. Cold also makes it worse.

I've never had tinted windows and would be careful to use something that didn't degrade the tint.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Curses to the OP!

All of this talk ended up with me going outside with a bottle of Simple Green to clean my own windows.

Now a bucket and a Scrub Daddy is involved and the car is in the driveway with all four doors open and getting a good interior clean and vacuum and then off to the carwash.

But heck, this is a perfect indian summer day so I am making the best of it!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best way I've found to clean glass is 25% vinegar in a bottle of water with a drop or two of dish soap. The real trick is to use crumpled up newspaper. Paper towels streak and smear.
Anything with ammonia will turn tint purple.

bo0st

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info!

I just did a full cleaning of my windows during lunch time. Lets see how long this holds up. Also on amazon grabbing those windex wipes :D

bo0st

Member For 4 Years
You just dont know SailCat. When the sun hits the windshield my windows turns white and can't see out :(. Always wiping it down.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You just dont know SailCat. When the sun hits the windshield my windows turns white and can't see out :(. Always wiping it down.

Well I do *TOO* know ... well, sorta, anyway, I haven't actually been out to the car today as my office is in my home so I goof at VU while I'm sorta s'posed to be managing assets, whatever that is. Anyway, the windshield was in need of some help yesterday or the day before or whenever I actually had to drive somewhere.

Sunshine is not much of a problem in November in these here parts. :D

Keep it clean!

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curses to the OP!

All of this talk ended up with me going outside with a bottle of Simple Green to clean my own windows.

Now a bucket and a Scrub Daddy is involved and the car is in the driveway with all four doors open and getting a good interior clean and vacuum and then off to the carwash.

But heck, this is a perfect indian summer day so I am making the best of it!

I hear ya. It's sorta like when I do a couple of paint touch ups in the hall. Invariably ends up with me painting the hallway, kitchen and dining room
dash1.gif

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Best way I have found to date....

Use windex and paper towel. Use the windex heavy so the first paper towel is pretty wet. Then follow right behind with a DRY paper towel.

Windex will make the VG more liquid and the dry paper towel will suck it up. Just buff well with the dry paper towel and you'll be good for a week or two.
I have to clean my car's windows every other day.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya. It's sorta like when I do a couple of paint touch ups in the hall. Invariably ends up with me painting the hallway, kitchen and dining room
dash1.gif
Yeah, I bought a new ladder and now the wife wants the house painted, because of the touch-ups. Should not have bought the ladder.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I bought a new ladder and now the wife wants the house painted, because of the touch-ups. Should not have bought the ladder.
Like the German saying goes, regarding small favors, "you offer the little finger, and they take the whole hand".

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I used to vape in the car, I kept a microfiber rag in the glovebox. No need any windex or cleaners, a quick wipe would get all the film off pretty quickly.

cheech94off

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i use the dry microfiber towel technique. every few days my side of the windshield gets hazy. i notice it really only happened to me when it gets below 60ish degrees and the colder it gets the faster it hazes

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i have a summer haze that makes the window bad at noon and a winter haze that does the opposite so i keep a wand with a MF on it dont quick when i see it.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape Haze on my windshield is really not an issue for me. The rare issue of rain in Arizona, dust storm (highly possible) and the general debris that the wind kicks up are my window issues. I use the squeegee at the gas station on the inside and outside of the windshield!

purpleduck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The company that did my tint are the guys that told me to use vinegar. You should never use ammonia (this includes all blue colored window cleaners as most of these contain ammonia). http://www.tnttinting.net/care.htm

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the inputs. I'll try the soap and water combo and report back. Also do you think the vinegar will harm tints? I do have a bottle of invisible glass cleaner but it doesn't work well.
l;Just make sure your cleaner doesn't have ammonia in it.

I use perfect glass, but have to do it a few times. Also keep wiping till the haze/streaking disappears. Occasionally I also clay bar my window glass...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to clean my car's windows every other day.
I am in my truck driving for an hour a day. A lot more in summer..
My window is open 2-3 inches. I last a week before I need to clean again. Windows get hazed on the driver side only.

When I had the 4 door cab truck, it would be good for 2 weeks.

I vape max VG and my wife vapes 50/50. She hardly ever needs to clean her windows.

VU Sponsors